Speaker wire Routing: Amp to Doors ???? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #11
carrierx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11957
FF Reputation: 1 carrierx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh ok,, i just realized what was being said. That sucks.

When i get around to doing this,, ill make my decision then.

Yet another challenge...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2004, 07:32 PM   #12
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I ran wires to the front speakers. I drilled a new hole on my driver side (used a grommet that came with the wiring) and used the rubber grommet on the door. It was kind of hard routing the wire, but it works... now I need to get cover it with some wire loom.

The passenger side was a little different. I used the rubber grommet on the door and used the plastic cap to get it inside. Still need to cover it, but it works.

Have no problems with the power wire and speaker wire running parallel too!

Only thing I regret is not knowing my back seat cushions folded forward exposing the bottom... would have made it easier running RCA's!
Old 10-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #13
sublime053
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10417
What I Drive: '04 ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 sublime053 Good Standing Member
Another option that you could do.. is if you have the amp in your trunk/hatch, just get long speaker wire (whichever guage you prefer) and then just run it from there, under the carpet, to the dash, then just splice it into the harness... that would probably be the easiest way to do it without having to take all the speakers out and trying to fit speaker wire through the doors and what not. Just have something around the wires to keep them together, like the sticky velcro stuff that ford has already put in there.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:45 PM   #14
d3bilhan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12408
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 d3bilhan Good Standing Member
Have run wires inside of a piece of vacumn hose for the gap from the frame to the door.

[img]
Old 10-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #15
SQFocusZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4729
What I Drive: 2000 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 SQFocusZTS Good Standing Member
the boots i used look factory. ribbed rubber boots... I honestly can't remember where i got them. I did a dogpile for 'rubber door boots' one day. it took a while for me to find a place online, but they will get repeat business from me (that is, if i can find their address or my invoice)

-john
SQF

Certified MASTER Installer
one of 72 in the world...
Old 10-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #16
intuneauto
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 13992
What I Drive: 2001 focus se sedan

FF Reputation: 1 intuneauto Good Standing Member
running wires into doors

hey heres a easy trick,all you need to do is go to a salvage yard and grab a couple of door boots from other focus or probes 93 or newer,gut the insides and you can run your new wires thru there,the stock wires use standard eletronic male/female disconects that you can get at radioshack if you want to keep it as stock,but what i have done is just removed the center section and ran wires thru them,just make sure you make the connections the same.as far as running wire from the rear to the front i would never use the rear speaker wires as a way to the front,any decent stereo shop will have in bulk spool whats called SPEEDWIRE,its a fully jacketed amp connection with 4 channels already color coded,its only 3/4 around and if you remove your front seats and center console "should only take 20mins"you can run this wire all the way down the center to the hu and make your conections there for the fronts and the rears if you wanted to use the stock door wires,if not you can run off from there to the fronts and at the center of the car bewteen the rear doors you can split off to them
Old 10-06-2004, 09:25 PM   #17
SQFocusZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4729
What I Drive: 2000 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 SQFocusZTS Good Standing Member
well crap. why don't you just run speaker wire from the amplifier to where the deck is... connect the speaker wire to a reverse Ford harness, and connect the harness into the factory wiring. thats going to be the EASIEST way to get an externally amplified signal into the doors. The downside is that the signal wires (the oem speaker wires) are no more than 18awg.

-john
SQF

Certified MASTER Installer
one of 72 in the world...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.