Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 156 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #1551
gntconn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104321
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 gntconn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Trans issues resolved

Just got mine back from the dealer and they recalibrated the Transmission (Whatever that means) and it runs like a charm. No more grinding, no more slipping, etc. A shame that they keep selling them with this known issue and they do not correct at the factory. anyway , now happy with the focus now. cant beat the gas mileage for the pricetag..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #1552
sam.noside
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104368
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5dr HB SEL

FF Reputation: 1 sam.noside Good Standing Member
Thanks GntCon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gntconn View Post
Just got mine back from the dealer and they recalibrated the Transmission (Whatever that means) and it runs like a charm. No more grinding, no more slipping, etc. A shame that they keep selling them with this known issue and they do not correct at the factory. anyway , now happy with the focus now. cant beat the gas mileage for the pricetag..
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #1553
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.noside View Post
Thanks El Gatto!

Does anyone keep stats on how many people have *not* had problem or had the problem totally resolved?
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the Mk3 Focus is one of the best selling cars in the world for 2011/2012 (first model year), other places in the world have the same engine/transmission combo and you don't see the complaints in those areas. Americans are picky people and hard headed, we don't change our ways easily.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #1554
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
I want to post this one more time.
Over a month ago I was involved in a front end collision sustaining over $7000 in damages. The car is repaired and I have driven over 1000 miles since with out a hint of a problem. This illustrates how well Ford has built these cars.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #1555
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gntconn View Post
I don't think it is so much Ford selling a transmission with known issues as more one of working out software bugs while also trying to optimize fuel efficiency. As you, I and many other have found out the issues with the DCT are in the software, not the hardware. Even giants like Microsoft and Apple can't get this issue right the first time. As I said before, the entire auto industry is undergoing a quantum paradigm shift (perhaps a DCT shift!). It is reasonable to expect that some components of Ford's operation will come up to speed faster than others. Ignorant (and sometimes arrogant) owners are another factor. Some new Focus owners don't even seem to be aware that the auto world is changing.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #1556
sam.noside
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104368
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5dr HB SEL

FF Reputation: 1 sam.noside Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that the Mk3 Focus is one of the best selling cars in the world for 2011/2012 (first model year), other places in the world have the same engine/transmission combo and you don't see the complaints in those areas. Americans are picky people and hard headed, we don't change our ways easily.
Thanks, Sonic!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #1557
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
There are over 250,000 new Focus's on the road. I only know of 2 on this forum who were so totally fustrated that they got rid of their cars. Reading their gripes one can only wonder what sort of interaction they had with Ford and the dealership.
That is not a fair count. Look back and see how many have traded in their car, have had their car bought back by Ford, how many are in the process of using the lemon law, how many have not had their car fixed, how many do not have their car because they're waiting for parts.

Also, don't assume that all the people having problems are on this forum. Search and you will find many reviews and other forums with the same complaints. And, don't assume that because your car is "flawless', others are not having problems, or are causing their own problems, or are incapable of driving their cars.

I think you should have some facts before you accuse people of things. How do you know how people have interacted with their dealers? Proof? Have you been there? I had a wonderful relationship with two service managers. They were honest and fair. But, in cases of no error code or judgement calls, it's up to the engineers what gets done.

There is no doubt that there are cars with problems. There is no doubt that in many cases Ford customer service is terrible. Again, I go back to what I said weeks ago. If you haven't been in this situation of having problems and getting nowhere getting them fixed, don't judge people or make assumptions. I think you would talk different if you were the guy waiting 51 days for parts, or the one who needed a lawyer to get Ford to act.

There is a place on this forum for those who are happy with their cars...use it.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #1558
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Trouble is none of the digruntled owners ever post their dealer's name.
Good idea to let others who not to deal with!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #1559
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
OK, this thread needs to get back on topic. If you're not having a problem with your 2012 Focus, or you just want to discuss the psychology of a disdained Focus owner then please do so in another forum. I don't want to have to go through another few weeks of deleting posts over this. I have no problem with anyone making helpful suggestions, but once we get into this "Your problem isn't a problem", "I don't have a problem" discussion then we're not helping anyone. It is disrespectful of owners who have problems, and in Jim's case he had an internal bearing failure. I believe that the multitude of people who don't understand the DCT or how it works prevented his dealer from taking a real problem seriously. That's my biggest problem with this whole mess.

If you want to join other happy Focus owners discussing how good the car is there is the 3rd Generation Ford Focus Forum. If you think we're being unfair to you, we have issued infractions for unhappy owners who want to make posts showing a picture of their new Hyundai calling it the "best mod ever" in the 3rd Gen forum.

Follow the rules, be respectful, and thanks for posting!

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #1560
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
I don't think it is so much Ford selling a transmission with known issues as more one of working out software bugs while also trying to optimize fuel efficiency. As you, I and many other have found out the issues with the DCT are in the software, not the hardware. Even giants like Microsoft and Apple can't get this issue right the first time. As I said before, the entire auto industry is undergoing a quantum paradigm shift (perhaps a DCT shift!). It is reasonable to expect that some components of Ford's operation will come up to speed faster than others. Ignorant (and sometimes arrogant) owners are another factor. Some new Focus owners don't even seem to be aware that the auto world is changing.
Yes, I agree. Almost never is a product correct right off the line. I work for a manufacturing company, and to be honest, sometimes it takes a year or so to really get the kinks worked out. And none of our products are really software driven... they are all hardware/manual control, and even then so, they don't always work right the first time. Software only makes the issue harder to work with, and thus longer to address and fix. At least Ford is trying to continue to improve the DCT, although I could have waited a few more years for this, but I think that the industry was sort of pushing them to produce the DCT for their cars. Now only if they'd use their 1.3/1.4L ecoboost engine in the Focus, that would be great (or even better yet, the turbodiesel they use in Europe).

Bookmarks & Social Networks