The 2012 Window Tint Thread - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #551
kaldrok
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98928
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 kaldrok Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I paid $179.xx out the door for limo black all around and a 7 inch strip on the windshield. That was for the middle quality tint. For the 3m stuff it was going to be about $30 more if i cecall correctly. It never hurts to call around to get quotes and see if someone is willing to go lower in price. This was in texas. I had a grand marquis tinted in michigan amd they wanted $285. I said that was way high and talked him down to $225 for 35 on front doors and 5% on the back windows. Best of luck on your tint shopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #552
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasaris View Post
Was going to look into getting my windows tinted soon. Anyone in SE Michigan know if Sun Shade Window Tinting http://www.sunshadeintroy.com is a good quality shop? or have any other suggestions for places that do good work and use quality films.
Detail Express, ask for Matt and tell him Jason with the Talon/Focus sent you in. Matt has done all my cars, all of my friends cars and, a good chunk of the cars on MotownMuscle.com.

SunShade would depend if Darren is working out of there again.

15% all around and 35% on the windshield.

DSC_8594 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

DSC_8600 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

DSC_8611 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

DSC_8616 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

DSC_8618 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Old 06-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #553
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
35% all around. Paid $275, the windows look good, but he damaged my door panel in the process.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #554
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KibaWolf View Post
Lol ur far from the truth, I am 20, working full time as a car tech and paying all my stuff its aint sponsored by "mommy and daddy" like u say and will never be. Those sticker are just meant to be funny, I picked them up during our weekly cars meet, its just meant to be a joke, So you should think twice before talking, smartass
There's a big difference between being grown up and "adult". Those stickers do nothing but resound immaturity and lack of respect...and your reply did nothing to change those perceptions. Also, just so you know being 20 and having a full time job doesn't make you an adult...your behavior is the judge of that. Let me break down the stickers:

1) NO FAT CHICKS - Wow. I've heard disrespecting women is one of the best ways to find the best ones. And the best way to keep them around is...

2) Four doors more whores - ...call them whores! Love this one. Not because it's funny or witty, but because it exemplifies a lack of maturity. I could see this stick on the back of a dirty 50 year old man's truck.

3) Just Get Lower!!! - Makes sense if you car is lowered...doesn't if it's not. You own an economy car, not a Murcielago. You could drive over a dog laying on and ground and his hair wouldn't even touch the undercarriage. Come on now.

4) I <3 Haters - This is my favorite. The only people that use phrases like this are people that are starved for attention and get it by doing all of the things the exemplifies immaturity. Also, hip-hop artists. Are you a hip-hop artist?

Outside of the stickers, your car and tint look great. I like the black on white look.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #555
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTalon View Post
Detail Express, ask for Matt and tell him Jason with the Talon/Focus sent you in. Matt has done all my cars, all of my friends cars and, a good chunk of the cars on MotownMuscle.com.

SunShade would depend if Darren is working out of there again.

15% all around and 35% on the windshield.
This car and the pictures of it are totally epic! I absolutely cannot get enough!

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #556
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I lucked out on cost. When I bought the car it was on its way to another local dealer who traded the Focus for another vehicle with the dealer I purchased from. My car was to be delivered to my dealer but the delivery driver wasn't told that and took it to the original dealer. When they got it apparently no one in sales told them it was to be sent to another dealer in trade and subsequently...they tinted the windows and put on clear door edge guards. When I went to pick it up I was told "the other dealer added tint and door guards which we are not responsible for and won't pay for it so, neither do you!" Free tint!! There is a God! Looks like 35% AZ legal in front and limo or close to limo on the rest. Works for me.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #557
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine ear View Post
I lucked out on cost. When I bought the car it was on its way to another local dealer who traded the Focus for another vehicle with the dealer I purchased from. My car was to be delivered to my dealer but the delivery driver wasn't told that and took it to the original dealer. When they got it apparently no one in sales told them it was to be sent to another dealer in trade and subsequently...they tinted the windows and put on clear door edge guards. When I went to pick it up I was told "the other dealer added tint and door guards which we are not responsible for and won't pay for it so, neither do you!" Free tint!! There is a God! Looks like 35% AZ legal in front and limo or close to limo on the rest. Works for me.
[IMG][IMG][/IMG]
That's a sweet windfall, free tint! Good for you ... man, I have to visit Arizona.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 06-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #558
moosehead89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50639
What I Drive: Wait.. What Day is it?

FF Reputation: 2 moosehead89 Good Standing Member
Freshly washed and tinted today. 20% All the way around.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #559
choyrl
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99906
What I Drive: 97 MustangGT,08 Corvette,12 FocusTi

FF Reputation: 1 choyrl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Just got my car back from tintcrafters of SW Denver and they used Llumar 3M tint which has been great stuff for me in the past. Got 20% all around,15% on the hatch and sunroof which was already dark so it's close to 5% now. $240 for a lifetime job.
Such an amazing difference inside the car which now feels more enclosed more now that it's darker and cooler.

Great Looks! Good luck with the car.

Can you provide a contact for the tint shop? I assume you would recommend them? No damage or mess left in your car from the tint work, right?

I've just picked up a new Ti hatch and is looking to get it tinted. I'm in Lone Tree, CO.

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #560
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Thanks and I PM'd you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks