Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 143 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #1421
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I just got my Focus back from the auto body shop. I took it on a long test drive and I am happy to say that even after $7000 worth of front end collision damage the car performed as well as before the accident. The DCT was flawless, the steering excellent, and over all handling like it just came out of the showroom.
Seems I will suspend thoughts of getting rid of it lest some hidden problem shows up.
That's terrific news. Enjoy your ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #1422
Jen299
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103814
What I Drive: 2012 focus se red

FF Reputation: 1 Jen299 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My new focus now is getting a new transmission and steering rack not even 9000kmon it. Not happy with my first brand new car buy. Feel cheated out of a new car.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #1423
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen299 View Post
My new focus now is getting a new transmission and steering rack not even 9000kmon it. Not happy with my first brand new car buy. Feel cheated out of a new car.
Well, with that mileage your car is still covered under warranty and those repairs shouldn't be costing you a dime.

Perhaps you mean you've been cheated of your time involved with having the car repaired which I understand is frustrating. Hopefully when you get it back you'll be able to appreciate it more.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #1424
Jen299
Focus Rookie

2 major repairs and I'm just to sit back and oh well it didn't cost me a dime.... That's not the point! I really love the car but please those repairs should not happen on a brand new car.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #1425
Jen299
Focus Rookie

I'm just very upset and I'm sure others are having the same issues. It's a serious problem I'm a mom with 2 young kids that drive them around alot. What is something happened to the steering while we were driving. That's my concern!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #1426
Jen299
Focus Rookie

The car was unsafe to drive the mechanic said we could pick it up and drive it until the parts came in. We said will you put it in writing that the car is safe for me to drive my family around and he didn't reply, my husband asked would you put your family in a car that needs a new steering rack and no reply so they called and said they are keeping the car. I refuse to put my family at any risk
Old 09-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #1427
Atrytek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103817
What I Drive: 2012 Black ford focus se 6sp auto

FF Reputation: 1 Atrytek Good Standing Member
Shifting issues 6 speed automatic

I purchased a 2012 ford focus se 6 speed automatic on June 1. Within a few weeks the car was not shifting properly. It went in for the recall and was still not better. It has been in two more times to the dealer and still not shifting properly. It is horrible at lights when you are stopped and hit the gas to go. It is constant jerking. In addition to that sometimes when you go to accelerate it sticks and I worry for my safety if I am pulling out to make a turn. I have talked directly to ford motor company as well as my dealer and both tell me that there is nothing wrong with the car and that this is the way it is suppose to drive. I have 10,000 miles on it and I do a lot of stop and go driving and I can tell those of you who are wondering if it will get better after it "learns your driving patterns or gets broken in that it doesn't. I took the car out of state recently to Georgia as I live in Florida and it was 100 times worse. At one point I was on a hill abd I thought the car was gonna stall out. I am very disappointed in Ford's response to this. How it's not a problem is beyond me when there has been a recall and their customer relations center is taking feedback since so many people have been complaining. I will not buy a ford ever again and I will be sure to let people know how poorly this situation has been dealt with by them!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #1428
Jen299
Focus Rookie

In Canada we have no lemon law but in united states we are told there is a lemon law. But I would never give up keep taking it back every week until something is done. Again I will never ever put my or my families safety on the line and neither should fords.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #1429
Jen299
Focus Rookie

I took the car in at 1000km then again at 9000 the mechanic said there is something very wrong but at the same time said you can drive it till we get parts(no way) 26,000 dollars for a car that is unsafe no way am I driving it. So 2 times and wanting a letter to take to my laywer telling me it was safe to drive which they would not give me because if something happened they could be sued!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #1430
Jen299
Focus Rookie

They did call us said they would give us a rental car saying we will do it for the inconvenience but that's already in the contract lol so still paying my payments on a new refurbished car lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->