Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 169 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #1681
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=armoore;4408771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Considering we're so close to each other... if one of us gets it done, the other should go there too. I'm taking mine to Heiser Ford in Glendale tomorrow. I'll let you know if they blow me off...

Yes let me know what you find out... My next stop was going to be Boucher in West Bend - that's where I bought it. Griffin and Amado have been no help.

Good luck tomorrow.
As I said in previous posts there are a number of sources for the dissatisfaction with the DCT one of them being dealers who blow off customers with legitimate issues. If FF members started naming dealer service, good and bad, it might assist others in getting the service they paid for when they bought their car. I think it probable that Ford is trying to deal with this issue because I got a survey asking about my dealer experience from Ford a few weeks after I took delivery of my Focus. Making great cars is not enough. Ford has to have the service to match.

For the record, everyone in the service department at South Coast Ford in Sechet, BC where I live has been great.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #1682
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 2,017, Level 27
Points: 2,017, Level: 27 Points: 2,017, Level: 27 Points: 2,017, Level: 27
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I started my car this morning for the first time in nearly 2 weeks (I ride my motorcycle whenever possible) and the touch screen remained black. No backlight, no nothing. I sat there with it idling for several minutes, waiting for anything to happen. Nothing. Shut down, wait a minute, and re-start. Screen produces a dim backlight, and then says "Microsoft Sync", and the software update begins. After that, it comes up with 'Navigation Card Fault', or something like that. So, I removed the Nav disk & re-insert, and all seems to be well.

Is this thing set to do this after a certain amount of time? What would it have done if I hadn't shut down & re-started? Nothing? This thing is VERY buggy.

I may be trading my fully-loaded Titanium for a base ST so I can get rid of MFT and DCT and have a turbo instead.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #1683
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,835, Level 32
Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
So you go to the dealer and demand he replace the clutches and he says no. You tell him you're going to a lawyer. Based on what? An assumption.
I guess if you bring your checkbook the lawyer might show some interest. I also think going up against a company like Ford would probably be a losing proposition. For you, not the lawyer.
I would appreciate any comments.
An assumption? I am not the only one with this issue - why do you think there are multiple hundred page threads on this transmission? Not that it matters. I'll just file a complaint with the BBB, NHTSA, etc. and fix it myself. But my old clutch will not end up in a junkyard - I'll want everyone to know if I had to replace my clutch myself.

Anyway, the car is at the dealer today so we'll see what they say.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #1684
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
An assumption? I am not the only one with this issue - why do you think there are multiple hundred page threads on this transmission? Not that it matters. I'll just file a complaint with the BBB, NHTSA, etc. and fix it myself. But my old clutch will not end up in a junkyard - I'll want everyone to know if I had to replace my clutch myself.

Anyway, the car is at the dealer today so we'll see what they say.
This clutch controversy has my interest. I will appreciate it if you are able to direct me t sites where I can learn more about this issue. I have been unsuccessful in my search for information. I 'm not interested in comments made in this forum. I would rather see expert opinions. I have less than 6000 miles on my Focus and no problems. I want to know if I have something to worry about down the road.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #1685
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,835, Level 32
Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
This clutch controversy has my interest. I will appreciate it if you are able to direct me t sites where I can learn more about this issue. I have been unsuccessful in my search for information. I 'm not interested in comments made in this forum. I would rather see expert opinions. I have less than 6000 miles on my Focus and no problems. I want to know if I have something to worry about down the road.
I can PM you some documentation.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #1686
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Points 2,017, Level 27
Points: 2,017, Level: 27 Points: 2,017, Level: 27 Points: 2,017, Level: 27
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 cbdallas Good Standing Member
This forum is one of the best places for information on the matter. Someone actually posted a copy of the dealership work order where the customer complaint was noted, the transmission was removed and the input seal & the oil soaked clutches were replaced. He's not the first one to have this job done, and he won't be the last.

As far as worrying about it....you might as well not. If the problem starts, just take it to the dealer. If it doesn't, then enjoy the drive.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #1687
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Quote:
I can PM you some documentation.
Can you please PM the documentation to me as well. My Focus has about 5K miles on it. So far no issues after one visit to dealer for DCT reset.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #1688
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
Can you please PM the documentation to me as well. My Focus has about 5K miles on it. So far no issues after one visit to dealer for DCT reset.
Add me to the list. I am at 46K. it has been perfect up until now. I just recently have got a slight shudder at low speeds going up hill. it is easy to make it stop ... but it never happened up until this point.

Other than that ... I love my TI Focus!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #1689
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
This forum is one of the best places for information on the matter. Someone actually posted a copy of the dealership work order where the customer complaint was noted, the transmission was removed and the input seal & the oil soaked clutches were replaced. He's not the first one to have this job done, and he won't be the last.

As far as worrying about it....you might as well not. If the problem starts, just take it to the dealer. If it doesn't, then enjoy the drive.
It seems to me that a leaky seal would be easy to spot. I wasn't referring to oil soaked clutches. it's faulty clutches suspected of causing the grinding and hesitation and shuttering problems.
I've read many comments in this forum, but, most seem to indicate that Ford does not acknowledge that a clutch problem exists.
I guess I can just smile and drive along, but knowledge is a powerful tool and it's knowledge That would keep me smiling.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #1690
armoore
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104658
What I Drive: 2012, Red SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 armoore Good Standing Member
I'm going to keep trying to deal with the dealer - why I don't know. But talked to an attorney in the area - actually top attorney for this area for Lemon Laws. Mine wouldn't be under the Lemon Law but a diffrent law applies (can't remember of hand) He says I have a case if I want one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.