Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 151 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #1501
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywal View Post
I wonder if the fiesta is having the same issues with the transmission That the focus is having.
Yes. Just search-"Fiesta Transmission problems." Same problems since early 2011.

Bbenigni:
Sorry to hear of your problems. I loved my Focus, but after 2 1/2 months of excuses and no work on my transmission, I gave up. Ford customer service in many cases is non-existant.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #1502
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
Transmission

Did not think I would be writing in again after my clutches were replaced TWICE, but here I am. The car did good for a while after the clutch repair, but the leap from first gear has started again along with the noise. Also the car drives like it is stuck in 5th gear. It will not coast or free wheel. My car is at the dealer now...........we will see what they find.

I do not have horror stories to tell about my dealer. They have made every effort to fix my car. Some Focus cars have the infamous transmission problem, most don't. This should never have been an issue. It is a repair that comes from corporate.

I have a claim number now and have been called by two Ford reps. One of my biggest gripes is that the operation of this transmission was never explained to me when I bought the car. When I test drove the car it seemed like a normal automatic. That lack of an explanation is just wrong.

Will post with results from3rd run at dealer repair.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #1503
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
Did not think I would be writing in again after my clutches were replaced TWICE, but here I am. The car did good for a while after the clutch repair, but the leap from first gear has started again along with the noise. Also the car drives like it is stuck in 5th gear. It will not coast or free wheel. My car is at the dealer now...........we will see what they find.

I do not have horror stories to tell about my dealer. They have made every effort to fix my car. Some Focus cars have the infamous transmission problem, most don't. This should never have been an issue. It is a repair that comes from corporate.

I have a claim number now and have been called by two Ford reps. One of my biggest gripes is that the operation of this transmission was never explained to me when I bought the car. When I test drove the car it seemed like a normal automatic. That lack of an explanation is just wrong.

Will post with results from3rd run at dealer repair.
I believe that many, you included, did not research the new Focus with the DCT prior to purchase. This transmission was probably not the automatic you expected it to be.
It's more than likely you would have not purchased a Focus. I was fascinated with the DCT and it was the prime reason I bought my Focus
Sorry you are having so many problems. as I read thru the complaints here I am starting to wonder if the Ford Service people have adequate training to work on the DCT's. Really strange that they keep replacing parts that don't solve the problem. Almost sounds like grasping at straws.
I've never experienced a problem with my Focus, but, I'm starting to wonder if I do will the guy who works on my car know what he's doing?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #1504
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I believe that many, you included, did not research the new Focus with the DCT prior to purchase. This transmission was probably not the automatic you expected it to be.
It's more than likely you would have not purchased a Focus. I was fascinated with the DCT and it was the prime reason I bought my Focus
Sorry you are having so many problems. as I read thru the complaints here I am starting to wonder if the Ford Service people have adequate training to work on the DCT's. Really strange that they keep replacing parts that don't solve the problem. Almost sounds like grasping at straws.
I've never experienced a problem with my Focus, but, I'm starting to wonder if I do will the guy who works on my car know what he's doing?
I've seen a document that describes the DCT technology and behavior. It may have been posted in this thread at one point. I figured out what the DCT was mainly on my own when I first bought our Focus. My wife drives the car much more than I do. She has not complained about the way the DCT behaves at all. I do have a skilled tech who specializes in transmissions and who has replaced DCT clutches on one or more cars. He says most customers who complain really do not have a major problem and he does explain the DCT to them in simple terms.

I have been very impressed with my wifes Titanium and recently ordered a 2013 Focus ST for myself.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #1505
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
You should not have to research whether a car works or not. Most of the problems here are about a transmission that does not work properly. Ford wouldn't be replacing clutches, or entire transmissions if they were working properly. It's not about the "shuddering" any more, it's about a trans that is noisy, shifts erraticly and at times is not safe.

I have to go back to what two service managers told me. "We know there are problems, but Ford does not know how to fix them." We are seeing this with the repeated "repairs" that end up not to repairs at all. Why do you think Ford has been giving so many excuses? They don't know what to do. The transmission complaints have been going on for almost two years, starting with the Fiesta. If you have a Focus with trans problems, don't hold your breath waiting for a fix.

Maybe an indication of the extent of the problem is the fact that in 2 1/2 months there have been 740 views of my YouTube video describing the noise of my trans. Excessive noise is not normal.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1506
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103814
What I Drive: 2012 focus se red

FF Reputation: 1 Jen299 Good Standing Member
I passed by the dealership where my car is getting fixed and still no parts in yet and not sure when the parts will be in. So I wait for another week and hope they are in lol going on the 3rd week.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #1507
raywal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102946
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 0 raywal Newbie
Ford knows there is a problem with the transmissions.Theres know way there going to repair all these cars .Just to expensive of a problem.Reading about all these problems makes me wonder if my car is next or will the trans go out after the warranty runs out.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #1508
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103814
What I Drive: 2012 focus se red

FF Reputation: 1 Jen299 Good Standing Member
Mine is in the shop waiting for new transmission and steering rack.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #1509
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

Points 795, Level 14
Points: 795, Level: 14 Points: 795, Level: 14 Points: 795, Level: 14
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Trans...

I just bought a used Focus SE with warranty----- if this continues not good ! MJB
Old 09-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #1510
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
I hope it wasn't one that someone in this forum just dumped!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.