Sound System Install - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 AM   #121
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 92144
Location: Clovis, CA
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

Posts: 151
Points 225, Level 4
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was looking into those ZR's, let me know how they sound and are they worth the cash. And wow this has helped a lot!
I am going for ALL JL audio but if the signals need to be summed I will get the LCQ-1. Thanks again

Last edited by dpando1; 09-29-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: found the answe
dpando1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #122
nickdibart16
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95614
Location: Morton, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus SE

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 nickdibart16 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I recently bought Alpine Type-R components for my 2012, which has the 6 speaker system in it. I had a question about the wiring you did because i have never run component speakers before. Since there is a stock tweeter in the vehicle, can you just directly wire either the component tweeter or the crossover to the stock tweeter wires?
nickdibart16 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #123
pascalbp
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109695
Location: Qc, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guy's big news here. I have a focus 2012 with the sony sound,now i'm changing my four 6.5 speakers and for everybody here who's trying to get the maximum quality of his speakers but they don't know how because of the crappy stock unit, I'll say get a Audison Bit Ten. It's expensive ( 500-600 $ ) but it's better than changing for a new powerful unit. It's a processor that take the low signal from the unit and boost it with the best quality sound ever. You can make everything with this. You can control the bass, the trebble and the volume. Your sound will be awesome, better than a new unit.
pascalbp is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #124
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 92144
Location: Clovis, CA
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

Posts: 151
Points 225, Level 4
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbp View Post
Hey guy's big news here. I have a focus 2012 with the sony sound,now i'm changing my four 6.5 speakers and for everybody here who's trying to get the maximum quality of his speakers but they don't know how because of the crappy stock unit, I'll say get a Audison Bit Ten. It's expensive ( 500-600 $ ) but it's better than changing for a new powerful unit. It's a processor that take the low signal from the unit and boost it with the best quality sound ever. You can make everything with this. You can control the bass, the trebble and the volume. Your sound will be awesome, better than a new unit.
You rock dude thanks for that info! do you have one yourself?
dpando1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #125
pascalbp
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109695
Location: Qc, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dude I just installed the Audison Bit Ten D with my new speakers and IT'S AWESOME! The sound is incredible, probably the best sound quality I had. The processor is a MUST if you want to change your speaker and get quality. the processor come with a little remote controle ( Volume, bass, treble ). All the audio settings is made by the little remote. You can see the details here : http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=41

Like I said before, it's expensive 500-600$ but if you have the choice to get a new unit or the processor, get the processor. It's better and you have more control.

So here's my new setup :

- Audison Bit Ten D
- Four 6.5 JL-Audio C2-650 compenents speakers
- A Clarion APX 4240 amplifier 4 channel 60W RMS
- Dynamat in 4 doors
- The pro installer keep the original amp for the sony sub. So my sony SUB is still working. My sony AMP is just working for my sub that it and my Clarion amp is working for my 4 speakers!

As a audiophile I confirm that now my sound system is g awesome. LOUD, Crisp, clean.
pascalbp is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #126
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 92144
Location: Clovis, CA
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

Posts: 151
Points 225, Level 4
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbp View Post
Dude I just installed the Audison Bit Ten D with my new speakers and IT'S AWESOME! The sound is incredible, probably the best sound quality I had. The processor is a MUST if you want to change your speaker and get quality. the processor come with a little remote controle ( Volume, bass, treble ). All the audio settings is made by the little remote. You can see the details here : http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=41

Like I said before, it's expensive 500-600$ but if you have the choice to get a new unit or the processor, get the processor. It's better and you have more control.

So here's my new setup :

- Audison Bit Ten D
- Four 6.5 JL-Audio C2-650 compenents speakers
- A Clarion APX 4240 amplifier 4 channel 60W RMS
- Dynamat in 4 doors
- The pro installer keep the original amp for the sony sub. So my sony SUB is still working. My sony AMP is just working for my sub that it and my Clarion amp is working for my 4 speakers!

As a audiophile I confirm that now my sound system is g awesome. LOUD, Crisp, clean.
I had to read that last part a couple of times to get it! BUT man! I've been wanting to hear some first person reviews of exactly what you have done! I have a few questions. 1) How much did that all cost you? without installation costs 2) how much of a difference does the dynamat do? 3) where did you put the amp and bit ten?

I would honestly do the same exact thing except I don't have tweeters in the back like you do but hey I wouldnt mind cutting a few holes. and oh get at least a more powerful sub in the back. man I am jealous though.

keep posting everything you're doing...many people im sure like myself appreciate it..especially when some are waiting for others to do it first.
dpando1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #127
pascalbp
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109695
Location: Qc, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm glad if the informations can help you. Now to answer your questions:

1) - I buyed one audison bit ten D : 549,99$
- Wire Kit 4 gage : 99,99$
- Dynamat kit : 49,99$
- 2 speakers set of JL-audio C2-650 330$ on ebay

and I had my own clarion amp. So to give you an idea it's around 1030$ without taxes and without installation.

2) It's my first time with dynamat and I like it a lot. It's like a insulator, you don't lose the sound in the doors. The bass is more present, more real and more loud, I love it!

3) The bit ten and amp are in the same place where the original amp is!
pascalbp is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #128
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 92144
Location: Clovis, CA
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

Posts: 151
Points 225, Level 4
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbp View Post
I'm glad if the informations can help you. Now to answer your questions:

1) - I buyed one audison bit ten D : 549,99$
- Wire Kit 4 gage : 99,99$
- Dynamat kit : 49,99$
- 2 speakers set of JL-audio C2-650 330$ on ebay

and I had my own clarion amp. So to give you an idea it's around 1030$ without taxes and without installation.

2) It's my first time with dynamat and I like it a lot. It's like a insulator, you don't lose the sound in the doors. The bass is more present, more real and more loud, I love it!

3) The bit ten and amp are in the same place where the original amp is!
I will be giving the audison a try muh bruh! Thanks seriously now that I know it is worth it to get that!
dpando1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #129
virtualbeas
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 109214
Location: Chicago, IL
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus Titanium

Posts: 19
FF Reputation: 2 virtualbeas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My installer just told me that the amp in my 2013 FF Ti acts as a processor and can't be removed if I want to retain fade/balance/bass/treble/etc. He wants to keep it in there along with my aftermarket amp. I haven't heard anything about this on the forum. Anyone know about that?
__________________
JL XD700/5 amp
Audison Bit Ten LOC & equalization
CDT HD61a components in front and rear
8" Kicker 10CVT8 in factory enclosure
virtualbeas is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #130
pascalbp
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 109695
Location: Qc, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, blue candy, focus

Posts: 18
FF Reputation: 1 pascalbp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes the origin amp as a processor but everything (bass-treble) is blocked and can't be touched. If you keep the amp you'll not have any changement in your sound. You have to bypass the amp to get a better changement...
pascalbp is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat