Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 149 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #1481
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Don't give up. Find out if the software has been updated and if so, ask to have it reflashed. It took about 2000 miles for my trans to smooth out and once it did it performs flawlessly.
I paid $20,000 for what you got back in February. I thought that was a great deal!
Thumbs up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #1482
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor177 View Post
Hi everyone,

I too, have bought several Fords over the years. I went to my local dealer yesterday and bought a New 2012 Ford Focus SE loaded. It was on sale for $16,999 with the 203A and sport package and had 365 miles on it. I have the Xplan so I asked the salesman to show me the invoice. He explained that the car had been brought from another dealer in Miami for a customer, but that customer changed his mind so they had to get rid of this car. I basically got $4000 worth of extras for free. I did take it for a test drive around the area 4-5 miles and did notice a hesitation in the transmission but didnt think much of it. I took the Focus out for a lengthy drive today and noticed the hesitation when stopped and starting up at red lights. I then went online and found all these people with the same issues. I have emailed my salesmen asking for help on this issue, but I haven't given up on the car yet. I will see if I get a response this week and if not I will take the car in for the service techs to check out. I hope this "too good to be true" deal wasn't the dealer making a sucker out of me because they knew about this issue. Any suggestions from you guys on the forum?
Drive it hard, and soft. Trust me, it worked on mine. I only feel a slight shudder now on take off, not even worth mentioning really. And the manual shift mode is a blast when you get around to playing with it. But most of all, if your not comfortable, keep hounding your dealer. They are aware some are not happy, and if they are reputable, they'll get 'er straight!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #1483
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Talk about transmission problems? GM is recalling 470,000 cars which can roll on an incline when parked.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #1484
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor177 View Post
Hi everyone,

I too, have bought several Fords over the years. I went to my local dealer yesterday and bought a New 2012 Ford Focus SE loaded. It was on sale for $16,999 with the 203A and sport package and had 365 miles on it. I have the Xplan so I asked the salesman to show me the invoice. He explained that the car had been brought from another dealer in Miami for a customer, but that customer changed his mind so they had to get rid of this car. I basically got $4000 worth of extras for free. I did take it for a test drive around the area 4-5 miles and did notice a hesitation in the transmission but didnt think much of it. I took the Focus out for a lengthy drive today and noticed the hesitation when stopped and starting up at red lights. I then went online and found all these people with the same issues. I have emailed my salesmen asking for help on this issue, but I haven't given up on the car yet. I will see if I get a response this week and if not I will take the car in for the service techs to check out. I hope this "too good to be true" deal wasn't the dealer making a sucker out of me because they knew about this issue. Any suggestions from you guys on the forum?
Hi thor177,

I'm happy to step in and get you escalated to your regional Customer Service Manager. They'll coordinate efforts with your dealer until your concern is resolved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime phone number; I'll get in touch with your CSM.

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #1485
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103814
What I Drive: 2012 focus se red

FF Reputation: 1 Jen299 Good Standing Member
I have a focus 9000km on it and it's been in the shop for over 2 weeks they say still waiting on parts. It needs a new transmission and steering rack. Very crappy for a brand new car. Alot must have the same problem for the parts to be back order.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #1486
Jen299
Focus Rookie

They are very nice cars. Just wish fords would admit there's a problem for everyone.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #1487
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Drive it hard, and soft. Trust me, it worked on mine. I only feel a slight shudder now on take off, not even worth mentioning really. And the manual shift mode is a blast when you get around to playing with it. But most of all, if your not comfortable, keep hounding your dealer. They are aware some are not happy, and if they are reputable, they'll get 'er straight!
Just to reiterate what RFrench6646 said, your dealers are an excellent resource if you're exhibiting these symptoms. I'm also happy to step in and see how I can help.

-Crystal

Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #1488
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen299 View Post
I have a focus 9000km on it and it's been in the shop for over 2 weeks they say still waiting on parts. It needs a new transmission and steering rack. Very crappy for a brand new car. Alot must have the same problem for the parts to be back order.
Hi Jen299,

Reach out to the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673. They'll discuss what you've been experiencing and recommend next steps to get your concern resolved.

-Crystal

Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #1489
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Call call call I'm tired of calling.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #1490
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Feel lucky they are changing out the parts ...all I ever got was that is normal or we cannot duplicate the problem so cannot fix it so i no longer own a ford....B-lou
Same here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks