Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 124 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #1231
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast
 
ElGatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99202
Location: Paterson, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

Posts: 145
FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There's not going to be a Focus recall because there are some of you can not deal with a DCT. Given a chance it is a superb fuel saving device. I drove mine for a little over 3000 miles before it settled out. I was aware of what I was buying so gave it a chance.
There are a few here with serious problems, but, every car has a few serious problems.
As I said before. Ford has a serious PR problem with the Focus DCT. They keep calling it an automatic transmission and people expect it to function like one.
ElGatto is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #1232
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
JimsFocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99994
Location: Plainfield, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Posts: 70
Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
There's not going to be a Focus recall because there are some of you can not deal with a DCT. Given a chance it is a superb fuel saving device. I drove mine for a little over 3000 miles before it settled out. I was aware of what I was buying so gave it a chance.
There are a few here with serious problems, but, every car has a few serious problems.
As I said before. Ford has a serious PR problem with the Focus DCT. They keep calling it an automatic transmission and people expect it to function like one.
Sorry , but I must return for a few more posts.

I should not have had to "deal with" the DCT. Two Ford service managers told me I had a problem with my DCT. Grinding is not normal! It has nothing to do with me learning to drive a DCT, nothing to do with the DCT learning my habits, it has nothing to do with me learning to deal with it, it is a PROBLEM! Service managers are trying to handle what they no is a problem that Ford won't admit is a problem. Read this thread and search for other Ford related forums and tell me many people are not having a problem with this transmission. It is Not their imagination.

If this grinding noise was normal, i would have heard it from day one. It took 1500 miles before i heard it.

If this grinding noise is normal, I'd hear it all the time, not just after 20 to 25 minutes of driving.

If this grinding noise is normal, why doesn't every Focus have it?

If this grinding noise is normal, why is Ford changing solenoids, clutches, and at times entire transmissions to try and stop the grinding?

Face it ElGatto, there are bad DCTs. No one should have to deal with it, learn how to get the hang of it, or roll up their windows and turn the radio on so they don't hear the problem. I've dealt with service guys, service managers, a regional manager and people at corporate Ford offices and no one has said there is a fix for the grinding DCT. Only those who never heard my car said it was
"normal". I'm not talking about the "shudder'at start up, or the different "Feel" of this trans, but the grinding when shifting, and the hesitation when grinding. Don't tell people they need to deal with. It's a problem!

I would also like to know where you get your facts that all new cars have serious problems. I've been buying new cars , and some 1st year cars, for 30 years and never had a serious problem, until my Focus. If I had a problem, it was fixed in one day. Now that is customer service. Why is it that in 2 month Ford corporate could not even admit there was a problem with my Focus? That's not customer service.

Don't belittle people who are not as happy with their focus as you are. Apparently you have not experienced the problems others have had, and the lack of customer service and excuse received from Ford. Do you work for Ford?

Sorry for the rant, but I hate to see people who are frustrated with their cars and the lack of help from Ford being ridiculed by someone who hasn't experienced the problems. I've been there, I know what it feels like.
JimsFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #1233
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast
 
ElGatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99202
Location: Paterson, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

Posts: 145
FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
Sorry , but I must return for a few more posts.

I should not have had to "deal with" the DCT. Two Ford service managers told me I had a problem with my DCT. Grinding is not normal! It has nothing to do with me learning to drive a DCT, nothing to do with the DCT learning my habits, it has nothing to do with me learning to deal with it, it is a PROBLEM! Service managers are trying to handle what they no is a problem that Ford won't admit is a problem. Read this thread and search for other Ford related forums and tell me many people are not having a problem with this transmission. It is Not their imagination.

If this grinding noise was normal, i would have heard it from day one. It took 1500 miles before i heard it.

If this grinding noise is normal, I'd hear it all the time, not just after 20 to 25 minutes of driving.

If this grinding noise is normal, why doesn't every Focus have it?

If this grinding noise is normal, why is Ford changing solenoids, clutches, and at times entire transmissions to try and stop the grinding?

Face it ElGatto, there are bad DCTs. No one should have to deal with it, learn how to get the hang of it, or roll up their windows and turn the radio on so they don't hear the problem. I've dealt with service guys, service managers, a regional manager and people at corporate Ford offices and no one has said there is a fix for the grinding DCT. Only those who never heard my car said it was
"normal". I'm not talking about the "shudder'at start up, or the different "Feel" of this trans, but the grinding when shifting, and the hesitation when grinding. Don't tell people they need to deal with. It's a problem!

I would also like to know where you get your facts that all new cars have serious problems. I've been buying new cars , and some 1st year cars, for 30 years and never had a serious problem, until my Focus. If I had a problem, it was fixed in one day. Now that is customer service. Why is it that in 2 month Ford corporate could not even admit there was a problem with my Focus? That's not customer service.

Don't belittle people who are not as happy with their focus as you are. Apparently you have not experienced the problems others have had, and the lack of customer service and excuse received from Ford. Do you work for Ford?

Sorry for the rant, but I hate to see people who are frustrated with their cars and the lack of help from Ford being ridiculed by someone who hasn't experienced the problems. I've been there, I know what it feels like.
I don't know what you're smoking, but, I don't recall singling you out.
ElGatto is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #1234
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
JimsFocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99994
Location: Plainfield, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Posts: 70
Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I don't know what you're smoking, but, I don't recall singling you out.
I didn't say you singled me out. I think you've insulted everyone who has had a problem with the DCT. People are having problems, admit it. Don't say it's their fault because they can't get the hang of the DCT.
JimsFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #1235
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast
 
ElGatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99202
Location: Paterson, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

Posts: 145
FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
I didn't say you singled me out. I think you've insulted everyone who has had a problem with the DCT.
http://wardsauto.com/news-amp-analys...ift-problems-0
ElGatto is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #1236
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
JimsFocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99994
Location: Plainfield, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Posts: 70
Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Did you notice that article said nothing about grinding transmissions? Did you notice it said nothing about fixing the problem? Talk is cheap, and no results for those needing it.

Should Ford have included a day at driving school with every Fiesta and Focus purchase?

Again, no talk of a fix.
JimsFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #1237
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast
 
ElGatto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99202
Location: Paterson, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

Posts: 145
FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
Did you notice that article said nothing about grinding transmissions? Did you notice it said nothing about fixing the problem? Talk is cheap, and no results for those needing it.

Should Ford have included a day at driving school with every Fiesta and Focus purchase?

Again, no talk of a fix.
This forum was setup to help people not read your non-ending gripes.
When you traded in your Focus did you explain your problems to the dealer?
You left this forum in your Cruze.
Let it go
ElGatto is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #1238
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
JimsFocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99994
Location: Plainfield, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Posts: 70
Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
This forum was setup to help people not read your non-ending gripes.
When you traded in your Focus did you explain your problems to the dealer?
You left this forum in your Cruze.
Let it go


I didn't have to explain the trans problem to the Chevy dealer, they were already aware of it. They have had a lot of Focus trade-ins.

I'll let it go. Just remember not everyone is as lucky as you. If you haven't been in other's situations, how can you tell them it's their fault?

Done.
JimsFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #1239
FordService
Official Ford Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79824
Location: Dearborn, MI
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Posts: 4,292
Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
You will need that warranty. My Ex-wife owned two of them, and after the first year, they all start going south. Spent an average of a month out of every 12 in the shop...

...once ford works it out, it will probably be a great car...
We'll see how it handles; I wish her nothing but the best! We're currently looking into all customer and dealer feedback on the Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
...Given a chance it is a superb fuel saving device. I drove mine for a little over 3000 miles before it settled out. I was aware of what I was buying so gave it a chance. There are a few here with serious problems, but, every car has a few serious problems.
As I said before. Ford has a serious PR problem with the Focus DCT. They keep calling it an automatic transmission and people expect it to function like one.
There are many benefits to the new PowerShift transmission, such as fuel efficiency, performance, and long life. Like you've mentioned, it does require a break-in period. We're analyzing all issues and take them very seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
...No one should have to deal with it...or roll up their windows and turn the radio on so they don't hear the problem...Only those who never heard my car said it was "normal". I'm not talking about the "shudder'at start up, or the different "Feel" of this trans, but the grinding when shifting, and the hesitation when grinding...

...I've been buying new cars , and some 1st year cars, for 30 years and never had a serious problem, until my Focus. If I had a problem, it was fixed in one day. Now that is customer service...

Sorry for the rant, but I hate to see people who are frustrated with their cars and the lack of help from Ford being ridiculed by someone who hasn't experienced the problems...
I understand where you're coming from. We're looking into the functionality of the 12B37 program and are hoping to address the transmission issues soon. We expect every vehicle to be exactly what our customers are looking for.

For all, please feel free to submit your feedback about the transmission (including publicity) here: http://social.ford.com/.

- Thomas
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
FordService is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #1240
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
JimsFocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 99994
Location: Plainfield, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

Posts: 70
Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

I understand where you're coming from. We're looking into the functionality of the 12B37 program and are hoping to address the transmission issues soon. We expect every vehicle to be exactly what our customers are looking for.

- Thomas
Thomas. Thanks for posting here that there are "issues". I feel the frustration of all those who are having "issues", but are being told the conditions are "normal". If I would have heard one straight answer from Ford, I would still own my Focus.
JimsFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.