Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #91
Artimus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88569
What I Drive: 2009 Toyota Corolla

FF Reputation: 1 Artimus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Tranny Upgrade

Hello all! I am new to this forum although I have been monitoring it for a while. Rented a 2012 Focus SEL a few months ago (Enterprise) and was blown away by it other than the well reported Tranny issues. Considering purchasing one but only if the Tranny problems are addressed. In that regard I have been "pestering" my local dealer service manager for any info and last Wed. he definitively told me there will be a firmware/software upgrade to address the problems in late Sept. Additionally he said this upgrade can be applied to all the current Focus units in the field as well as of course new deliveries after the end of Sept. Would love to see a verification of this from Natasha. Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #92
fletch7719
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88491
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 fletch7719 Good Standing Member
I agree and would like a response from Natasha on the late september updates. I totally love every other aspect of the car, but the trans issues are a little troubling.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #93
Offrddrver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88002
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Metalic Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Offrddrver Good Standing Member
Artimus, thank you for the information on this Firmware/software upgrade in September. Lets just hope it is true.
Artimus and Fletch7719 - Thanks for asking Natasha, as this is my same type of questioning that I posted last week. "Just what are the Ford Engineers plans to fix our issues."
If this software patch in September is true I would also like to hear this from Ford or Natasha as the Ford rep. Any input Natasha?

Whynotthinkwhynot - Just a reply to your last reply.... To be fair, my dealer offers a shuttle ride while your car is down in the shop. However, it only covers 10 miles from the dealer. I talked to my Ford dealer as my work is 11.2 miles away, and they confirmed they would get me to an from work due to this being a new car purchase. At least a first step in the right direction. The fun begins soon.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #94
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

For those of you with shifting concerns, your dealer is best able to provide information on any updates. For specific issues the dealer has been unable to resolve, I have the ability to help. As Jellman123 said, PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will respond.

Guimpy,

I'm glad your dealer is able to get you in so soon. Please keep me updated.

Offrddrver,

It's great that they were able to arrange the courtesy transportation for you. Hopefully that helps ease some of the inconvenience of your appointment.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #95
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
I decided to stop at the dealer and talk about what I am experiencing. They asked that I bring it in on Monday for them to look into. They think it may need to be reprogrammed or something. Also at the same time they will look/fix my rear wiper washer fluid problem. It's not dispensing any fluid. It may be a disconnect somewhere. I haven't had a car in three years. I've spent 35k on this one and it is already going in to be fixed one week after purchase. I cannot say that I am not disapointed in this car because I am. Once it'll work properly I know it'll be the bomb. I'm thankful that I'm getting a good experience with the dealership. We will see what Monday brings.
The car was ready in no time. I had arranged for shuttle service for pick up from work. The hose for the rear washer fluid was pinched and that's what was keeping it from flowing. The washer fluid flows real good now. They cleared the trans adaptive table... I was told the car might still jerk a bit at first but should disapear as time goes by. My break in period starts from fresh as of today. I can say that there is no more shaking while on idle/park. I can't say that I see any difference in driving the car for now. I'm optimistic that it will get better. Hopefully my driving is good and it'll adapt to it well! :)

Last edited by Guimpy; 08-09-2011 at 04:25 AM. Reason: ~ corrected spelling error ~
Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #96
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

Guimpy,

I'm glad your dealer is able to get you in so soon. Please keep me updated.

~Natasha
Natasha, thank you,

I've posted a reply to my last thread. I've got no issues with the service my dealer is providing. I do believe they are trying their best with what they have. It is somewhat a new technologie and all are learning as it goes. Even myself!

I've made a suggestion that perhaps if they go get a car from a far away city like they did with mine (475km all highway in one drive) that they should reset whatever it is they need to reset once they get the car. They'll end up having to do it anyway so best to get it done before they sell the car. The client would never know and the car might actually run better. Let the owner break in the car and let the car learn the owner's driving habits. Not by/from anybody else. Anyway, those where my thoughts. The service guy said it might be something they would consider. I don't know what cost could be involved but I can say this much, had my car been running well from the beginning it would have gotten rave reviews from me. Currently it is not. Rave reviews = more sales, not so great rave reviews = no sales. That's how I see it. If the reset is done before the car is sold than it would most likely result in rave reviews. So more sales. Since it is something that they will have to do anyway, do it now. Win win situation in my thoughts.

Last edited by Guimpy; 08-09-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: ~ corrected spelling error ~
Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #97
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi Guimpy,

That's terrific, a nice quick service! I'm very glad the shuddering and the rear washer pinch issues were resolved. I'm also pleased your dealer is taking your suggestions seriously. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #98
MMarchand
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88649
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MMarchand Good Standing Member
Have my 2012 TI for two mounts now. Three weeks ago a seal on the front suspension strut breaks. It's been two weeks that I wait for the dealer to get the new parts... He let me go whit my car and know, I suspect that there will be more parts to replace because the bouncy and knoky front suspension.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #99
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Just got a call from the dealer... sounds like it's a wheel bearing problem.

Funny part is that when he desdribed Ford's reaction to the problem, they seemed to be aware of the problem by making a comment about "a noise between 50-75mph" that seems to match the description of what I'm experiencing.

Now the questions is how long... he couldn't get me an estimate unfortunately. Said something like Ford has to get them from the manufacturer, and who knows how long that's going to take.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #100
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksg View Post
Dear Ford Customer Service, as an owner of 2 Ford Focuses, I will not be buying any more based on what I have read here and the response from Ford. That is all.
This is my view of the issues... the 2012 Focus is a new Focus for the NA region. It is based on the European model, with some modifications for North American (NA) use. Yes, there are quite a few setbacks that are causing some headaches, but at this time, it is sort of hard to say whether the issues we are seeing are entirely the fault of Ford. As for my issue, it could be a quality issue from the manufacturer of the bearing.

I'm not vouching one way or another, but I think it's still a little early to immediately dismiss the Focus as a potential purchase. Yes, we are experienced a lot of problems right now, but it is also still quite early in this generation's lifecycle.

OK, so no I wouldn't buy one again RIGHT NOW if I was looking to get one, but come back to the idea in may 6 months or a year and reconsider it. The choice is yours, but again, we are still seeing some "start up" issues that should go away over time as Ford has a chance to address them. Yes, some of the problems we are experiencing should have been worked out in the factory or on the drawing board, but I can tell you (from doing product launches and design work myself) that things don't always go 100% as planned, and issues can arise that you can't predict because you can't predict how every customer is going to use your product--some will follow your guidelines, some will ignore them and do whatever, so it makes for desiging products not so easy.

For, now, I"m taking Ford's comments about how the car is not yet "broken in" (even though they claim there isn't such a thing these days anymore), but I will run the car to about 2k or 3k and if any problems still persist, it's going back to the dealer for round two (the car right now only has about 700 miles on it).

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->