Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 148 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #1471
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've been driving my Focus for several days, several hundred miles. It was repaired after a front end collision ($7000 worth) and all I can say is it handles like a new car without a hint of a problem. I really thought that after all that damage I would end up with a headache ,but, it's not the case. Sort of indicates how well the car is constructed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #1472
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
FML, the customer care representative now is trying to tell me that the dealer claimed that the seat heater was reading 125F at the element via the temperature sensor and that everything was fine. When the dealer told me that it was only ever at 90-100F. And now they believe the issue to be resolved/ claim it wasn't broken in the first place despite never reaching more than 88 degrees this morning when it was 55-57F out. That's operating within tolerance allegedly. WTF??????????

The seat heater isn't working properly per the spec, the dealer even told me it was only at 90-100F instead of 125, but now they lied to the customer care representative or something and now they just listen to the dealer apparently. WTF
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #1473
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripp7310 View Post
The dealer heard the noise. They plugged the noise into the Ford portal. The Ford portal tells them the grinding noise is typical. The dealer can't fix anything Ford deems as typical. Ford won't authorize the dealer to invetigate further into a typical noise.
See the circle here.
FMC tried to pull that one on me too. The main problem with mine was that it had a vibration that was audible and could be felt at highway speeds. FMC told my dealer to tell me that the noise was normal and consistent with noise produced by the new DCT transmission and that it would take some getting used to. They passed along that official Ford form that says that and thought that would be the final word. Complete BS.

Thankfully, the service manager called shenanigans himself. He told FMC that this noise was not consistent with the transmission and that kept the ball rolling. Did a field service engineer inspect your vehicle? If so, did he state the noise was typical?

If you haven't dealt with an FSE yet, you need to keep pressing the issue with Ford Customer Service and possibly find another service dealer that will do what's right on your behalf. My service manager was on my side the whole time until I allowed a Final Repair Attempt under FL Lemon Law, and he had to do what Ford paid him to do ("officially" start ignoring the issue entirely, which inevitably led to me hiring a lawyer and having the car bought back).
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #1474
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I'll bring that up to our Ford Customer Service Representative. She will take your VIN, your dealer, and give them a call. A call from corporate makes dealers act right if they are not acting right. You can also try PMing "FordIVTteam" which are the people who can help you the best with My Ford Touch Problems.
Thanks for thinking of me, whynotthinkwhynot!

[QUOTE=B-lou;4353754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I'll bring that up to our Ford Customer Service Representative. She will take your VIN, your dealer, and give them a call. A call from corporate makes dealers act right if they are not acting right. You can also try PMing "FordIVTteam" which are the people who can help you the best with My Ford Touch Problems......
We did call customer who contacted our dealer and we took it in and they reprogrammed it.....voice command system still did not work but now is when we started getting the hood open alarm everytime we drove it so we took it back again, they reprogrammed it again and the voice command system still did not work, the hood open alarm still was there everytime we drove it and now we could not lock the car because the alarm would go off and getting sd card faults on the touch screen and the screen would just go blank ....so everytime we took it back to a dealer nothing got fixed and another problem arose ..all the while we still had the transmissions issues which were getting worse by the day but was told to just keep driving it cause the clutches needed to break in and it needed to learn her driving habits and after 10000 miles I think was enough time for everything to get broken in and learn.then right before the accident was when the power steering fault started appearing and the mpg meter started going nuts so after the accident wife would not drive it anymore....so we had customer service involved along with the dealer but not one thing ever got fixed.....so what would you have done different than I did.....I would really like to know???...B-lou
Hey, B-lou -

I'd like to look into the MyFord Touch issues you're having. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, and the name of the dealership you typically work with.

If anyone else is experiencing concerns with SYNC, navigation, or MyFord Touch, please do the same.

For all other inquires, contact my counterpart, Crystal: FordCustomerService

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #1475
nursing1991
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102827
What I Drive: 2012,Black, sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nursing1991 Good Standing Member
UPDATE: I took my car in 2 weeks ago and drove with matt who is the service manager and he heard the sounds i was talking about that the ford case workers want to call a ticking sound when its way more then that. He said it was not normal and said he would "wipe" the transmission and see if that help it. It didnt help! My case manager Jim called and told me to take it back last thursday so i did and they kept it and i got a call on friday telling me that my transmission would not go into gears 1 and 2 (that i do not understand) they said that when i would go slow in traffic or going from a traffic light otr stop sign thats why it would shake so bad because it was stuck in 3rd gear and would not go from 1 to 2 ect. They took the transmission out and are putting in a new one so this better work. Im glad my uncle was abe to help me get this far. I almost got a fusion the day i took it in to drive with matt got the price with tax down to 2k with my trade in and everything but i asked what transmission it had and they told me the one my car has i said well im not going to take the car. he asked me why and i said well thats why i wanted to get rid of this car because of all the issues. If people keep geting told wait it out and all that bull call and make a claim you can call the service number and get a case. i did and they are finally replacing the entire thing. It looks bad on them for making me drive with this problem for an entire year. Just wanted to let everyone know the news.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #1476
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92454
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3,2012 GT500 750HP

FF Reputation: 1 20Focus13 Good Standing Member
I don't think the 2012 or 2013 Fusion's will use the DCT but rather have a conventional hydraulic transmission. I have not looked at one if the 2013's are even at the dealers as of yet but here is an article.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...k/viewall.html
Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #1477
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Focus13 View Post
I don't think the 2012 or 2013 Fusion's will use the DCT but rather have a conventional hydraulic transmission. I have not looked at one if the 2013's are even at the dealers as of yet but here is an article.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...k/viewall.html
Yes, the transmission is a 6-speed automatic, 6-speed manual, or CVT (for hybrids only, I suspect).
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #1478
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Yes, the transmission is a 6-speed automatic, 6-speed manual, or CVT (for hybrids only, I suspect).
The E-CVT is not actually a CVT in the traditional sense of a belt or chain driven gearbox with pulleys or the toroidal rollers used by Nissan in their X-tronic CVT. The E-CVT is based on a regular automatic transmission's planetary gear set (using only one in this case) and blending in power from the two electric motors and the gas engine.

6F35, MMT6 (afaik), and HF35. Both the regular 6 speed planetary automatic transmission and the hybrid HF35 are built in Van Dyke assembly iirc.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #1479
thor177
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104144
What I Drive: 2012Candy Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 thor177 Good Standing Member
Automatic Transmission issues

Hi everyone,

I too, have bought several Fords over the years. I went to my local dealer yesterday and bought a New 2012 Ford Focus SE loaded. It was on sale for $16,999 with the 203A and sport package and had 365 miles on it. I have the Xplan so I asked the salesman to show me the invoice. He explained that the car had been brought from another dealer in Miami for a customer, but that customer changed his mind so they had to get rid of this car. I basically got $4000 worth of extras for free. I did take it for a test drive around the area 4-5 miles and did notice a hesitation in the transmission but didnt think much of it. I took the Focus out for a lengthy drive today and noticed the hesitation when stopped and starting up at red lights. I then went online and found all these people with the same issues. I have emailed my salesmen asking for help on this issue, but I haven't given up on the car yet. I will see if I get a response this week and if not I will take the car in for the service techs to check out. I hope this "too good to be true" deal wasn't the dealer making a sucker out of me because they knew about this issue. Any suggestions from you guys on the forum?
Old 09-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #1480
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor177 View Post
Hi everyone,

I too, have bought several Fords over the years. I went to my local dealer yesterday and bought a New 2012 Ford Focus SE loaded. It was on sale for $16,999 with the 203A and sport package and had 365 miles on it. I have the Xplan so I asked the salesman to show me the invoice. He explained that the car had been brought from another dealer in Miami for a customer, but that customer changed his mind so they had to get rid of this car. I basically got $4000 worth of extras for free. I did take it for a test drive around the area 4-5 miles and did notice a hesitation in the transmission but didnt think much of it. I took the Focus out for a lengthy drive today and noticed the hesitation when stopped and starting up at red lights. I then went online and found all these people with the same issues. I have emailed my salesmen asking for help on this issue, but I haven't given up on the car yet. I will see if I get a response this week and if not I will take the car in for the service techs to check out. I hope this "too good to be true" deal wasn't the dealer making a sucker out of me because they knew about this issue. Any suggestions from you guys on the forum?
Don't give up. Find out if the software has been updated and if so, ask to have it reflashed. It took about 2000 miles for my trans to smooth out and once it did it performs flawlessly.
I paid $20,000 for what you got back in February. I thought that was a great deal!

Bookmarks & Social Networks