Sound System Install - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #61
MJones202
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88505
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 1 MJones202 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I had a rattling noise from my rear door tweeter with heavy bass songs. Because I'm the curious type, I removed the door panel and the tweeter was a little loose. There aren't any screws, it was just fitted in to a cut out. I gave it a slight turn while pushing inward and I haven't had a problem since.
thanks guys!
First New Car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #62
voipguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85222
What I Drive: 2012 S.Grey SE Spt,4dr,Wint,MR,6sp

FF Reputation: 1 voipguy Good Standing Member
Any more pics Tony, Cant wait to see them!
Im still deciding on either the Audison Bit 10 or the LQ-1, any thoughts?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #63
Tony407
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85289
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Hatch Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Tony407 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voipguy View Post
Any more pics Tony, Cant wait to see them!
Im still deciding on either the Audison Bit 10 or the LQ-1, any thoughts?
I can't comment on what you want to use it for, but for my needs the LCQ-1 was more than adequate.

I've got pics but just haven't had a chance to post them up yet. Been really busy with school.

Tony
Old 11-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #64
Phantom Zero
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90652
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Phantom Zero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
Here's a couple of pics of the door before and after the mid-woofer install. Notice how the JL crossover fits perfectly into the little cavity on the left side. It was almost too good to be true, but it worked out great.

Even the foam covering over the door had a groove to run the wires from the crossover to the speakers. How can you ask for anything more?

I remember seeing somewhere that ford did that on purpose lolz thats y it fits so well that slot was made for those kind of upgrades
Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #65
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Hey Tony!

Great stuff buddy, thanks! Quick question for ya, or anyone else who might know. What is the stock amp that comes with the 10-speaker system in the titanium? I'm assuming it's a Sony, but I was curious to which one, and whether or not it is an analog or digital amp. Thanks for the help,

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #66
Tony407
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Hey Tony!

Great stuff buddy, thanks! Quick question for ya, or anyone else who might know. What is the stock amp that comes with the 10-speaker system in the titanium? I'm assuming it's a Sony, but I was curious to which one, and whether or not it is an analog or digital amp. Thanks for the help,

-B
Yes, it is a Sony...or at least it said "Sony" on it. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Tony
Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #67
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Tony, what do you think about something like this in the stock 6-speaker sound system in an SEL? It's not the Sony system and not the MFT system. I just want this in the trunk like the sound package with the sub in our Foci.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Bassl...d=X7KACPTOKLVA

How would I wire this with the stock "head unit".

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #68
Tony407
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
Tony, what do you think about something like this in the stock 6-speaker sound system in an SEL? It's not the Sony system and not the MFT system. I just want this in the trunk like the sound package with the sub in our Foci.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Bassl...d=X7KACPTOKLVA

How would I wire this with the stock "head unit".
I've heard a lot of good things about the Basslinks.

I'm really not sure how those get wired in, and I can only assume that you tap into one of the speaker leads.

You should be able to download an owner's manual for the Basslink on Crutchfield's website, and that will at least get you started. Sorry I'm not more help, but I'm not familiar with the 6-speaker system wiring. In principle it should be fairly straightforward though.

Tony
Old 11-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #69
Nolzta
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91979
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sport Diesel Candy Red

FF Reputation: 1 Nolzta Good Standing Member
Gday Tony & everyone, I've registered to say hi and ask you a question about the door speaker wiring.

You mention that the signal from the headunit is already a separated into tweeter and woofer. How did you confirm this?

Given that the above is the case, how would I go about wiring up my new splits when the crossover I have only has 1 input? and 2 outputs.

I've already got the speakers so I can't 'return them or go looking for a set that has 4 inputs into the crossover like you have.

How would you suggest getting around this minor issue. Is biwiring the the tweeter and mid lines, joining the +ve's and -ves work?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #70
Tony407
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolzta View Post
Gday Tony & everyone, I've registered to say hi and ask you a question about the door speaker wiring.

You mention that the signal from the headunit is already a separated into tweeter and woofer. How did you confirm this?
Because there are two separate sets of wires coming from the Sony amp to the tweeter and midwoofer. When I hooked up my JL midwoofer to the wires that went to the Sony tweeter, all I got was treble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolzta View Post
Given that the above is the case, how would I go about wiring up my new splits when the crossover I have only has 1 input? and 2 outputs.

I've already got the speakers so I can't 'return them or go looking for a set that has 4 inputs into the crossover like you have.

How would you suggest getting around this minor issue. Is biwiring the the tweeter and mid lines, joining the +ve's and -ves work?

Thanks for the help!
I do not believe so. Biwiring implies two sets of inputs into two sets of outputs.

The way around this is to hook up the tweeter wires to your new tweeter and the midwoofer wires to your new midwoofer and not to use the crossover that came with your new speakers.

The problem you might have with this is that the cutoff frequencies the Sony system has set up for their speakers may differ from yours. By how much I have no idea. Also, when I installed my JL speakers in place of the Sonys I really didn't hear that much of a difference. It wasn't until I added the LCQ-1 (which is what sums the tweeter and midwoofer signals) and my aftermarket amp that I actually noticed a difference in sound quality. And it was a big difference.

Tony

Bookmarks & Social Networks