Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 123 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #1221
theoldguard
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus & 2012 Fiesta

FF Reputation: 1 theoldguard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Again, owning both 2012 Focus and 2012 Fiesta, none of Powershift problems in Focus are in my Fiesta. Fiesta does it right all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #1222
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticowner96 View Post
I guess just that I feel your frustration. Being Ford Blue I felt that I let them down. In reality they let me down. I wish you all the luck in the world in resolving the issues.
Sorry I didn't mean to bother anyone I was just frustrated along with the rest of you
as I too was Ford Blue through and through.
You're thinking wrong my friend. After Ford service re-flashed my powertrain control module at my request and did the latest DCT update my Focus has been nothing but a pleasue to drive.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #1223
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Ask me if Ford let me down. They wouldn't even look at my trans, much less work on it. mysticowner96 is not thinking wrong. He's frustrated like a lot of us. I wish some people here would understand that not everyone has a Focos that is a pleasure to drive, or has been satisfied with Ford service. If the Focus was so "perfect", this thread wouldn't exist. This thread is for discussion of the Focus, not the owners.

This is my last post here. I've tried to relate my experiences to help others. I hope others will understand that no matter what Ford says, grinding transmissions are NOT NORMAL! Ford will continue to make excuses until they either find a fix, or are sued. Ford is in the same boat with the Fusion transmission.

Take care people.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #1224
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
More trans dodo

Have not posted for a while. Put miles on the car, it will get better, lots of "posts" say that. After several, many trips I finally got to the 2k mark and still had the "grinding". Shifting was a little better, but not well. I took it to my dealer 7/23, Monday. That afternoon they called and said they heard the "grinding" and there was a problem. Tuesday 7/24-no contact from them. Wednesday 7/25 they called and said they were going to replace the clutches. Thursday, 7/26, no contact. Friday 7/27, they called said parts are not in, car will be ready next week. Monday 7/30, no contact.
Just how long does a person have to leave their car? Paying customers come first, I know, but this is for sh-t. I can not explain how upset I am with the whole thing. But I am not going to stop, even if my car is perfect when I get it back. This is crap, I will pursue legal action, and everyone else on here should also.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1225
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
BTW: Not going to name dealer yet, but they are located where the DCN will be next month...........Maybe I will have my car back by then.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #1226
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Man! I can really sense the frustration here with those that are having transmission issues. Mine started out with the shuddering feel on take off from dead stop. but now at 5100 miles, is pretty much spot on. I truely hope it will continue to stay that way. For all those that have issues, you should try to get in contact with each other, and go after Ford with a class action Law Suit if necessary. There is no excuse in modern automotives for this many mechanical issues, and yet no real addressing of the issue from the manufacturer. I cna sense a recall about to come, Ford does not want to lose momentum, and they should be afraid of getting into a Toyota fiasco! Toyota is still trying hard to rebuild it's reputation. Ford should be pro-active, not re-active. The latter has always been tough to overcome once the S*it hits the fan!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #1227
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Man! I can really sense the frustration here with those that are having transmission issues. Mine started out with the shuddering feel on take off from dead stop. but now at 5100 miles, is pretty much spot on. I truely hope it will continue to stay that way. For all those that have issues, you should try to get in contact with each other, and go after Ford with a class action Law Suit if necessary. There is no excuse in modern automotives for this many mechanical issues, and yet no real addressing of the issue from the manufacturer. I cna sense a recall about to come, Ford does not want to lose momentum, and they should be afraid of getting into a Toyota fiasco! Toyota is still trying hard to rebuild it's reputation. Ford should be pro-active, not re-active. The latter has always been tough to overcome once the S*it hits the fan!
I agree. The early shuttering of a DCT is normal. I'm positive that a Major car manufacturer like Ford will ignore positive complaints posted here.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #1228
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I agree. The early shuttering of a DCT is normal. I'm positive that a Major car manufacturer like Ford will ignore positive complaints posted here.
Will not ignore, sorry
Old 07-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #1229
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
...Also, Ford is listening to this forum. The Customer Service rep, Thomas, has helped me by putting me in touch with a regional manager. I thank him for that. Any information, complaint or dissatisfaction should be sent to Ford. It can only help.
Thanks for this compliment, JimsFocus! I wish you well in your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat67 View Post
Thomas thankyou for the welcome. The break-in does not explain the wifes car with no transmission issues at all...
It's my pleasure! Please send me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll loop in your area's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
...The ONLY issue I have now is that I have to take mine to the body shop with only 5100 miles! I got rear ended yesterday. The brakes are AWESOME! Unfortunately hers weren't!
Sorry to hear about this; is everyone doing well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefocus View Post
...My 5 door titanium has the automatic tranny and I have zero issues outside of some annoying MFT quirks...
Have you been in contact with our In-Vehicle Technology team about your MFT issues? If not, please PM our rep (Jaclyn) for assistance: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=87765.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehatch View Post
...you clearly aren't the only one. Give it some time for the computer to recognize your driving habits and hopefully it will be reasonable. I have a SEL with dual- clutch automatic so I understand exactly what you mean.
Great advice; how's your ride running so far? Feel free to grab a badge and show off your Focus love in cyberspace: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldguard View Post
Again, owning both 2012 Focus and 2012 Fiesta, none of Powershift problems in Focus are in my Fiesta. Fiesta does it right all the time.
I know you've been working with your CSM. Has the transmission in your Focus improved at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
...After several, many trips I finally got to the 2k mark and still had the "grinding". Shifting was a little better, but not well. I took it to my dealer 7/23, Monday. That afternoon they called and said they heard the "grinding" and there was a problem. Tuesday 7/24-no contact from them. Wednesday 7/25 they called and said they were going to replace the clutches. Thursday, 7/26, no contact. Friday 7/27, they called said parts are not in, car will be ready next week. Monday 7/30, no contact.
Just how long does a person have to leave their car?...I can not explain how upset I am with the whole thing. But I am not going to stop, even if my car is perfect when I get it back. This is crap, I will pursue legal action, and everyone else on here should also.
Have you talked with your region's CSM about this? If not, please send me your case number (or VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info); I'll forward these details immediately.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #1230
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticowner96 View Post
I went to the local Ford dealership as I've done about 19 times before. I went to buy a new Focus or Fusion the plan was to drive them both and pick one. I drove the SE models. I was after a car that gave decent gas milage this time. I have a Cobra, Exporer and a Ford F250 none of which make me smile at the gas pump!
Long story short I drove 3 Focus and 2 Fusions and told the salesman I wasn't going to buy either of them! Yes, transmission issue in each one.
They also sold KIA's at the dealership. The salesman suggested I look at the Optima. Smoother ride, more power, better handling, quieter ride, more equipment, lower price and much better warrenty.
I left with the KIA. I can't believe for the first time in 40 years I bought a new vehicle other than a Ford. They better get their act together or the next vehicle I buy may not be a Ford either. I'm not stupid enough to buy a Ford just because its a Ford. They have to earn my money just like I do.
The Ford was a sorry sorry second that day.
You will need that warranty. My Ex-wife owned two of them, and after the first year, they all start going south. Spent an average of a month out of every 12 in the shop. Was a nightmare.

As to Ford. Yeah, their service is crap. the fact is, Ford doesn't have a fix, so they are going to play it off until they do, unless the fix is to replace the transmission.

I feel sorry for you guys, once ford works it out, it will probably be a great car. But until then you have two options, deal with it, or risk going upside down and trade it in on something else.

Also: Recalls only occur if there is a SAFETY issue. This would not fall under a forced recall. So don't expect that to happen.
Good luck to you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks