The 2012 Window Tint Thread - Page 69 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #681
Deftmetal
Moderator
 
Deftmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105884
Location: Pennant sk, Canada
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

Posts: 7,205
FF Reputation: 7 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If you have the time take it to court. Innocent till proven guilty. All you have to do is ask for the proof you were over the limit
Deftmetal is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #682
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast
 
FocusOn20s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107321
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

Posts: 165
FF Reputation: 1 FocusOn20s Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
got 35% llumar all around.

Will upload pics when my cover isn't 95% covered in snow
FocusOn20s is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #683
e30og
Focus Enthusiast
 
e30og's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83765
Location: Baltimore, MD
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

Posts: 532
FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarslair View Post
The one good thing that came out of my recent car crash was the free tint the collision repair shop had done for me!


what brand and where did you get the nose
e30og is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #684
Cougarslair
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Cougarslair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102690
Location: Markham, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Hatchback SEL

Posts: 31
FF Reputation: 1 Cougarslair Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Its a Magnetbra - http://www.magnetbra.com/index.php.
I first read about it in this thread - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...gnetbra&page=3.

Kinda like a big fridge magnet - The first installation was bit of a pain and took some time and patience, but now whenever I wash the car or after a heavy rainfall, I just peel half of it and the edging strip back , wipe it and the hood dry of any moisture, lay it back down, put the edging strip back on and then do the other side, takes just a few minutes.
I must admit , that at first I was a little unsure of the look, but now I love it and have had many compliments about the look. And it does protect the front edge of the hood.
For the price compared to other car bras I would definitely recommend it.
Cougarslair is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #685
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 3,972
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm going to get one sooner than later.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #686
FFHatch2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107544
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

Posts: 25
FF Reputation: 1 FFHatch2013 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
70% allows 70% of the light in aka. Its clear.

Most cops don't hassle you for tint until, they can not see at least a shadow of what is going on in the car. Granted, there are the ones out there looking to get out of the car and move around but, they also use the tint as a means of finding a bigger offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftmetal View Post
If you have the time take it to court. Innocent till proven guilty. All you have to do is ask for the proof you were over the limit
I have an interesting story here...I had to bring my focus back to the dealership to have them take a look at the unresponsive 5-way controls on my steering wheel so the "shuttle guy" drove my back to work and I was telling him about my plans about having my windows tinted. We talked about PA having lame tint laws and the fact that I might just risk it and have a 35% tint on the rear windows..basically knowingly breaking the law, all the time pointing out all the cars we passed by having tints that were obviously over the limit (which is 70% on all the windows here in PA). It turned out the guy was actually a retired cop (!) and was/is a pro-lame/strict-PA-tint-laws! Well...that was an uncomfortable ride.
FFHatch2013 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #687
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast
 
Some Guy From NY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101517
Location: Brooklyn, NY
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

Posts: 493
FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFHatch2013 View Post
I have an interesting story here...I had to bring my focus back to the dealership to have them take a look at the unresponsive 5-way controls on my steering wheel so the "shuttle guy" drove my back to work and I was telling him about my plans about having my windows tinted. We talked about PA having lame tint laws and the fact that I might just risk it and have a 35% tint on the rear windows..basically knowingly breaking the law, all the time pointing out all the cars we passed by having tints that were obviously over the limit (which is 70% on all the windows here in PA). It turned out the guy was actually a retired cop (!) and was/is a pro-lame/strict-PA-tint-laws! Well...that was an uncomfortable ride.
I am in the Poconos all the time, I am back and forth between NY & PA (work in Brooklyn)...My car is registered at my house in PA so I have PA plates, I have 35% on my rear windshield and 50% (yes I know it is light) on all my side windows. So far I have not been hassled by any cop in any state.
__________________
Mods: Drop in K&N filter, Steeda RSB, MS3 RMM, Remote start, Llumar tint, Ti engine cover, Husky floor mats, OEM splash guards
Some Guy From NY is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #688
FFHatch2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Fan#: 107544
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

Posts: 25
FF Reputation: 1 FFHatch2013 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
I am in the Poconos all the time, I am back and forth between NY & PA (work in Brooklyn)...My car is registered at my house in PA so I have PA plates, I have 35% on my rear windshield and 50% (yes I know it is light) on all my side windows. So far I have not been hassled by any cop in any state.
That's the thing, they won't hassle you with your tints unless you do something prior to that. If you get pulled over due to speeding (or reckless, or whatever), then it's almost guaranteed they'll also cite you with your tints being over the limit. It also depends on the cop. Of course this is all based on what I read online. I don't personally know anyone getting in trouble because of this.
FFHatch2013 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #689
Squeak
Focus Rookie
 
Squeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103881
Location: Kirkland, WA
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic Candy Blue SE

Posts: 23
FF Reputation: 1 Squeak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I wonder if any of you can help me with a question I have. First of all I am in WA so I guess the tint laws are 35% but you can't tint the front passenger, driver, or windshield :/ but I see tons of cars who do it that way. How likely is it to get pulled over for having 35% all the way around?

Also, How do they tint windows? I have some star wars decals on my back window that I would really like to keep and was wondering if they tint from the inside or the outside ?

Obviously I am a newb :P
Squeak is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #690
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,179
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
I wonder if any of you can help me with a question I have. First of all I am in WA so I guess the tint laws are 35% but you can't tint the front passenger, driver, or windshield :/ but I see tons of cars who do it that way. How likely is it to get pulled over for having 35% all the way around?

Also, How do they tint windows? I have some star wars decals on my back window that I would really like to keep and was wondering if they tint from the inside or the outside ?

Obviously I am a newb :P
The tint film is applied to the inside of the windows. No one can tell you how likely it is to get pulled over for it, some people get pulled over immediately and frequently and others don't draw any attention from the police so its really hit and miss.
__________________
Moderator for: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.