Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 119 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #1181
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission

Yes, I have had all the updates. This is all real b/s. There must be 1000 posts on this site alone about this crappy transmission. "After xx miles mine has smoothed out......." Would anyone be happy with the purchase of, say, a 60 inch tv that the picture rolls and rolls? OK, the sales guy and the shop said just use it a few months and then maybe you will be able to watch it.
You are right, I am not happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #1182
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I think the AC is ok ... but sometimes when the temperature is perfect it blows humid air for a little bit. I am not sure why or how this happens.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #1183
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemenorange View Post
I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus in March and I put 7,000 miles on it and it had the select shift in it did not like how it was shifting and shuddering and at a dead stop and trying to go it would act like it wanted to kill out. than I went back to the dealer and traded it out for the SE with the L in the shifter in May that car I have almost 7,000 miles on it the transmission is still doing shuddering and jerking when try to give it gas Ford Motor Company I've called them and complain but nothing I'm about to test drive the new Dodge Dart and trade the Focus in the transmission was a bad move on Fords part I took it to 2 Ford Dealers about the problem they say that its working like Ford design it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemenorange View Post
...If I'm not getting no satisfactory with Ford Motor Company I will go somewhere else. Ford needs to go back to old school on the transmission thats the only problem I do have with the car and it did have the update done to it and a recall done to.
If you'd prefer, I'd like to escalate this with your region's Customer Service Manager. Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. He/she will be able to coordinate with you and your dealer on any repairs, if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
...Ford (Survived & Thrived with a tough it out, and build what people want, it'll sell menatality)...
Built Ford Tough; thanks for being a part of our family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
...Hopefully Ford engineers will come up with a program to eliminate that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Focus13 View Post
With so many Forum Members having transmission problems, too bad we cannot have a meet where we can share the cars problems with others first hand and pool our concerns with Ford as a group with our first hand experiences. Maybe that would get more noticed by Ford Customer Service. I know we are probably all not close to all members but maybe several groups?
All feedback on our PowerShift/DCT transmission has been forwarded to our engineering contacts; we're currently looking into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
So my sainted mother picked up a 2012 Titanium A/T hatch three months ago...

First up, the tank, even when reading "zero km left" has about 7L in the tank remaining (that's about 1.8 gallons). When she got it inspected, she asked about that, and they said that it's hardwired into the system and there's nothing that can be done to fix or change it. She understand a little caution, and that it's never good to bleed a system dry, but she tries to use the "km left" as best she can to judge how many kilometres she's getting on a tank...

Secondly, whenever there's a phone that's been bluetooth synced, but is driven away from, the entire Sync system seems to freeze and just be unhappy for nearly 10 minutes (even a turn off/turn on doesn't help)...

Now, as far as the second, she did just get the Sync system reflashed during her 90-day, and that may have fixed the bluetooth. Not sure yet...
Do you know if she was able to obtain a second opinion on the fuel tank indicator? If she needs any assistance, please have her call our Canadian Customer Relationship Centre at +1 (1)-800-565-3673. When it comes to SYNC issues, our In-Vehicle Technology rep, Jaclyn, may be able to assist: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=87765.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dness32 View Post
Mine had 13000 miles and there was a recall issued to adjust the modulator on the transmission. It helped but now when I take off after a cold start the transmission hangs in low gear until I step on the gas and let off the same as driving a manual transmission...
We recommend breaking it in for 1,000 to 2,000 miles after the transmission service was completed. If you have done this, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll loop in your area's Customer Service Manager for review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon3545 View Post
I bought an Enterprise car that Ford had purchased. It is a 2012 Ford Focus with 31k miles and I bought it from Ronnie Watkins Ford dealership in Gadsden, AL. It still has the stutter and hesitancy upon start-up that is mentioned above, but mine is well broken in unlike the other posts in this blog. I have had the car for three weeks and have noticed the same hesitancy and I can even hear it shifting from time to time upon start from zero...Either way I am impotent to address this problem and am forced to rely solely upon the dealership. I am going to take it back soon (like as soon as possible) and will post back if satisfaction is achieved...I don't feel absolutely safe when I have to accelerate expectantly. The hesitancy and shifting incongruity make me not want to drive my car beyond the corner convenience store...
Congrats on your purchase! When did you buy this Focus? Let's make sure it's running in peak condition; please shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information. I'll send these details to your region's Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
I put 350 miles on my Focus yesterday, total now is just over 2k. The trans seems to be getting better, but I still have the "rattling" noise when it shifts. Also, when I need it to downshift, it just does not want to do it. Then it will go into like 2nd gear which is, at times, more acceleration than I needed...
Whoa, you took it around the block quite a few times; it sounds as if you're still breaking it in. Have you sent me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information yet?

Quote:
The trans on my Focus was a bit quirky, but, it seems at around 3000 miles it started to smooth out. Now it's a pleasure to drive. The Ford service manager suggested a couple of days of local stop and go driving to break the trans in. Seemed to work...
Great advice; thanks for following through! Besides work, where do you plan to take your baby next?

If any of you plan to go in for service soon, please remember this link: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage. From batteries, brakes, tires, wipers, and The Works; there's something for everyone.

- Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #1184
meesterlike24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100589
What I Drive: 2012 grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 meesterlike24 Good Standing Member
I brought my Focus in to another local Ford dealer for a test drive with their service manager. Right off the bat he says to me that they are going to charge me if there is no problem found but he will go for a ride with me. (not something you say first thing to a customer when they are having a problem with a brand new car under FACTORY WARRANTY) so we go for a ride im duplicating the problem to him as im driving and he tells me that what im feeling is normal. I told him it shakes so bad that it rattled the center console lid loose. He said he would contact Ford about fixing this concern as well. I get a phone shortly after stating that the condition is normal and he made no mention of the center console lid. I asked the Ford Rep if they could send someone out to road test and check the vehicle and they told me they would get back to me within two days. Saturday comes and im driving the vehicle on a busy four lane road, i slow down and attempt to accelerate and the vehicle cut out on me. i restarted the vehicle and drove home and parked it. i just received a phone cal from Ford and they said they will not send anyone out to road test and check the vehicle even after I told them about what happened on Saturday. I have put a phone call into the Attorney Generals office to begin the process of filing a complaint against Ford. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT AGAIN!!!! THEY CLAIM TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND KNOW THERES A PROBLEM WITH THIS VEHICLE BUT DO NOTHING TO HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS!!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #1185
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesterlike24 View Post
I brought my Focus in to another local Ford dealer for a test drive with their service manager. Right off the bat he says to me that they are going to charge me if there is no problem found but he will go for a ride with me. (not something you say first thing to a customer when they are having a problem with a brand new car under FACTORY WARRANTY) so we go for a ride im duplicating the problem to him as im driving and he tells me that what im feeling is normal. I told him it shakes so bad that it rattled the center console lid loose. He said he would contact Ford about fixing this concern as well. I get a phone shortly after stating that the condition is normal and he made no mention of the center console lid. I asked the Ford Rep if they could send someone out to road test and check the vehicle and they told me they would get back to me within two days. Saturday comes and im driving the vehicle on a busy four lane road, i slow down and attempt to accelerate and the vehicle cut out on me. i restarted the vehicle and drove home and parked it. i just received a phone cal from Ford and they said they will not send anyone out to road test and check the vehicle even after I told them about what happened on Saturday. I have put a phone call into the Attorney Generals office to begin the process of filing a complaint against Ford. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT AGAIN!!!! THEY CLAIM TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND KNOW THERES A PROBLEM WITH THIS VEHICLE BUT DO NOTHING TO HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS!!
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_law.html
Old 07-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #1186
Wombat67
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101724
What I Drive: 2012 Grey TI Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Wombat67 Good Standing Member
Greetings all,
Just joined the board. I purched two TI Focus on the 14th of July 2012. A Red one with the back-up system/parking help, real cool by the way. The Grey one has the 18's suspension upgrade. The red one drive just fine, no issues with the transmissions it was build 05/12. The Grey one build 06/12 has all the issues as described.....stutter, "trailer pull" jerking, RPM up and down....ect, ect. At 158 miles took to the dealer and was told the recall did not apply, and was given the "green transmission" paper explaination and to wait 1000 to 5000 miles untill the clutches "break in". So as I am waiting, this driveability issue is pissing me off, more and more each day, and I don't think I can wait another 800 to 4200 miles for this transmission to fix it's self. Ford, please get you act together and find a fix to this soon.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #1187
Chefocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Chefocus Good Standing Member
Just browsing this thread and saw that someone's dealer told them to roll up the windows and turn on the radio as a solution for excessive noise.

That makes me insane. I hope that at the very least you destroyed him, by name, on Yelp. A-holes like that don't deserve another spot of business, ever.

Sent from outer space, right to your face
Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #1188
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Perhaps this article will be helpful to many of you with transmission woes.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...much_improved/
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #1189
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Perhaps this article will be helpful to many of you with transmission woes.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...much_improved/
Nice article! Thanks for sharing ELGatto . It pretty much said what I have resigned myself to. This is new technology, not what a seasoned driver like myself has been accustomed to. It's not perfect, but it's "Upgradeable" I have slowly gotten used to what the car wants as to driver input. IE: in the city drive in "S" and pick a gear, and stay there. Red light starts, more gas=a better launch. And on the highway, if you are in cruise control, and need to make a pass, floor it, and hang on! What a rocket!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #1190
Wombat67
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101724
What I Drive: 2012 Grey TI Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Wombat67 Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=RFrench6646;4274418]

Nice article! Thanks for sharing ELGatto . It pretty much said what I have resigned myself to.

This is my point, you should not have to resign ones self to poor driveability!!
It's a new car....A "hard baked" problem should be in all transmissions, not just a few, relitive to the amount produced. My personal exprience is showing 50% pass rate in the transmission. Still a failure..... If I bought a Yugo or a Trebie, well then, I could let it slide. I traded in a 2005 S80 T6 Premier that I picked up from the factory in Sweden because I needed two new cars and did not want to pay 80K+. I hope I don't have to regret 50% of my purchase decision.
410 miles driven....still suck'in

Last edited by Wombat67; 07-25-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: wanted to say more

Bookmarks & Social Networks