Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 145 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #1441
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103814
What I Drive: 2012 focus se red

FF Reputation: 1 Jen299 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I 100% agree with you!!!! My very first brand new car purchase was awful I traded in my other car because I wanted safe and reliable(wish I didn't) and that's something I didn't get. Understand if I bought a used car all these problems. Will never ever be a repeat ford buyer.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #1442
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that I'm the new representative for Ford Customer Service on the board. Please keep in mind that I can lend a hand by escalating to the Customer Service Managers for your area. For those who haven't already, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage (estimates are ok) and your preferred servicing dealer.

For my friends in Canada, I recommend calling the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 800.565.3673 for further assistance.

Have a great weekend,
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #1443
Jen299
Focus Rookie

I know no one wants to ever threaten anything especially dealing with legal stuff. We just wanted fare and safe and if a ford machanic will not put his own family in it why would I... That goes for any of us I'm sure. Most of us don't have 25,000 in the bank so when I spend that much I expect the most out of my car and the ppl that make it
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #1444
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
B-lou, although you were ganged up on earlier, the moderators are trying their best. Let's just keep this thread productive

I feel that this thread is here for those who actively need help. I could write a book on how badly Ford handled my case and share it again and again here, but I already posted my horror story once in another thread. No need to keep bringing it up. Let's you and me help some people when they need it
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #1445
Jen299
Focus Rookie

And if not on here(I'm sure I will get booted off lol) but I will keep telling ppl all about my story over and over as word of mouth is the best way to get the message out there. Thanks for reading
Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #1446
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Ya we called thanks
Old 09-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #1447
mikebontoft
AKA "Toxx"

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
OK guys..... still completely off topic. Sonic I love the car but it's not the place to prove a point.

Lou, we appreciate the input. Sorry you had to go as far as lawyering up but that should not have to be the first solution for everyone.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 in progress) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-alt DD/ rally car) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod) | '75 BMW 2002 "unnamed" (donor race car) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Quote:
Getting groceries never sounded so good!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #1448
mikebontoft
AKA "Toxx"

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^ hopefully for most it won't have to come to that, but the option is there.... and yes you are correct.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 in progress) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-alt DD/ rally car) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod) | '75 BMW 2002 "unnamed" (donor race car) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Quote:
Getting groceries never sounded so good!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #1449
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Sorry B-lou, but, just to be straight here I have never encountered any problem whatsoever with Ford or associated service managers.
When I first purchased my Focus I had issues with the transmission. The problem was looked into and rectified to my satisfaction.
My dealer, All American Ford, is a highly respected organization.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #1450
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
While I don't discount the fact that there are some bad egg dealers/service departments, as my father had a horrible experience with one, does that mean we should "throw the baby out with the bath water"? NO. Take your business elsewhere. Never buy from that dealer and tell your friends not to as well. But don't blame bad service on the car. That's right along the same lines as the gun killed the dude, not the dirtbag holding it. Doesn't make any sense.

Do all cars have issues, YES. Anyone remember Toyota gas pedal/floor mats? Or dodge's reoccurring transmition issues? Or small interior pieces on chevy's just falling off? Or the right tail light on the Prius constantly going out? The list goes on and on.

While I am empathetic with the issues a fringe group of people are experiencing, and I dont doubt (most of) their legitimacy; does that mean ALL Fords are going to go to the crapper? NO.

You may notice, the people who are making the most noise(b-Lou and the like) have only posted a hand full of times, and have been members of this forum for a short time. While the people who are not having issues and love their Focus', people who you might consider "fanatics" have been on this forum for years and have hundreds even thousands of posts.

If you don't like your Ford, sell it, if you havnt already. And don't look back. Don't treat people like idiots who can't do their own research and figure out for themselves if they want to buy a focus.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Let's leave it at that.

Bookmarks & Social Networks