Massive stereo build completed!!!! (Big Pictures of the completed project) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104592
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 3 Jeffrosilver07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Massive stereo build completed!!!! (Big Pictures of the completed project)

Me and a couple of my co-workers have been working on a massive stereo build for my 2007 Focus hatch. If you would like to see the pictures of the actual build, I have a thread in the build section of the forums. These are just the pictures of the finalized build. The system was built using Alpine, Morel, and Mosconi products. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Let me know what you think.

Here are the completed pictures of the build.

Close-up of head unit.

Close-up of custom pods for speakers in a-pillar.

Close-up subwoofer enclosure with custom light ring.

Close-up of crossover section.

Close-up of the small four channel amp.

Close-up of the big four channel amp.

The whole trunk.

Random photos, different angles, inside car view with seats folded down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Very nice, Very clean install!
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Black00ZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 104714
What I Drive: '12 Silver Focus

FF Reputation: 3 Black00ZX3 Good Standing Member
amazing build.

Can we get some video?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
LensDriven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111184
What I Drive: 2006 Blk ZX4 SES, 2009 Blu Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 1 LensDriven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Oh man! That is awsome! I'm normally not really into audio, and tend to really dislike the huge boxes in the trunks taking up needed space- but this... I want! So perfectly subtle! When you doing mine? :-D
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
that turned out really well, very clean install. good job
Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
jlelandjr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114866
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 jlelandjr Good Standing Member
I have never done a build any better than this and I have done this stuff for 30 years. Nice use of internal contouring. well routed cabling. Smart arrangement of components.

Two questions:

Did you use alternate power source and caps? (Duh, sure ya did, just wondering the values and if you installed the high output alt, and an aux battery)

Any cooling issues with the amp(s)
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

I am using the stock alternator. I have replaced the battery with an interstate but that was because my other battery was having problems. I have a tsunami 15farad cap tucked away below the drivers rear 5x7. The 15 farad cap does help a lot with the not making the lights flicker if I am hammering on it.
As far as the cooling issue. The amplifiers have built in fans that will turn on if they get to hot. The fans suck air in and blow it across the heat sinks. I can honestly tell you that I have yet to get one of the fans to turn on. The amplifiers are true class A-B amps so they run very very efficiently. The other reason that I'm not running into any cooling issues is because I purposely have everything running at 4ohms that way the amps don't have to work as hard. Another thing to point out is the amount of power that the amps put out. The big amp is running only my front speakers, totaling 800+ watts of power. Doing that gives me alot of head room and flexibility. To sum it up I don't need to turn the gains up much on the amps for them to play loud. And best of all with all that power its sounds incredible no matter what the volume. The system was designed mainly for SQ.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

I also forgot to mention in my previous response was the values you asked about. The amplifiers have manl fuses built into them. The big 4ch has a 150amp fuse and the small 4ch has an 80amp fuse. I also have a 250amp fuse under the hood to be safe. However because I am running them the way that I am they aren't pulling anywhere near those ratings. Just for kicks we ran a test to see what the system was doing. We turned the car on, turned on all of the electronics in the car, heater on full blast, every light on and hammered on the system. When we did the test on the alternator I was only pulling 45-49amps from my alternator, it did spike to 55amps when a large bass note happened. Now in all fairness there is no possible way that I would be listening to it at that volume at any time because it was just flat out stupid loud. I just wanted to see if my alternator would take a dump.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
jlelandjr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114866
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 jlelandjr Good Standing Member
Quality choice to run 4 ohms..., if you are synthesizing your sound properly, and have a head unit that bends your waves efficient, loud don't matter, quality does. I am impressed with the amps too. Very, very little chance of dumping the alt in light of the 4 ohm system in use, you are not presentin a load or peaks to do that with the 1 microfarad cap onboard. Well done, well studied. Masterful install.

Any experience with remote start systems? I have a topic on the board here if you have any tips.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
Jeffrosilver07
Focus Enthusiast

Its funny you mention the headunit. Before all of my other systems I've done I focused (no pun) mainly on the best headunit because of the EQ that was built in. My headunit is completely flat, nothing is turned up or down. All of the EQing is done directly from the amplifiers. In about a month or so I will be getting the Mosconi 6-8 processor. Once that is hook-up I will be tuning my car and doing my alignment of the speakers with an RTA. I might even decide to go completely active with my front speakers.

As far as remote starts, i'll look up your thread. I have a full Compustar alarm/remote start on my car now. Equipped with the Drone (cell phone add-on) with vehicle tracking and locating.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->