Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 134 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #1331
nursing1991
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102827
What I Drive: 2012,Black, sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nursing1991 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
call 1-800-392-3673
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #1332
nursing1991
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102827
What I Drive: 2012,Black, sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nursing1991 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84DZ View Post
After all this have you not driven the vehicle with a technician where the problem occurs? The reason I ask is not to patronize, but I'm a very experienced technician, a former Ford motor engineer (the type FCSD is sending out to look at your car) and I'm also an automotive instructor...therefore I'm pretty familiar with the repair process. It's pretty understandable that issues can be intermittent and there is a possibility that upon previous service visits the techs haven't been able to verify your concerns - and therefore won't make any "shotgun" attempts to repair it. It's quite common for customers and/or service personnel to recommend a test drive with a tech present...
I tried to drive with the tech twice but they service manager told me that the tech was not there that drove the car around and i said then i want to drive it with you and he said he didnt have time thats when i got ahold of my uncle and got all of this going.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #1333
evoloch
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103312
What I Drive: 2011/12 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 evoloch Good Standing Member
Multiple problems with Ford Focus

Since I bought my brand new Ford Focus, I had problems with the transmission that just keep getting worse. It basically shutters when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I have now 12000, repaired the transmission at the dealer 6 times, and the problem persists. Also had problem while driving at highway speeds, the car would not stay straight ahead, instead, would go either left or right. I'm taking it back to the dealer and request replacement or refund based on the Lemon Law.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #1334
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
to enforce a lemon law you need to go to court. 99% of the time
and a lawyer... most of the time.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #1335
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/GA_law.html
Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #1336
jeffreyldavidson
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94151
What I Drive: 2012, White, Focus

FF Reputation: 1 jeffreyldavidson Good Standing Member
I just got my Focus back from the dealer again. This time they replace the transmission control module. Cost them over $1,000 and it did not fix the problem. I have talked with a regional manager and will take it back in a week. This will be my last time before I file a claim with the state of Texas. While the car is still under warrenty the problem is one day when I go to sell it no one will buy it with the transmission the way it is so there is no resale value.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #1337
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Check my other posts under the warble/hum/drone and power steering failure threads and you'll get a small idea of the hell that Ford put me through since Feb 2012.

I went the Lemon Law route hear in FL myself. It sucked to say the least. I gave Ford a final repair attempt and POOF, customer service disappeared. They no longer acknowledged the problem and sent me on my merry way. Moral of that story? HAVE ALL OF YOUR PAPERWORK READY TO GO BEFORE YOU EVEN HINT LEMON LAW ACTION. Every friendly Ford employee is now a clam who buttons up when prompted. Anyway, I asked Ford Motor (through their legal people) for a replacement car. After 12 business days (should have been 10) they informed me that as the car has been conformed to warranty they will not provide refund or replacement. Then I filed for an arbitration with the BBB Autoline, the manufacturer sponsored program that FL requires you go to first before filing with the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board.

BBB Autoline is a joke. You show up and present your case to an aribtrator that is paid to be there with Ford funds (manufacturer sponsored!). My arbitrator carried an air of indifference and didn't even have the arbitration agreement with her. She had to borrow mine! MINE! The Ford legal analyst that represented Ford over the phone was a snob, and said that I was trying to convince myself that something was wrong with the car as I was providing inspection reports from other mechanics as proof of the issue. When we went out for the test drive to demonstrate the vibration issue I was having, the BBB representative wouldn't shut up during the ride, not to mention about 3 inches of rain came down during the drive. A week after the arbitration hearing, the arbitrator denied my request for a replacement vehicle as she didn't hear or feel the vibration. She was kind enough however to note it was raining at the time. Get this though: the main reason I was denied was because my independent inspection stated the vibration may be due to poor alignment prematurely wearing out my tires. She said that as Ford replaced my rear tires and they are under a 12k warranty, the car is conformed to warranty. We are past that stupid!!! They are no longer fixing my car, they were given a final repair attempt, etc etc. It is past that and is now a Lemon issue! If it is an alignment issue, Ford didn't do anything about that and the new set of tires is going to be shot too

Then I filed for arbitration with the FNMVAB and demanded a refund rather than replacement. When that legal analyst claimed it was all in my head, that pushed me over the edge and I never wanted to deal with Ford again, ever. Then I hired an attorney. It wasn't cheap, but you know what? Ford settled with me after the pre-hearing inspection. Now that I had a lawyer representing me, Ford hired a lawyer who subpeonaed the service manager and Field Service Engineer. Viola! The FSE hears and feels the vibration again at the inspection (likely because he doesn't want to have to spend a day in Lemon Law arbitration testifying as an expert witness and having to lie on Ford's behalf). 2 days later I get a settlement offer. 4 weeks later I don't have a car anymore.

Ford failed me big time. I would have gladly taken a replacement Focus, but because I didn't pony up for a lawyer earlier thinking that I would cave, they pushed me away so hard I never want a Ford vehicle again. They made me feel like I was stupid and crazy for the issues present with my car, but in the end they bought it back. Good riddance FMC!

If you're going to threaten legal action to enforce your rights, you'll quickly see that Ford is not your friend as they view you as their enemy. Bring out the big guns, because they will always meet you in kind.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #1338
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
I didn't think I would be back, but, this is an important development.
last week a young girl cut across my car and I collided head on into the side of her car.
My estimated speed was around 35 MPH.
My seat belt did not hold me back and there was no deployment of the airbags.
Thankfully I was not injured. When and if my Focus ever gets out of the body shop I will be heading to my dealer for an explanation.
I wonder if anyone here has experienced a similar situation.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #1339
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

the airbags will not deploy unless its life or death.. they do not pop out unless the impact is WAY worse, earlier airbags deplayed to easy.. they have it so that G forces need to be high enough to warrent it. 35mph is not it, more like 55 would have deployed them..

And not only that.. direction of impact will be a big factor.

Most frontal air bags from the 1990s were designed to deploy in crashes above a threshold level of 14 mph into a solid concrete barrier. At the same time, most air bag systems were also designed to never deploy in crashes below 8 mph into a solid concrete barrier. Between these two speeds, the air bags may or may not deploy, depending on the specifics of the accident and vehicle.

Also take into account the deceleration meters may have warrented it not needed to,,, I mean think of it, she is ok right?

The car airbags would have hurt something bad with burn marks from the rub of the airbags... IMO they worked perfectly if everyone spent no more then a few hours to get checked out in hospital.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #1340
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Here is what I found, Obviously we do not have Mechanical Pre Tensioner

"Electronic/Pyrotechnic Pre Tensioner
This pre tensioner operates with an ECU and a gas generator system in a similar way to the airbag. In fact the electronic pre tensioner usually works together with the airbag and may even use the same ECU as the airbag and that increases its effectiveness.
An explosive charge is used and causes the gas generator to produce a volume of gas. This volume of gas produces a pressure which acts on a mechanical linkage to pull the seat belt. This pre tensioner is usually located in the B-pillar.

Both pre tensioners are designed to slacken off slightly around the same time the airbag deploys, this can be around 30 milliseconds after the collision. This slight lapse allows the passenger to have a controlled contact with the airbag.
Both pre tensioners are intended to be used once. Once a pre tensioner has been deployed the entire mechanism including the seat belts should be replaced. The seat belt pre tensioner can be found on the front and rear seats to provide all round safety and protection. "

So either the force was not enough for the ECU to say deploy, or it worked and released very fast..

This system is not perfect but is fairly strong. It takes allot to deploy the system because of complaints that they went off to soon, or to easy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks