Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 155 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #1541
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
My DCT is also awesome. My SEL shifted pretty crappy, but I only had it for 1100 miles and it was pre-TSB. My Ti was noticeably better new, and post TSB became awesome. I have had times where it got quirky, but those were either following long days on the dyno or long trips outside of my normal commute. Within a week of normal commuting it goes right back to where it had been. In all honesty I am extremely pleased and impressed with its technology.

I honestly feel for those whom have had issues with their car, and I can relate because I do have the clunk. But I agree with the fact that Ford has introduced a lot to us, and there will be some growing pains associated with that. I don't think that blaming Ford as a whole due to poor dealerships is the answer.

Do I believe that Ford needs to resolve the problems? Yes, of course. But trying to blame an entire line of cars due to a fraction of the population having issues doesn't really add up to me. Hopefully those with issues can get them resolved.

Sent from my stupid phone.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #1542
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I often wonder if some of the problems the moaners and groners are having with the dealers is due to the way they present themselves, ie, bad attitude, jumping all over the service manager, etc.
I've seen it happen.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #1543
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I often wonder if some of the problems the moaners and groners are having with the dealers is due to the way they present themselves, ie, bad attitude, jumping all over the service manager, etc.
I've seen it happen.
After seeing some of the interaction on here, that's not hard to believe...

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 09-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #1544
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
I've seen it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
After seeing some of the interaction on here, that's not hard to believe...

I wonder the same thing. I often wonder how people would react if someone marched into their POE and stirred the pot as it were. And for every person on this forum that complain about this issue or that issue there are just as many with a giant on their faces.

A side not unrelated to the DCT, but I do not have the "clunk" either.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 09-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #1545
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Me Too!

Quote:
Nice to hear the happy comments after all the moaner and groners!
I've been watching these posts for a while now. And ElGatto, you and I seem to be on the same page. My Focus has been a "learning process" My dealer has been "adequately learned". But (big but here) I have been exposed to new technology that I am not used to, not afraid of, but apprehensive of. I as of now at 8500 miles, LOVE this car! I traded a HONDA for goodness sakes, to get into this ride. and am SOOOOO Glad I did. This move in Tech for Ford is a good (not perfect) move in the direction that Cars needed to go in. I recently beat a '94 Mustang GT in a 1/4 mile run, (a co-worker that thought my 4 cylinder affection was mis-guided). and am getting 36MPG's, with an AWESOME stereo system. What more do I need at a 22K pricetag? Keep posting, keep learning, STAY FOCUSED!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #1546
sam.noside
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104368
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5dr HB SEL

FF Reputation: 1 sam.noside Good Standing Member
(Newbie) We're looking at purchasing a 2012 5dr Hatchback SEL6 Speed AT, 36,000 miles. We sensed none of the transmission issues in our test drive. Previous owner was rental agency.

1) Is there any way to tell if the vehicle has certain components that would cause troubles?

2) Is there a way to tell if it has had recall repairs already made. Checking the VIN at the FORD recall page shows nothing. Does Ford keep a record of repairs made? (Equifax shows only oil changes after acquisition post auction).
PostScript: Ahh ETIS shows: Outstanding Field Service Actions 12B37 - , AND THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE I guess that answers that, doesn't it?

3) I assume if tranny problems appear, they are covered under the powertrain warranty? (No cost for the repair?)

4) We really like this car. Don't want to be like ostriches with heads in the sand, but don't want to miss a great little car. What should we look for? (Or should we just run away).

Last edited by sam.noside; 09-30-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: clarifications and new information
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #1547
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.noside View Post
(Newbie) We're looking at purchasing a 2012 5dr Hatchback SEL6 Speed AT, 36,000 miles. We sensed none of the transmission issues in our test drive. Previous owner was rental agency.

1) Is there any way to tell if the vehicle has certain components that would cause troubles?

2) Is there a way to tell if it has had recall repairs already made. Checking the VIN at the FORD recall page shows nothing. Does Ford keep a record of repairs made? (Equifax shows only oil changes after acquisition post auction).
PostScript: Ahh ETIS shows: Outstanding Field Service Actions 12B37 - , AND THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE I guess that answers that, doesn't it?

3) I assume if tranny problems appear, they are covered under the powertrain warranty? (No cost for the repair?)

4) We really like this car. Don't want to be like ostriches with heads in the sand, but don't want to miss a great little car. What should we look for? (Or should we just run away).
Really hard to say.
Most common complaints were:
Transmission grinds.
Rollback on hills.
Steering tension should slowly increase with speed ( it's electronic not hydraulic).
Other than that since it was a rental it's a judgement call for you.
Good luck!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #1548
sam.noside
Focus Rookie

Thanks El Gatto!

Does anyone keep stats on how many people have *not* had problem or had the problem totally resolved?

Quote:
Really hard to say.
Most common complaints were:
Transmission grinds.
Rollback on hills.
Steering tension should slowly increase with speed ( it's electronic not hydraulic).
Other than that since it was a rental it's a judgement call for you.
Good luck!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #1549
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.noside View Post
Thanks El Gatto!

Does anyone keep stats on how many people have *not* had problem or had the problem totally resolved?
There are over 250,000 new Focus's on the road. I only know of 2 on this forum who were so totally fustrated that they got rid of their cars. Reading their gripes one can only wonder what sort of interaction they had with Ford and the dealership.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #1550
sam.noside
Focus Rookie

Quote:
There are over 250,000 new Focus's on the road. I only know of 2 on this forum who were so totally fustrated that they got rid of their cars. Reading their gripes one can only wonder what sort of interaction they had with Ford and the dealership.
Thanks for this optimistic statistic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks