Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 125 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #1241
twelfare
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102058
What I Drive: 2012 Red Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 twelfare Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi guys, just wanted to add myself to this growing list of transmission complaints..
Picked up my 2012 Focus SE sedan last Friday, dropped it off at the dealership on Sunday because of the grinding noises. Was told there was a recall for my complaints that involved a reprogram of the computer. Got the car back later in the day on Monday and no change at all. Dealer told me to wait 150km before I take it back in but I guess that will do me no good?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #1242
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
Thomas. Thanks for posting here that there are "issues". I feel the frustration of all those who are having "issues", but are being told the conditions are "normal". If I would have heard one straight answer from Ford, I would still own my Focus.
No problem; I'll keep this forum posted if there are any updates. I'm hoping we'll get to see you in a Ford again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelfare View Post
Hi guys, just wanted to add myself to this growing list of transmission complaints...Picked up my 2012 Focus SE sedan last Friday, dropped it off at the dealership on Sunday because of the grinding noises. Was told there was a recall for my complaints that involved a reprogram of the computer. Got the car back later in the day on Monday and no change at all. Dealer told me to wait 150km before I take it back in but I guess that will do me no good?!
Congrats on your Focus purchase! Please grab and show off this badge: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/. The service that was performed by your dealer is the 12B37 Customer Satisfaction Program. Please allow your transmission to break-in at this point. If you need any further assistance, please call our Canadian Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #1243
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
OK, Haven't checked in in a while, but have been reading the furthering threads of the DCT issues, as I am really trying to learn and understand this technology. I am now at 5700+ miles on my May build 2012 hatch. With no adjusting done to date, I can now say mine has completely smoothed out. I have ZERO shuddering on a red light roll-off. The shifts are about 95% perfect. I say 95% because every now and again, in traffic, if I am starting off from a red light, and it's shifting up from 1-2, 2-3 etc. If somebody in front of me slows up, and I have to also, it does seem to "confuse" the logic. Sometimes downshifting, sometimes not, causing the engine to "lug" a little. I simply slap it in to "s" and pick the gear myself (I have a brain too!). Other than this, I absolutely love this car! I pray that those of you still frustrated by the quirks, rattles, etc. Can get Ford to resolve your issues. The thing does work, they just need to find out why some don't, AND SOON!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #1244
mcdifficult
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102284
What I Drive: 2012, midnight blue, se

FF Reputation: 1 mcdifficult Good Standing Member
I'm new here and have a question

I bought my 2012 Focus SE on August 23, 2011. It's been running well for the most part. However, just recently it began to make a clicking noise when I would turn my steering wheel all the way to the left or right. I spoke to the dealership and to Ford and they felt it needed a new rack in the vehicle. They had my car for a week. Ford has been great. They gave me a rental for the time and also gave me a extended warranty. Now the problem. I get the car back last Wednesday morning. Come Friday of that same week I hear that exact same sound once again. I took the vehicle back to the dealership and both the service rep and tech hear this noise and also a grinding noise. Their exact words "we have no idea what it could be, so we want to keep your vehicle and tear the frontend apart and see what we find." I think I have lost all my faith in Ford and would just be better off to trade it in for a Chevy or Honda. Have any of you had anything like this happen? I'm greatful for what Ford has done. I traded my 2007 Sebring cause it was always going in the garage for repairs. I thought buying a new car I wouldn't have this issue like I'm having now...
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #1245
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
OK, Haven't checked in in a while, but have been reading the furthering threads of the DCT issues, as I am really trying to learn and understand this technology. I am now at 5700+ miles on my May build 2012 hatch. With no adjusting done to date, I can now say mine has completely smoothed out. I have ZERO shuddering on a red light roll-off. The shifts are about 95% perfect. I say 95% because every now and again, in traffic, if I am starting off from a red light, and it's shifting up from 1-2, 2-3 etc. If somebody in front of me slows up, and I have to also, it does seem to "confuse" the logic. Sometimes downshifting, sometimes not, causing the engine to "lug" a little. I simply slap it in to "s" and pick the gear myself (I have a brain too!). Other than this, I absolutely love this car! I pray that those of you still frustrated by the quirks, rattles, etc. Can get Ford to resolve your issues. The thing does work, they just need to find out why some don't, AND SOON!!!
I also was patient and after 3000 miles or so all the nuances associated with this trans simply disappeared.
It's been quiet here. Perhaps many others have finally found their trans purring like a kitten.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1246
Becks
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100180
What I Drive: 2008 Toyota

FF Reputation: 1 Becks Good Standing Member
My 2nd post in these forums. I do not own a Focus. I was seriously considering getting one though. I have read every post in this thread including those from the Ford Cust., Care.

At the end of the day, I can not in all good conscience pluck down $25,000+ for this vehicle, and hope mine doesn't have the problems so many have discussed in here. I do not accept that I should wait 2k, 3k, 5k miles for a transmission to "settle in". Ford can elevate peoples complaints, and concerns all they want. At the end of the day it means nothing without a fix. I truly feel for those that have the issues described in here, and I think (based on what I have read here) that Ford either built a defective product, or they refuse to recall it based on the loss of monies associated with a true remedy.

No one should need to be "patient" for 3,000 miles or so to have their new vehicle perform as intended. That is unacceptable in my mind. Who in their right mind wants to purchase this vehicle based on a crap shoot with the "Hope" that theirs is fine ? Not me. It is unfortunate for me because I like the car. Just not enough to play the "what if Game".
Ford may have built the Focus with these transmission "problems" with the idea that if it is built with these transmissions then the "quirks" are inherent. That is not acceptable. The Focus is a mainstream car. Built for the masses who expect to get in, turn the key and go. This is not a high end sports car that needs to be driven in a particular way to function. It is a daily commuter.

My hopes are know pinned on the reviews of the new VW GTI Mark 7 due out next Spring. Who knows, maybe Ford will get the Focus fixed by then, and it will be back on my short list. In the mean time I will continue to read this thread, hope Ford steps up to the plate for those with issues, and remain hopeful that it can be an option for me down the road.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #1247
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
I was driving on the hwy and there was a hill...nothing major just and average hill and my focus literally almost stopped. I was like wtf go and it was barely moving. It has always had some hesitation trying to go uphill but this was terrible.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #1248
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
My 2nd post in these forums. I do not own a Focus. I was seriously considering getting one though. I have read every post in this thread including those from the Ford Cust., Care.

At the end of the day, I can not in all good conscience pluck down $25,000+ for this vehicle, and hope mine doesn't have the problems so many have discussed in here. I do not accept that I should wait 2k, 3k, 5k miles for a transmission to "settle in". Ford can elevate peoples complaints, and concerns all they want. At the end of the day it means nothing without a fix. I truly feel for those that have the issues described in here, and I think (based on what I have read here) that Ford either built a defective product, or they refuse to recall it based on the loss of monies associated with a true remedy.

No one should need to be "patient" for 3,000 miles or so to have their new vehicle perform as intended. That is unacceptable in my mind. Who in their right mind wants to purchase this vehicle based on a crap shoot with the "Hope" that theirs is fine ? Not me. It is unfortunate for me because I like the car. Just not enough to play the "what if Game".
Ford may have built the Focus with these transmission "problems" with the idea that if it is built with these transmissions then the "quirks" are inherent. That is not acceptable. The Focus is a mainstream car. Built for the masses who expect to get in, turn the key and go. This is not a high end sports car that needs to be driven in a particular way to function. It is a daily commuter.

My hopes are know pinned on the reviews of the new VW GTI Mark 7 due out next Spring. Who knows, maybe Ford will get the Focus fixed by then, and it will be back on my short list. In the mean time I will continue to read this thread, hope Ford steps up to the plate for those with issues, and remain hopeful that it can be an option for me down the road.
being a Focus owner, which you are not, I can only say the Focus is like a fine wine that gets better with age. The early nuances though noticeable are really minor.
It's too bad if you are judging your opinions on what you read here. As a matter of fact I suggest you stay away from any Ford ownership. With your biased view you would only nit pick the car to death.
I have owned at least five Acuras and only switched when they no longer offered a hatchback. My New Focus puts any of those Acuras to shame.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #1249
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
...I am now at 5700+ miles on my May build 2012 hatch. With no adjusting done to date, I can now say mine has completely smoothed out. I have ZERO shuddering on a red light roll-off. The shifts are about 95% perfect. I say 95% because every now and again, in traffic, if I am starting off from a red light, and it's shifting up from 1-2, 2-3 etc. If somebody in front of me slows up, and I have to also, it does seem to "confuse" the logic...I absolutely love this car!...
I picture you rolling down the road with some shades on! Congrats on your "smooth like butter" ride! Now, use this link to save on routine maintenance: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdifficult View Post
I bought my 2012 Focus SE on August 23, 2011. It's been running well for the most part. However, just recently it began to make a clicking noise when I would turn my steering wheel all the way to the left or right. I spoke to the dealership and to Ford and they felt it needed a new rack in the vehicle. They had my car for a week. Ford has been great. They gave me a rental for the time and also gave me a extended warranty. Now the problem. I get the car back last Wednesday morning. Come Friday of that same week I hear that exact same sound once again. I took the vehicle back to the dealership and both the service rep and tech hear this noise and also a grinding noise. Their exact words "we have no idea what it could be, so we want to keep your vehicle and tear the frontend apart and see what we find." I think I have lost all my faith in Ford and would just be better off to trade it in for a Chevy or Honda...
Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number and dealer info; I'll send these details to your Customer Service Manager. Let's try and restore your faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I also was patient and after 3000 miles or so all the nuances associated with this trans simply disappeared. It's been quiet here. Perhaps many others have finally found their trans purring like a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
...the Focus is like a fine wine that gets better with age. The early nuances though noticeable are really minor. It's too bad if you are judging your opinions on what you read here...I have owned at least five Acuras and only switched when they no longer offered a hatchback. My New Focus puts any of those Acuras to shame.
For the sake of all owners, I hope this is the case. Thanks for standing by us! These kind words are in ink and will be valued for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
I was driving on the hwy and there was a hill...nothing major just and average hill and my focus literally almost stopped. I was like wtf go and it was barely moving. It has always had some hesitation trying to go uphill but this was terrible.
Have you had it checked out by your dealer? I'll send this to your Customer Service Manager for review; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #1250
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

Have you had it checked out by your dealer? I'll send this to your Customer Service Manager for review; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Thomas
I will when my part for something else comes in.

Bookmarks & Social Networks