Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 106 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #1051
ACSKURT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100399
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ACSKURT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2011 isn't 2012. This failed tranny Ford came out with is new. You talk like a Ford plant here to spread disinformation.

You're lucky to be satisfied with what you have, but I promise you: the first time it almost gets you killed, you'll change your tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #1052
apwelsh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100655
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 apwelsh Good Standing Member
So I bought a certified used 2012 focus SEL with 23k miles on it.

It test drove great. But after a few days I noticed the transmission was acting up. I recognized the symptoms and suspected it was probably transmission related and not an major engine problem.

My dealership told me I was correct and that they could reprogram the unit. After doing so my car ran great again. For a week. Then my mileage dropped from 34 avg to 30 mpg. I noticed the car was feeling odd but not lugging like before.

Today the clutch started slipping really bad. It's back at the dealership. I hope they fix it. I am so upset and depressed that this is happening. I love that car but I don't want a problem and it looks like I may have made a huge mistake in my purchase decision.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #1053
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
Well..this is my first post, and I thank all of you for the wealth of information in these forums. Fantastic Site.

I had been all excited about purchasing a new Ford Focus Titanium. However, that is not going to happen unless I read about a complete fix for the serious issues discussed in this thread. I am now waiting for the new VW Golf's to arrive, and will either purchase one of those, or see if Ford has fixed this major issue. Knowing what I do now, I can not risk spending $25,000+ on something that is already broken.

I hope you all get the fix from Ford, and the respect from Ford that is deserved for being such patient customers.
Purchase a manual Titanium, if you are into manuals. Problem(s) solved.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #1054
Titanium_Princess
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97678
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium_Princess Good Standing Member
Angry Still unhappy!

Well.. My Titanium is back at the dealership in service again.. I cannot begin to express my fricken frustration.. I did get the update and it appears to be worse.. It's shifting too soon and almost got me killed as I was crossing traffic and it didn't want to go anywhere because it shifted incorrectly and created an almost stand still in the middle of the road.. All of these complaints and concerns are overwhelming.. I am extremely disappointed with the service I have received from Rich Ford here in Albuquerque, NM.. The service department is unable to correct my problem because now they are saying there aren't any codes popping up so they are not sure what to do.. Really? Are you kidding me? Maybe I should take it to my own personal mechanic.. They put me in a rental because they didn't want me to feel unsafe.. Thanks for the crappy rental. What I WANT IS MY NEW FORD FOCUS TITANIUM that I am paying for every month to deliver what I was expecting when I took ownership at the end of March, Which is reliability as Ford claims.. I want some answers and it needs to go above the dealerships customer service.. Wonder if Dearborne, Michigan would know more about how to fix their vehicle and make me a truly satisfied customer. I do want to give props to my amazing sales rep Tyler Simmons for working so hard on trying to make everything right time and time again.

Thank you for this thread because I am not alone with my dissatisfaction of Ford..
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #1055
ACSKURT
Focus Rookie

It might be time for a clas-action lawsuit against Ford pertaining to their failed Ford Focus.

If anyone wants to participate in this possible lawsuit, PM me and I'll compile a list of names and I'll contact a lawyer.

Ford was so proud they didn't take a "bail out", but to survive, it seems they have to screw their customers for the money.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #1056
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
I took my Focus to a different dealer today. (I've been waiting 1 1/2 weeks for a loaner from the first dealer) They drove it, heard the noises and felt the hard shifting. Plugged it into the computer and found no error codes. Sorry, they said, we are aware of the problems but do not have a fix at this time.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #1057
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSKURT View Post
It might be time for a clas-action lawsuit against Ford pertaining to their failed Ford Focus.

If anyone wants to participate in this possible lawsuit, PM me and I'll compile a list of names and I'll contact a lawyer.

Ford was so proud they didn't take a "bail out", but to survive, it seems they have to screw their customers for the money.
ACSKURT, while I understand your frustration (believe me, I have mine), this thread isn't the proper venue for litigious solicitation.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #1058
ACSKURT
Focus Rookie

No problem. Sorry. I'll keep it to the point of what transpires on this vehicle.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #1059
apwelsh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100655
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 apwelsh Good Standing Member
Well I left the car with Fritz Ford in California and they claim they can't find anything wrong with my car. They claim to have put 44 miles on the car and went up and down hills. There aren't any hills with a 20 mile radius of the dealership that could really be considered a grade to satisfy a satisfactory test.

They pulled a bait and swap on me when I was 18 and was lucky enough to catch it back then. I can't believe I went back. They are the most unethical dealership ever.

I should have never bought my two fords. This is a joke.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #1060
ACSKURT
Focus Rookie

Just got a call from Jim Addis Ford in Coeur d'Alene. They tell me they'll be happy to give me $14,500 trade in on my NEW Ford Fucus (with 710 miles on it) for another Focus with a manual tranny.

So, because they are (obviously) not acting in good faith, I will be filing an Idaho lemon Law claim, a BBB AUTO LINE claim, notifying ROAD AND TRACK, AUTOMIBLE mag, CAR AND DRIVER, MOTOR TREND, AUTOWEEK.COM, and all the other car type mags/internet sites I can find, as well as all major newspapers (and their internet sites) and explaining, very clearly, why it's a dangerous gamble to buy a Ford Focus on my weekly radio show.

Thanks for the listen, guys. All I've got from Ford (and any of it's agents) is nothing but more lies, attempts to steal from me, incompetence and indifference.

Gee - I bet that makes you want to buy your next car from Ford, doesn't it?

Bookmarks & Social Networks