Sound System Install - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #91
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010
 
Shade-010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87369
Location: Noblesville, IN
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Posts: 9,785
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Is there wiring in the trunk for the Sub in all models?
__________________
2012 Ford Focus SE Sport-5 speed-203A package
Basline 1 -155.48hp 145.80 tq 93 oct. Lunchbox delete & K-N Drop in filter.
Dyno 2 -161.86 hp 151.6 tq - 93 oct. RDC 2.5" Catback & K-N Drop in filter.
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Shade-010 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #92
Tony407
Focus Addict
 
Tony407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85289
Location: Portland, OR
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Hatch Titanium

Posts: 647
FF Reputation: 4 Tony407 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There seems to be quite a bit of mis-information and/or assumptions about the number of channels, predictions where power is going, etc. that don't seem to be based in fact. That was the reason for my "hasty" post. I don't want misinformation or just plain weird claims that have nothing to do with anything useful in my install thread. Your post struck me as troll-ish. "Years of experience" doesn't tell me anything, because we both have the same amount of time invested in audio (well, car audio with me), so if you don't want a "pizzin" contest please don't show me the size of your...experience. And seriously? "Pizzin?" "deinterznetz?" If you want me to take what you say seriously, stop talking like you're in in Jr. High.

Tony
Tony407 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #93
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast
 
Ghost71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91701
Location: Tampa, FL
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

Posts: 446
FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great write up till the chicken fights started. Lol
This thread should be closed.....Peace my FoFo friends :)
Ghost71 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #94
Royal Tee
Focus Enthusiast
 
Royal Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Fan#: 10037
Location: New York City, NY
What I Drive: Black Loaded Titanium & 2k1 SE

Posts: 167
FF Reputation: 1 Royal Tee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
There seems to be quite a bit of mis-information and/or assumptions about the number of channels, predictions where power is going, etc. that don't seem to be based in fact. That was the reason for my "hasty" post. I don't want misinformation or just plain weird claims that have nothing to do with anything useful in my install thread. Your post struck me as troll-ish. "Years of experience" doesn't tell me anything, because we both have the same amount of time invested in audio (well, car audio with me), so if you don't want a "pizzin" contest please don't show me the size of your...experience. And seriously? "Pizzin?" "deinterznetz?" If you want me to take what you say seriously, stop talking like you're in in Jr. High.

Tony
So you come across hasty and now say that I have to post a certain way for your graciousness?
heh, ya...ok .
I posted my "Years of experience" just for the reason not to come a cross as a troll. I posted a lot of stuff there but look, it still gets questioned....no matter what.

I opened it up, tested it and posted my findings.
Everything in My post was based on fact, if you didn't understand it then hey, lost in translation I guess....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost71 View Post
Great write up till the chicken fights started. Lol
This thread should be closed.....Peace my FoFo friends :)
No, there's good info in here, I'll bow out.
I tried to chip in here but sometimes....eh nevermind...
__________________
>B^)>
Royal Tee is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #95
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast
 
Ghost71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91701
Location: Tampa, FL
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

Posts: 446
FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The thread will remain for all, but no one can post. That's what closed means. Lol
All good :-)
Ghost71 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #96
Royal Tee
Focus Enthusiast
 
Royal Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Fan#: 10037
Location: New York City, NY
What I Drive: Black Loaded Titanium & 2k1 SE

Posts: 167
FF Reputation: 1 Royal Tee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost71 View Post
The thread will remain for all, but no one can post. That's what closed means. Lol
All good :-)
lol, yes I kinda realize that but I meant that there's good info for open communication ...asking questions etc...
So I would leave it open...


Hey, maybe I just have a hard time conveying stuff
__________________
>B^)>
Royal Tee is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #97
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast
 
Ghost71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91701
Location: Tampa, FL
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

Posts: 446
FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Everybody knows everything. Lol
Some do and some don't. When you're behind a computer screen it becomes difficult in Many ways.
Ghost71 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #98
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93741
Location: Chesapeake, VA
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

Posts: 387
FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@Royal Tee

"This is the amount of Speakers
-4 Woofers
-4 Tweeters
-1 Sub
-1 Center
= 10
The Amp is 9 channels so one channel has an extra speaker on it."


The reality:


I have install a number of systems and the amount of speakers does not meany channels. This is most likely a 4 channel amp with the center bridges +right - left front terminals and the Sub the same way but +Right - left the rear channels. Never seen a 9 channel amp, most are 4-6 capable of bridging channels for center and subs. Each door is a channel 4 and the sub/center channel are more than likely bridged 2. So 4 real channels 2 bridged. Still 4 real channels.

Paul

Front Right: Mid/Twet = 1 channel
Front Left: Mid/Twet = 2 channels

Back Right: Mid/Twet = 3 channels
Back Left: Mid/Twet = 4 channels

Center: Mono = bridged with front channels
Sub = Mono = bridges with rear channels

Last edited by Brabs_Weather; 02-02-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Brabs_Weather is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #99
Royal Tee
Focus Enthusiast
 
Royal Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Fan#: 10037
Location: New York City, NY
What I Drive: Black Loaded Titanium & 2k1 SE

Posts: 167
FF Reputation: 1 Royal Tee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
The reality:
I have install a number of systems and the amount of speakers does not meany channels. This is most likely a 4 channel amp with the center bridges +right - left front terminals and the Sub the same way but +Right - left the rear channels. Never seen a 9 channel amp, most are 4-6 capable of bridging channels for center and subs. Each door is a channel 4 and the sub/center channel are more than likely bridged 2. So 4 real channels 2 bridged. Still 4 real channels.

Paul

Front Right: Mid/Twet = 1 channel
Front Left: Mid/Twet = 2 channels

Back Right: Mid/Twet = 3 channels
Back Left: Mid/Twet = 4 channels

Center: Mono = bridged with front channels
Sub = Mono = bridges with rear channels
You could be correct,
I had mentioned something similar to that previously...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee View Post
...Now realistically, the amp could easily be a 2/2/2 type.
L/R Front - L/R Rear - C -Sub
__________________
>B^)>
Royal Tee is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #100
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93741
Location: Chesapeake, VA
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

Posts: 387
FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee View Post
You could be correct,
I had mentioned something similar to that previously...
Yep Must have missed that post. Thanks
Brabs_Weather is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.