Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 157 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #1561
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Trouble is none of the digruntled owners ever post their dealer's name.
Good idea to let others who not to deal with!
I'll jump off the cliff first. How about if I start 2 threads, 1 for good experiences wth dealers, 1 for bad experiences with dealers?

The important issue is to be factual and objective and especially to not post defammatory remarks.

Good experience example:
The service at XXX Ford has been great. They sorted out my DCT and fixed the leak in my sunroof first time. I have had no problems since. I would not hesitate to recommend XXX Ford for service.

Bad experience example:
I have had my Focus back to YYY Ford 10 times. My sunroof still leaks. I would not recommend YYY Ford for service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #1562
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
I would tend to agree that mentioning who you're dealing with would help, but in some cases, one person's opinion of a dealer may not be the same as anothers.

Plus, I had the opposite happen. My local dealer, which I have been faithful in bring my car to them over the past 10 years, sort of didn't want to address my issue with my car, simply because I didn't buy it from them. They said they would, but I would need a rental car, and that would cost me $50 per day. All because I didn't buy the car from them... although Ford specifically says they are to bill Ford, and not me. In the end, I ended up taking it back to the dealer. So in that instance, yes I would praise my local dealer and say they were a good dealer, but this is making me thing twice about them. And the dealer I purcahsed the car from, some people hate them, some people like them. I only took it back there because they knew I purchased the car from them, and they wanted to keep me as a happy customer.

(I will note that I did try to buy a Focus from my local dealer, but at the time--back in July 2011 when these things were a bit scarce--they couldn't get me one, and they suggested that I look elsewhere. They had 2 on their lot--one of which was a sedan with a manual, and the other was a HB but not cruise or sync--both of which I wanted with an automatic, but anway, in the end they couldn't get anyone else to "trade" with them for the one I wanted. So, I had to go to another dealer...) I do still go to the local dealer for oil changes, because they are honest and will check more stuff than most dealers will. I mean, they check EVERYTHING they can--and they know its still under warrant as well, so they don't try to screw me with a repair charge that would be covered under warranty.

So basically, I think the mentioning of dealerships to work with and dealers to avoid is fine, but keep in mind that as I said above, someone's go-to dealer may be a dealer that someone else where wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #1563
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
I would tend to agree that mentioning who you're dealing with would help, but in some cases, one person's opinion of a dealer may not be the same as others.
Absolutely true. This is why it is best to report after a number of events. Anybody can have a bad day or a good day. I make a point of praising a business that gives me good service and letting ones know when I get bad service. Good business people should want to know this. if they care they will fix things. Complaining is better than just going somewhere else. If they don't respond you have confirmed they don't care.

If someone wants to post their dealer experience, good or bad, it is important to be factual and not to make defamatory statements like 'CCC Ford is the worst dealer in the universe' or you could get sued for damages.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #1564
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Thanks to some for your support. What bothers me is when this thread gets so off-topic. This thread is for issues with the Focus, not issues with Focus owners.

I'm not sure how much good it would do to rate dealers. In my case, I felt my dealer was honest, fair and ready to help in any way they could. They can't do anything corporate Ford does not approve though.

It's true I don't own a Focus anymore, but my experience may be helpful to someone, or at least let them know they are not the only ones with similar issues. My YouTube video is receiving quite a few hits, so I know many are looking for answers to transmisson noises. I do hope Ford resolves this and there are many more happy owners. Satisfied customers should be job#1.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #1565
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,148, Level 34
Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34 Points: 3,148, Level: 34
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hey folks,

Please remember that I'm happy to step in and see how I can help each of you. While I do try to keep an eye on many threads, the fastest (and most efficient) way of contacting me is via PM. If you'd like to contact me, just send me a PM and give me some background on what you're experiencing. It's also helpful to send along your VIN, mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #1566
xiebaiqin
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104435
What I Drive: 2012,tuxedo black,SEL Focus

FF Reputation: 1 xiebaiqin Good Standing Member
same problems

I have a tuxedo black 2012 ford focus hatchback, it has about 11000 miles on it.
i feel it shudders often when accelerating and decelerating. Other than this, everything is working fine.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #1567
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,115, Level 97
Points: 27,115, Level: 97 Points: 27,115, Level: 97 Points: 27,115, Level: 97
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Since I have learned that censorship prevails on this forum I will no longer post here. Censorship in any form is wrong.
This post may not see the light of day since the censor is lurking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifocus View Post
Censorship is wrong and i agree. Look what they did to B-Lou. Banned him for expressing his opinions.....
We have Member Rules. What is most annoying about this thread is that I have to come in here every week and read all this stuff to delete inappropriate materials. This thread is for owners who are having problems to get help with their cars from people who have had their problems repaired. When the conversation drifts, we do allow that, but it's excessive in this thread with all the happy owners berating unhappy owners and back and forth like pre-teens on hormone therapy.

Back to the censorship- like I said, we have rules.

ElGatto was given a 1 pt infraction for intentionally making posts to annoy unhappy owners. This is inappropriate behavior, and you will be infracted. B-Lou was given an infraction for the same behavior. We do not allow people to intentionally make posts that are designed to anger, belittle, or annoy other users. When you make comments like "I just love to post and make you mad" you get an infraction.

I'm really sorry those B-Lou and ElGatto feel hurt, but all they got was a 1 pt infraction that expires after 30 days. The offending posts were deleted. Neither are banned from the site.

This message and all the other off-topic messages will be deleted for the sake of this thread's integrity. It is supposed to be here to help people, not for needless bickering.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #1568
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarson View Post
If you disagree with the rules of this forum, or the moderators who police them, then leave. Or just keep doing what b-Lou did and receive the same consequences.

I think the mods spend a lot of their fee time doing a great job for no pay. Respect them and the rules and you won't get banned.
You are right. Moderators have a tough job. B**ching and moaning is not constructive. I'll help anyone I can to determine whether or not the behavior they experience is the same as I do or whether they have a problem and how to address it - if I know what to do.

I love cars and I enjoy our Focus (wife's car that I maintain). I recently ordered an ST that I am confident will be a great car.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #1569
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
I wasn't coming back, but, I am so annoyed I have to make one final comment.
How is helpful to any Focus owner who posts here that the only solution to a problem with your Focus is to dump it on someone else.
When I read post from characters like this saying how they are trying to be helpful and how wonderful their experience with their Ford dealer was and then get rid of their Focus I want to throw up.
Hit me with another infraction if that is what you do for an honest comment.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #1570
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
After 2 1/2 months of trying to get my Focus fixed, with no results, I figured I had several options:

1) Continue driving a car I was told had problems. (by service managers)

2) Continue driving a car I no longer felt was safe due to the lagging transmission shifts

3) Keep returning to the dealer to complain about the same problem, which they already knew about.

4) Spend more time trying to convince corporate Ford that they should fix the problem that two service managers said I had.

5) Try to get corporate Ford to authorize at least 3 fixes of my trans, and if no results, go for the lemon law.

6) Hire a lawyer.

7) Get rid of the car.

Again, I will say that I had no complaints about my dealers. They were honest, fair, willing to help (talking to my regional manager) and polite at all times. Their hands are tied if corporate Ford will not authorize work to be done. Also. If Ford never admits to a problem, they are not obligated to fix it. So who knows how long I would have waited before anything was done that would either fix the trans, or give me documentation for the lemon law.

Even though I took a loss, I thought #7 was my best option. As of today, I have no worries about my car. That is important to me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks