Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 100 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #991
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What phone do you have? No all phones work well with the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #992
plymouth
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96458
What I Drive: 2012, Frosted Glass, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 plymouth Good Standing Member
Hi plymouth,

As you can tell by the multiple posts on this forum, I collect certain information that will initiate an escalation to the Customer Service Manger in your area.

For our Canadian owners, I recommend contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for documentation and assistance. However, please keep me posted on the results and let me know if I can assist in the future.

Hello, Noemi,

I've finally reached the end of my rope with my Focus' transmission problems. Yesterday, I was not able to reach anyone at this number, so I sent an e-mail. Today, I tried the phone number again, and got through on my first try. I am writing you to report that Elyse was very sympathetic and helpful. Tomorrow, I have an appointment at my dealership, to have the powertrain control, transmission control, and ABS modules reprogrammed. I will let you know if this service solves all the transmission woes of the last six months. Thanks so much for your assistance!

Plymouth
Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #993
Christa S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99989
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Sel Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Christa S Good Standing Member
Same issues with the new 2012 Ford Focus

Dvandy2898-

I have the same problems with my 2012 Ford Focus. My car is about 3 months old and has about 5000 miles on it and it still grinds (sputters/hesitates). I brought my car in 2 different times to 2 different Ford dealerships both said nothing was wrong just like what you said and I didn't believe them. About a month ago I received a letter in the mail for the recall they have going on for the Focus. They said that it should take care of the problem but never did fix the issue. So that was the 3rd time being at the dealership within 3 months of owning a new car. Now my car is at the dealership for the 4th time for the same issue. They have had my car for almost 2 weeks. The service advisor the first time I was there said that I wasted his time since nothing was wrong with it and now this other service advisor is not giving my car back until it is fixed.

The Ford dealership took out my transmission to see if that was the problem and found out that the shaft and the clutch look like that might be the problem. Now they are waiting on parts for the transmission and are going to be rebuilding the transmission from 2nd gear on up. I hope that fixes the problem.

I suggest to keep bringing it into the dealership and demand them to give you a rental car while they have it. Say that other people are getting their transmission looked at and rebuilt and thats what you would like to be done. The more you take it into the shop and get it all on paper you could always do the lemon law and get a new car.

Good Luck
Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #994
LincMarkD
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99500
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL

FF Reputation: 1 LincMarkD Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=DrkKnight614;4196596]You've gottwn all the MFT updates they've put out?

Yes, I've gotten all the updates. I had them do that plus the most recent recalls. There is still a problem with it. Any thoughts?

Their lips are moving.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #995
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
I had something interesting happen the other day. I have 1,800 miles on my 2012 Focus SE and have had relatively no problems. I took it in for the 12B37 recall anyway and after that my "miles per gallon" reading was stuck at 29.8. (I do mostly city driving). I drive the car pretty easy, trying to get the MPG up, but thinking the MPG read out was stuck, I started stomping on the gas to see if it would change. I did this for about 30 to 45 minutes at every stop sign and light. The MPG reading never changed, but the trans started to make a loud grinding sound between shifts and the shifting was not at all smooth. I drove it right to the dealer and had a mechanic drive with me. Wow, he said, you have a problem. I couldn't get a loaner at that time, so I made an appointment for the next morning. Driving to the dealer the next morning the car was fine. A little grinding, but not much. They hooked up my car to the computer and found nothing wrong. They said it was "learning my new driving habits." Now, I would normally say that's a bunch of BS, but after 3 days of my normal driving habits, the trans is smooth and quiet. Maybe there is something to this learning process. The MPG read out needed to be reset, and now that is fine too.

Jim
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #996
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
@JimsFocus, you have now engaged hyper-drive, and will reach your destinations quickly, now.

I wouldn't stomp on the gas at every stop sign, but there's nothing wrong with having a little fun, no? ;-]
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #997
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

I agree, r1derbike, I should be able to have a little fun without the trans going haywire. I'll test again soon.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #998
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You do realize that the MPG function is cumulative fuel economy not instant fuel economy. You can reset it so that it start recording over again if you want, and there might be another setting- you should read in your owner's manual about how to set it up.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #999
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

The MPG function was reset by the dealer. They said it can freeze up after the 12B37 upgrade.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #1000
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
OK, I didn't know that. You know what to do now if the owner's manual doesn't tell you how to reset it.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks