2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 92 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #911
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggalla View Post
Follow up, I rode in my friends M7 with the DCT, V8, Twin Turbo and it was like smooth as silk with super response on start ups from a stand still and super fast clutch response changing gears. This is not what I want to make out of my car, but envy the clutch response.
have you asked how much that M7 cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #912
ronkoe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114191
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver Metallic, SE

FF Reputation: 1 ronkoe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Thanks for letting me know, ronkoe. Don't hesitate to reach out should your needs change.

Todd
Well, My Focus shudders yet, but not all the time. Frustrating. I always spoke against buying a new car because it depreciates once off the lot. Now that I bought one I'm kicking myself. I would sell this in a heartbeat but I'd loose 3 thousand bucks. Stuck. If it worked right all the time it would be a real nice car. Gets great gas mileage, nice interior, nice features, nice exterior, handles well. But why oh why did Ford miss it on the transmission? I talked with a mechanic at Ford I know and he's told me about the complaints on this problem, so I didn't even bother taking mine in for service. And even if I did take it in, since it doesn't happen all the time, I imagine finding the problem would be hard, though that would be their problem, and Ford's responsibility. If the problem gets really bad before the warranty expires, I could take a new Ford for a test drive and not return it. I would probably be arrested, but Ford would get a lot of negative advertisement, and perhaps they would learn a lesson to take care of their customers at any cost. Ahh, I'm just talking through my teeth and would never do that. Just a bit ticked off. Think I'll pray for a miracle. In fact, that's what I should have done in the first place. If Ford will not, or can't fix it, I know God can. Cheers!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #913
jonreyna
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109646
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jonreyna Good Standing Member
Per Ford: "its the characteristics of this vehicle"

http://youtu.be/9vYB7iE0WHY
Old 12-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #914
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkoe View Post
Think I'll pray for a miracle. In fact, that's what I should have done in the first place. If Ford will not, or can't fix it, I know God can.
Why pray for a miracle?
Understand the problem and address it.
I did and my (early build) DCT works flawlessly.
If you depend entirely on a dealer to resolve your issues, you may be disappointed.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #915
cuozc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107955
What I Drive: 2012 red Focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cuozc Good Standing Member
I got my transmission replaced back in Feb. Everything worked well for a few months, then the grinding sound started to come back. Just did the latest TSB (Sept one) last week. Now, everything works a lot lot better. Almost no grinding sound. Almost... Still some tiny ones during 1-2 shift. Will see if it disappears after a while. Recommend the TSB and a replacement transmission if you haven't got the ones with the new seals.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #916
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
My experience... been getting the TSB updates every time they came out. Worst one was around a year ago - grinding sound when shifting from 1st to 2nd was bad. Dealer claimed they were all doing that (but mine never did it before). Not until the Sept update did that get fixed, mostly. Still a little bit once in a while but a whole lot better.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #917
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuozc View Post
I got my transmission replaced back in Feb. Everything worked well for a few months, then the grinding sound started to come back. Just did the latest TSB (Sept one) last week. Now, everything works a lot lot better. Almost no grinding sound. Almost... Still some tiny ones during 1-2 shift. Will see if it disappears after a while. Recommend the TSB and a replacement transmission if you haven't got the ones with the new seals.
Mine (built late-12/2011) probably doesn't have the new seals. When I go in, and I've not received any official status from Ford confirming mine needs another TSB update, do I just ask for the replacement transmission citing the new seals? That seems a little weird. Are we all supposed to get the updated transmission with the new seals? I'm confused...

(ETIS' website states software information is available for my vehicle, but clicking for more info reveals it is not available at this time. So chances are good I do need the TSB update...)
Old 12-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #918
cuozc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107955
What I Drive: 2012 red Focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cuozc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Mine (built late-12/2011) probably doesn't have the new seals. When I go in, and I've not received any official status from Ford confirming mine needs another TSB update, do I just ask for the replacement transmission citing the new seals? That seems a little weird. Are we all supposed to get the updated transmission with the new seals? I'm confused...

(ETIS' website states software information is available for my vehicle, but clicking for more info reveals it is not available at this time. So chances are good I do need the TSB update...)
Here is what happened last time when they replaced mine. I took mine in due to the grinding noise. The dealer did inspection and went ahead to replace the whole transmission. This time, they did the update and the occasional grinding noise has got a lot better. They suggested a sort of "breaking in" driving for ~500 miles and see if the noise goes away completely. So far, I am very pleased with the driving experience. The shift feels very smooth. :-)
Old 12-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #919
2whluge
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 131977
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SE DSG

FF Reputation: 1 2whluge Good Standing Member
I've been following this thread for awhile. My wife's transmission was so bad she went in and negotiated a trade. I stopped her from buying another Focus as Ford could not get this one to work. The dealer tried reprogramming it, which of course did not work. I have a VW with a DSG so I know how these trans are supposed to work.

Finally, the service manager at Zumbrota Ford in MN asked to have one more crack at it. After two days of going through all the motions Ford requires for warranty work, he replaced the clutches as the seals had leaked and there was fluid on the clutches. She now has the car she wanted but hasn't had from the start. The shifts are seamless, even better than my VW. So, time will tell, but if this fixes it, we are very happy.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #920
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Its post like this that make me wonder how brand new out of the box transmission could still have so many problems.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdazmW281Y

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->