Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 141 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #1401
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Hero View Post
I really don't know why people come here to complain about the people who complain. The thread is called "Issues with new 2012 ford focus", this is the place to complain and share concerns about the car.

I don't own a focus, but I like the looks of it a lot, I want to get one, but first I want to know more about the car, so for me, people like B-lou is very helpful.

If I wanted to read good stuff about the car I would go to any other thread like the 100% ooh hoo or something, which I do too by the way.
Bravo!!!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #1402
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Hero View Post
I really don't know why people come here to complain about the people who complain. The thread is called "Issues with new 2012 ford focus", this is the place to complain and share concerns about the car.

I don't own a focus, but I like the looks of it a lot, I want to get one, but first I want to know more about the car, so for me, people like B-lou is very helpful.

If I wanted to read good stuff about the car I would go to any other thread like the 100% ooh hoo or something, which I do too by the way.
+2, coming from somebody who had their 2012 Focus bought back by Ford.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #1403
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,893, Level 39
Points: 3,893, Level: 39 Points: 3,893, Level: 39 Points: 3,893, Level: 39
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Now now, I understand that the DCT has had some issues, but declaring that the car will get you killed is a farce, B-lou. To date, no one has died and by the description in your post, it seems you weren't in any mortal danger when you were in your low-speed accident caused by the driver behind you.

I don't always argue on the internet, but when I do its because someone said something so completely off-base that I couldn't leave it alone.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #1404
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,893, Level 39
Points: 3,893, Level: 39 Points: 3,893, Level: 39 Points: 3,893, Level: 39
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
So if your new car dies in an intersection and you get rear ended by a distracted driver, are you going to blame that car, too?
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #1405
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

Points 124,710, Level 100
Points: 124,710, Level: 100 Points: 124,710, Level: 100 Points: 124,710, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
It would be nice if ford or a ford finatic would admit that ford is selling cars with known major issues and some of them being safety issues....but I guess it is just more profitable for ford to pay for the lawsuits then a major recall because as of now ford customer service has admitted to nothing even though there has been over 2 thousand complaints on this site alone.....B-lou
Let's see, where to start. I am a Focus Fanatic (notice the spelling), I own a Mk3 2012 Focus and I'll admit there are a few flaws in the car. With that being said...

1. No one forced you to buy the first year of a newly redesigned car.
2. Other parts of the world have the same DCT but doing some research they're not bitching about it like us Americans are.
3. None of the known issues have directly caused any accidents/deaths therefore no recall has been issued.
4. Yes, I'm gonna say it... Why didn't you just buy a manual? Have you ever had a manual transmission equipped vehicle?
5. If Ford won't fix certain things then do your due dillegence: get rid of the car if you can't deal with the problems and GTFO or find a fix.

I feel for those with problems, but for every problemed car there are just as many cars with few or no issues. But, this is not a Ford run site and people are killing FF with this shit.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #1406
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
I read all of these posts about serious problems with the Focus. problems I can not connect with. before my front end collision my Focus was a pleasure to drive. Never a problem. I pick it up in the morning. Hopefully it still behaves the same.
If not, it's history, regardless of the monetary loss.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #1407
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,762, Level 95
Points: 24,762, Level: 95 Points: 24,762, Level: 95 Points: 24,762, Level: 95
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Here goes the rest of the story since you think this is some sort of joke....wife and I are stopped at a red light 4 lane highway...light turns green and we go but car goes until it shifts to second then does its shuddering, shaking and no power routine then we get rearended pushing us into oncoming traffic causing a slow speed head on collision (4300.00 damage)....it was just lucky oncoming traffic was stopped at same red light because if the oncoming traffic was at speed we would probably be dead which is why wife refused to drive car anymore and we traded it.....person that rearended us was put to blame for accident but it was our cars fault that really caused it so you just continue to enjoy your focus right up to the point you are dead....nuff said....B-lou
So your light turns green...you get rear-ended into a head-on collision...all at speeds under 2nd gear...

How is this not driver error

Nothing you have described in the accident is a fault of the car. If you would have been in a manual and missed a shift, the exact same scenario would have played out. Your car did not cause the accident, and trying to blame the car is retarded. If you got hit from behind, it's his fault. If you get pushed into oncoming traffic, it's your fault for not controlling the wheel and crossing lanes.

And the fact that you would have been dead if the oncoming traffic was at speed? Wouldn't you also have been at speed, because your light wouldn't have been red? Your story has more holes than Swiss cheese. Or any other cheese that has holes.

I give you this
2014 FiST-
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #1408
MotorcityJAX
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14

Fan#: 90253
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, 5 Door SEL

FF Reputation: 6 MotorcityJAX Good Standing Member
I honestly think that this rant, yes I am calling it a rant is ridiculous, I have never had a "shudder" from the DCT that would cause the driver behind me to inadvertently think I was moving and cause him to rear end me, honestly this comment doesn't even make sense, if the car behind you rear ended you, it's because his dumb ass was following to closely and probably texting or talking on his phone, the second point to this is that you were " pushed" into oncoming traffic so you say, my question is did your steering wheel stop working? That sounds like driver error more than anything. None of your issues from this accident appear to be vehicle related because you sure as hell can't blame the "shudder" for some guy rear ending you
Hatch Nation #169
Sonic Crew #14 Metal Tails
Rally Rev #16
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #1409
MotorcityJAX
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14

Fan#: 90253
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, 5 Door SEL

FF Reputation: 6 MotorcityJAX Good Standing Member
Quote:
I call the problem a shudder because I do not know what else to call it so let me explain.....it is a 6sp automatic and when taking off from a stop it goes with a small shudder in first then when shifting to 2nd it is like it shifts to 6th and just shakes but will not go until I let off the pedal until it stops shaking then it will go......and since you ford finatic idiots think this is a rant what about the power steering fault where right in the middle of a turn the power steering quits working but I do get a steering fault message service required message.....hell that is not a safety issue any 110lb women should be able to handle that...that is just the 2 safety issues I have encountered the other 8 issues are just a minor inconvienence that any new car should have (sar).....ford should be embarrassed to sell a car with this many issues and you people standing up for ford are like a herd of sheep being led to the slaughterhouse......B-lou
I drive the same car as you, I have as well as many other FANATICS have expirienced the shutter on the DCT, but this isn't some kind of moon landing conspiracy ford is covering up, there is an update for it at the dealership to take care of any backwards roll, shuttering, and stiff shifting that may happen. None of this is serious enough to cause some kind of catastrophic accident. If you were having power steering issues and the light was on, you shouldn't have been driving the car anyway, that is just reckless on your behalf. For you to come on here and start calling us "followers" and "idiots" is just plain ignorant. In my opinion if you were having all of these issues and all the sensor lights being lit like a damn Christmas tree I would have had the dealership tow it to their facility and left it until it was safe, you or your "110 lb wife" getting behind the wheel of a vehicle you thought was unsafe is just dumb on your part. This is FOCUS FANATICS not a website run by Ford, if you want to bitch and complain about it take it to Ford themselves, don't turn it into a 100+ page hate manifesto toward us "Fanatics" because honestly most of us will tell you exactly what I just said in the above comments, your complaining to the wrong people and embarrassing yourself
Hatch Nation #169
Sonic Crew #14 Metal Tails
Rally Rev #16
Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #1410
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

Points 4,032, Level 40
Points: 4,032, Level: 40 Points: 4,032, Level: 40 Points: 4,032, Level: 40
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 11 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
This is a site for maintenance,issues ,trouble , and recalls not a site for yoo hoo for ford.....so I can bitch and complain all I want
Ah no it isn't man it's a fanatic website - call it a fan site if you will - how would you like it if people posted on your Beiber forum and complained about his "music"?
Look if you have issues with Ford take it up with Ford they aren't running this site.

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.