2012 Focus Hitch is available - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #111
Texaswiley
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110693
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Texaswiley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus hitch

I don't know how to post pictures. Email me at: hwcecil@hotmail.com Actually I think since I'm a newby I am unable to post pictures.

Last edited by Texaswiley; 03-07-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #112
Texaswiley
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110693
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Texaswiley Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriH View Post
Thanks to all the info I received on this Forum, I purchased a Draw-tite hitch for my 2012 Focus Hatchback and had it installed today by a friend. But when I try to put my bike rack on it, the rack won't slide in far enough.

When I look inside, I can see what is keeping it from sliding in, sorry it's blurry, see the little thing sticking out on the right hand side?

Is that sticking-out-thing normal?
The Curt hitch I recently purchased was open all the way thru and didn't have the pin you show in yours. You do have to drill two holes and as with most you have to grind the bolt head but really you only have to take about a 1/16 to 1/8" off of one side of the carriage bolt. You can do this easily with a file in a couple of minutes. You ONLY have to file one side, just put the unfiled side into the hole first.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #113
Bombadil
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110973
What I Drive: 1997 Silver Acura Integra GS-R

FF Reputation: 1 Bombadil Good Standing Member
Oh great. I keep running into shortcomings on cars. Never once did I even consider that adding a hitch for my bikes would be an issue with a Focus hatchback. I should have taken a clue when I noticed that Ford didn't offer a hitch option. I sure wouldn't want to go drilling holes to mount one.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #114
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
Oh great. I keep running into shortcomings on cars. Never once did I even consider that adding a hitch for my bikes would be an issue with a Focus hatchback. I should have taken a clue when I noticed that Ford didn't offer a hitch option. I sure wouldn't want to go drilling holes to mount one.
There isn't an issue with the car. It is with the hitch or the bike rack. I used a draw tight hitch, went on with no drilling or problems and a Thule rack, again no fit problems. Some have had problems with the hitch or bike rack they chose but not with the car itself.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #115
burrpenick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114141
What I Drive: Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 burrpenick Good Standing Member
Not using a bike carrier but.....

I'm trying to find out if I can tow a small utility trailer with a 2012 Focus with the DCT AT? Anyone think it will kill this tranny early? george in tallahassee
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #116
sekazi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114026
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Tux. Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sekazi Good Standing Member
I would like to have a hitch for a bike rack but I would not settle for anything less than a Invisi-Hitch.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #117
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford Europe offers a electric folding 2" ball hitch for the MK3 Focus.

I have seen photos for a ST hitch as well.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #118
2012sel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84814
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL 5 door

FF Reputation: 10 2012sel Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrpenick View Post
I'm trying to find out if I can tow a small utility trailer with a 2012 Focus with the DCT AT? Anyone think it will kill this tranny early? george in tallahassee
Strictly my opinion based on other posts from this site...

You'd be OK if you keep your total trailer weight around 500 pounds. That would be a very small trailer @ 200 pounds and a smaller ATV around 350 pounds.

Make sure you get a modular wiring kit that can be removed before taking the car in for service at the dealer. Any sign that you've been hauling a trailer is grounds for a voided power train warranty. I have a friend that is a Ford mechanic and trailer wiring is one of the signs they'll look for.

Depends on how much your total weight is too. If you're going to have passengers and luggage in the car, be careful. My tire and load sticker says the limit for occupants and cargo is 827 pounds. Consider the tongue weight in that figure and total trailer weight as a burden on the power train. So the more weight in the car while also pulling a trailer is going to reduce the weight you'll be able to haul on the trailer.
2000 F150 Sport 2000-2011 | 1988 Ranger XLT 4wd 1988 - 2000 | 1966 Mustang 1983 - 2008 | 1963 Ford Econoline Van 1979 - 1983
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #119
burrpenick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114141
What I Drive: Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 burrpenick Good Standing Member
Perfect

GREAT INFO- EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. I love the MPG and Hatchback utility of the FOCUS, but how about some other suggestions that may work better in a towing mode occasionally?

I hope a plug in wire harness adapter is available for this one..........anyone who has used a trailer know??????

Funny that some dealers actually install the hitch, surprised that they would if SOME dealers would not honor the power warranty.

I assume NO ONE has had to pay for a trans rebuild yet, I'm sure the DCT will be VERY EXPENSIVE.

George in Tallahassee
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #120
sunburst
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108555
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sunburst Good Standing Member
Now here is a good question, I have a 2012 focus se dct a/t with sport mode, And i now have a jet ski. Have not gotten any weight yet, but I'm assuming it is very light. The tongue weight isn't much as i can pick it up and move it around my hand with out an issue and with out much force. Any ideas if it will be able to hold up to bringing it out of the water?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->