The 2012 Window Tint Thread - Page 64 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #631
dnprall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102822
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dnprall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone heard of Vista films or a company called CPFilms?

Yes I did look at the Internets but that doesn't tell me if people think they are good.

Also, I am being quoted $379 for all windows and rear. This is through the dealer. Would I be getting screwed with that price? Anyone know a good Minnesota company?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #632
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnprall View Post
With my luck, I'd get 35% installed and then get it ripped out the next week by some state trooper, heh.
I have 12% Ceramic all around and the heat rejection is fantastic. Obviously the inside of the car gets warm, but the black leather seats are no warmer than the air in the car. I've never got in and felt that the seats were hot.

Legal in Ohio is 50% front and no laws on the rest. I have 12% on all including windshield stripe (the shop I went to wouldn't do the windshield beyond the strip...I was hoping for 50% on the overall windshield). I haven't gotten pulled over in the year I've had this tinting on the car, and I've sat next to many cops at lights.

My friend has an 08 GTO and 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee, both 5% all around and 35% windshield. He's never been pulled over (and has had those cars since they were brand new). Most places don't fuss much with it, but if you get pulled over for something else they might add it on.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #633
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 728, Level 14
Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnprall View Post
Also, I am being quoted $379 for all windows and rear. This is through the dealer. Would I be getting screwed with that price? Anyone know a good Minnesota company?
Locally (Georgia), $379 is toward the high-end. I've gotten quotes for Ceramic ranging from $225 to $400. Huper-Optik or Crystalline would run $500-ish, but the dealer probably isn't doing that and most likely isn't doing ceramic. If it's not ceramic, it's definitely high.

Most times, you will save money NOT going through the dealer, unless the dealer is willing to warranty it through Ford in writing - even then, most tint shops will warranty it also.

As far as local law enforcement - it really will depend on the officer - I heard stories anywhere from officer's saying the tint looks nice and was a quality job to threatening to impound the car if you didn't remove the tint before you drive away.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #634
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
I got mine done ceramic on all windows for $200 out the door, lifetime warranty. Do with that what you will.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #635
dnprall
Focus Enthusiast

I emailed the shop that the dealer uses to see what kind of tint they are using.

I contacted another local shop and asked for quotes. $369.99 for their top of the line Pinnacle Series ceramic film. Sounds like a good price and I may go with that.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #636
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
If anyone can offer in an opinion, I'm on the fence between two shops here in Ottawa. One uses computer cut SolarGard, not sure exactly what percent but around OEM. The other uses American Standard Window Film, not sure which grade, but in either 20% or 35%... this is where I got my last 2 cars done. He does all the work himself and hand cuts it, I'm just not sure about the tint film itself.

Also on the fence about whether to make the front doors lighter or not... Doesn't look as nice but it's safer. Oh, so many decisions!

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #637
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
If anyone can offer in an opinion, I'm on the fence between two shops here in Ottawa. One uses computer cut SolarGard, not sure exactly what percent but around OEM. The other uses American Standard Window Film, not sure which grade, but in either 20% or 35%... this is where I got my last 2 cars done. He does all the work himself and hand cuts it, I'm just not sure about the tint film itself.

Also on the fence about whether to make the front doors lighter or not... Doesn't look as nice but it's safer. Oh, so many decisions!

Thanks for your help!
Not sure if this will help, but I got mine done with Solargard, 20% rear windows and rear windshield, and 30% front windows, my before and after pics are here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...71#post4045371

Car stays cool and everything looks good. :)
Old 08-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #638
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post

Thanks for your help!
OEM tinting is around 15%.

As far as what shop to go to, I'd base that choice on the final product that the person puts out, time and time again.

Id also, match the doors to the rest of the car. Just for the aesthetics of the whole thing.

15% all around and, 35% on the windshield.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #639
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 728, Level 14
Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14 Points: 728, Level: 14
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
OEM tinting is around 15%.
What???

If I could put whatever I wanted on the car and was young and not worried about my night vision, I'd probably go 20% all around - or maybe 20 front, 15 rear. If I were worried about my night vision, I'd probably go 30-35 front and 20 rear. In GA, I can legally only do 32% all around (except windshield), which is a bit lighter than I'd prefer, but not terrible.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #640
dnprall
Focus Enthusiast

Just got my ceramic tint installed. Only went 50% because of MN law.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.