How to: USB2 add media (2012 focus) - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #31
Megalomantic
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99398
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus SE Sport Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Megalomantic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I also keep having problems where sync sudden decide that my iPod no longer supports voice commands. Gonna make a few changes and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomantic View Post
I also keep having problems where sync sudden decide that my iPod no longer supports voice commands. Gonna make a few changes and see what happens.
Has this been resolved yet, Megalomantic? Let me know, I'd be happy to look into it further!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
Megalomantic
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99398
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus SE Sport Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Megalomantic Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Has this been resolved yet, Megalomantic? Let me know, I'd be happy to look into it further!

Jaclyn
No. This is the latest I got for ya. I took out my iPod classic (usb2) I used tuneup (a aftermarket software that takes care of double files and playlist as well as fix file tags and naming.). I reset sink then re sinker the classic and re set up my iPhone. All was fine. However a few days later I left my phone plugged into USB1 when I shut the car off . When I came back to car and started the car I noticed that it was trying to index (it said usb2) but it was indexing my phone in USB1. It froze up like that. I turned off center council unplugged phone and turned it back on and voice commanded usb2. Got my classic back but lost voice control on it again. I still can not go back and forth between 1 and 2 either if they are both plugged in.

I have a pretty strong computer background. And my current thoughts are as follows
A. This is issue may be caused by trying to interface two apple products. ( I've heard from there that two USB dongles worked fine and did not produce the same issue.)
B. this could be resulted because some playlist and files are repeated on my iPhone.
C. I wish I knew because my gf wants me to set up usb2 in her fiesta. (assuming it has a usb2) but not going to bother if it's going to be this glitchy. I already had to pull fuse once on her sync because it stopped reading her iPod.

If you have any answers or solutions is greatly appreciate it.

...Just to be clear currently can not switch between usb1 and usb2 and iPod 160gb classic is not taking voice commands again.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #34
KeithLM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83553
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 KeithLM Good Standing Member
I have a Ti with MFT and I cannot find an excess port behind the console. Anyone with MFT have any luck yet?

I'd really like to find some way to run a cable that can be somewhat hidden. Frankly the placement of the two power outlets is awful if you want to leave something plugged in all the time. Also under the armrest I don't see a way to run a cable out of the USB ports cleanly.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #35
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomantic View Post
No. This is the latest I got for ya. I took out my iPod classic (usb2) I used tuneup (a aftermarket software that takes care of double files and playlist as well as fix file tags and naming.). I reset sink then re sinker the classic and re set up my iPhone. All was fine. However a few days later I left my phone plugged into USB1 when I shut the car off . When I came back to car and started the car I noticed that it was trying to index (it said usb2) but it was indexing my phone in USB1. It froze up like that. I turned off center council unplugged phone and turned it back on and voice commanded usb2. Got my classic back but lost voice control on it again. I still can not go back and forth between 1 and 2 either if they are both plugged in.
A. This is issue may be caused by trying to interface two apple products. ( I've heard from there that two USB dongles worked fine and did not produce the same issue.)
B. this could be resulted because some playlist and files are repeated on my iPhone.
C. I wish I knew because my gf wants me to set up usb2 in her fiesta. (assuming it has a usb2) but not going to bother if it's going to be this glitchy. I already had to pull fuse once on her sync because it stopped reading her iPod.
SYNC automatically indexes your music every time the player is connected through the USB port. To further isolate this issue, What is the device stating that it has in terms of content (# of Songs, Videos, etc)? You can find out by clicking: SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT. Have you checked the metadata tags for any blanks or errors?
By the way, the Fiesta is equipped with one USB port.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
I have a Ti with MFT and I cannot find an excess port behind the console. Anyone with MFT have any luck yet?
I'd really like to find some way to run a cable that can be somewhat hidden. Frankly the placement of the two power outlets is awful if you want to leave something plugged in all the time. Also under the armrest I don't see a way to run a cable out of the USB ports cleanly.
Are you referring to the Audio/Video inputs? If so, the jacks are located behind a small access door on the instrument panel or in
your center console. In order to use this feature, you'll need to connect using RCA cords which are not included.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #36
KeithLM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83553
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 KeithLM Good Standing Member
Quote:
Are you referring to the Audio/Video inputs? If so, the jacks are located behind a small access door on the instrument panel or in
your center console. In order to use this feature, you'll need to connect using RCA cords which are not included.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.
No, I'm talking about the original topic of this thread. I know what ports are in the console, I just want something better to use to charge my cell phone. Unfortunately the placement of the power outlets and the USB in the Focus requires cables laying in the way for something mounted on the dash.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #37
Superlifted06FX4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104764
What I Drive: 2013 performance blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 Superlifted06FX4 Good Standing Member
I'm going to have to do this...
Old 11-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #38
ArcticGabe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86046
What I Drive: 2013 SE Hatch MTX

FF Reputation: 1 ArcticGabe Good Standing Member
Bingo! Works perfectly.

Strange, though. I have one USB thumb drive that will not work with either USB1 or USB2, even though it is formatted as FAT32. All my other drives work in either USB port. . . . strange.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #39
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
def on my list of things to do when i can find a mini usb to usb adapter
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #40
Vrod21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86456
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo black metallic SE

FF Reputation: 3 Vrod21 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
def on my list of things to do when i can find a mini usb to usb adapter
Just a little help. They are pretty cheap, even with shipping.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Just remember you have to shave the sides just a little bit for then to fit. Nothing a box cutter won't fix.

Good luck!

Bookmarks & Social Networks