Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 178 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #1771
magnumea
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105535
Location: moore, SC
What I Drive: 2013 grey st

Posts: 8
FF Reputation: 1 magnumea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had the same thing as ehalperngivens with our '13 we just got in August. The shuddering started after we got it and was so bad at 2000 miles after a 400 mile trip, riders with me were asking what was wrong with it and I felt it was hurting the driveline and tires. It got better after we drove 400 miles back, and seems to be OK now. We're going back over the same trip, so we'll see what happens. The dealer and Ford were responsive to us, but it wouldn't do it for them.
magnumea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #1772
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,340
Points 3,140, Level 34
Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumea View Post
I had the same thing as ehalperngivens with our '13 we just got in August. The shuddering started after we got it and was so bad at 2000 miles after a 400 mile trip, riders with me were asking what was wrong with it and I felt it was hurting the driveline and tires. It got better after we drove 400 miles back, and seems to be OK now. We're going back over the same trip, so we'll see what happens. The dealer and Ford were responsive to us, but it wouldn't do it for them.
Thanks for the update, magnumea. Have a safe trip and let me know if you need any assistance in the future!

Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #1773
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101029
Location: Clifton, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

Posts: 85
FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
First off I will say it's not Ford's responsibility to educate you about their cars. That's YOUR job. Had you spent 30 minutes on google you'd know a lot more about any car you are considering purchasing...

That said, what you're experiencing are NOT normal traits of this tranmission. I've had my car since June and it's shifted smoothly and without any issues since day one. The first thing you should do is file a complaint on the NHTSA website if you really feel your life is in danger. Do not let the dealership bullshit you or push you around, you paid a lot of money for this car and it should function in a safe and sane manner. Here is a video I made of my car, in it you can see how it should be shifting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmLC_4Fg1k

The DCT does have quirks, but they should be mostly transparent when functioning properly.

*edit* Here's the link to file a complaint: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

Watched your video. Nice soft ride. But your miles are low. Iam at 12k and its ways off, rattling sound on 1-2-3 and stuttering on 1-2. Very annoying when you driving a lot in stop and go traffic.
Where you found your complain link? Is it really works? I had independent trans shop look at it at my cost and they don't know what's wrong with it. We all have same issue.
Ysteven is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #1774
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast
 
VectorZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 100457
Location: Eugene, OR
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

Posts: 333
FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Watched your video. Nice soft ride. But your miles are low. Iam at 12k and its ways off, rattling sound on 1-2-3 and stuttering on 1-2. Very annoying when you driving a lot in stop and go traffic.
Where you found your complain link? Is it really works? I had independent trans shop look at it at my cost and they don't know what's wrong with it. We all have same issue.
I'm at 5k miles now and it's still smooth as ever. That link is to the federal government's database. If enough people post facts about dangers they faced they could force Ford to issue a recall.
VectorZ is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #1775
pjbasid
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104936
Location: Kennebunk, ME
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Grey Focus SE

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 pjbasid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
UPDATE - Good News!! After 5 or 6 weeks, I finally have my Focus SE Hatchback back from the dealer. I was having severe shuddering upon take off from a stop, and serious problems with the car slipping in and out of gear indiscriminately.
The service manager worked with FORD and demanded (at my insistence) that they replace the dual clutches. I just picked it up yesterday so I haven't had a chance to really put it through the paces, but so far - smooth as silk!!!
So, those of you who insist those of us with issues with our cars just don't know how to drive, there really was something wrong, and now it is fixed.
To those of you with these issues - push for Ford to fix it for you!!
pjbasid is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #1776
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 726
Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbasid View Post
UPDATE - Good News!! After 5 or 6 weeks, I finally have my Focus SE Hatchback back from the dealer. I was having severe shuddering upon take off from a stop, and serious problems with the car slipping in and out of gear indiscriminately.
The service manager worked with FORD and demanded (at my insistence) that they replace the dual clutches. I just picked it up yesterday so I haven't had a chance to really put it through the paces, but so far - smooth as silk!!!
So, those of you who insist those of us with issues with our cars just don't know how to drive, there really was something wrong, and now it is fixed.
To those of you with these issues - push for Ford to fix it for you!!
If it is running right, this is THE sportiest car for the money out there. For that reason I think people with transmission problems should take the time to read the hundreds of posts here on several threads and become your own advocate with the dealer and Ford.
You can do yahoo searches also about audi-vw dual clutches and quickly find that anything beyond a mild shudder on slow speed startup is NOT normal. The posts here will show you info about clutches being replaced, also throwout bearings and seals. Ask for Cory here at this board and be pro-active. Remember, if the problem was "normal" why does it go away when these repairs are done ?
mr_cassandra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #1777
pjbasid
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104936
Location: Kennebunk, ME
What I Drive: 2012 Dark Grey Focus SE

Posts: 9
FF Reputation: 1 pjbasid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Absolutely. I just came back from cruising around at lunch time and the car is just the best now! So tight, sporty and SMOOTH! No noises, no shudders, smooth shifting... I love it.

And yes, just to clarify, they did replace the seals and throwout bearing as well as the clutch assembly, etc. Tomorrow I will bring the work order and scan it into this message so you can use it to advocate for yourselves. That's what I did, and now I have a great car!
pjbasid is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #1778
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 726
Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbasid View Post
Absolutely. I just came back from cruising around at lunch time and the car is just the best now! So tight, sporty and SMOOTH! No noises, no shudders, smooth shifting... I love it.

And yes, just to clarify, they did replace the seals and throwout bearing as well as the clutch assembly, etc. Tomorrow I will bring the work order and scan it into this message so you can use it to advocate for yourselves. That's what I did, and now I have a great car!
Please do, thats great. If this were some lousy car I'd say forget all this but instead I say lets focus on how to get these fixed so we can all enjoy a lot of sporty car for the price.
mr_cassandra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #1779
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,340
Points 3,140, Level 34
Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Watched your video. Nice soft ride. But your miles are low. Iam at 12k and its ways off, rattling sound on 1-2-3 and stuttering on 1-2...
Ysteven,

Has your concern changed since the last time you spoke with Corey? Drop me a line via PM with your current mileage and Iíll arrange for you to be called again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
...Ask for Cory here at this board and be pro-active...
Thanks so much for the shout-out, mr_cassandra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbasid View Post
Absolutely. I just came back from cruising around at lunch time and the car is just the best now! So tight, sporty and SMOOTH! No noises, no shudders, smooth shifting... I love it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
I'm at 5k miles now and it's still smooth as ever...
pjbasid & VectorZ,

Itís so great you both love your rides; this made my morning.

Cory
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
FordService is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #1780
billm-i
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107079
Location: Northlake, IL
What I Drive: 2012 focus

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 billm-i Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Shudder

I have the same issue and it has not gone away . Currently showing 3300 miles on my car. Mostly city driving.

So when will it stop now? 5k miles ? 10k? I think there must be something going on and I do not believe this will not end up damaging something down the road. What will happen when the warranty ends. Is ford willing to back the claim this will not affect the transmission in the future ?
I also have another issue when filling the car with gas I cannot get it to fill normally .I constantly have to reset the pump slow it down move the nozzle etc. Anyone else have this going on?
billm-i is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.