2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 85 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #841
emet59
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117915
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 emet59 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Endless Transmission Problems. Dealer says it's normal

I have had endless problems with the 2012 Focus transmission. It grinds, the car shutters and shakes, and rolls backwards on inclines. Rather than address it, the dealer showed me a service bulletin that demonstrated that thousands of people were experiencing the same problem. Rather than confirm my complains he concluded that this meant that the car was supposed to perform like this...that it was normal, and that I would have to learn to "adapt" my driving habits. Excuse me! I've been driving for almost 50 years and I know how to drive and what a car should not do. They have consistently refused to try to fix it or make it better, instead saying it's normal. I will be contacting a Lemon Lawyer here in California very soon. I have bought 3 Fords in a row. I will buy no more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #842
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by emet59 View Post
I have had endless problems with the 2012 Focus transmission. It grinds, the car shutters and shakes, and rolls backwards on inclines. Rather than address it, the dealer showed me a service bulletin that demonstrated that thousands of people were experiencing the same problem. Rather than confirm my complains he concluded that this meant that the car was supposed to perform like this...that it was normal, and that I would have to learn to "adapt" my driving habits. Excuse me! I've been driving for almost 50 years and I know how to drive and what a car should not do. They have consistently refused to try to fix it or make it better, instead saying it's normal. I will be contacting a Lemon Lawyer here in California very soon. I have bought 3 Fords in a row. I will buy no more!
I think I have seen posts about the rollback problem being handled by a TSB (technical service bulletin) that the dealers have. There are other TSB's I haveseen mentioned as well for the DCT
If you feel your dealer is blowing you off with the "everything is normal" memo, please contact Crystal, the Ford CS rep here at this board and she can get your cases escalated, like she has successfully done for many other people here.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #843
emet59
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
I think I have seen posts about the rollback problem being handled by a TSB (technical service bulletin) that the dealers have. There are other TSB's I haveseen mentioned as well for the DCT
If you feel your dealer is blowing you off with the "everything is normal" memo, please contact Crystal, the Ford CS rep here at this board and she can get your cases escalated, like she has successfully done for many other people here.
How do I contact Crytal, the Ford Rep
Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #844
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 310, Level 6
Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6 Points: 310, Level: 6
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
How do I contact Crytal, the Ford Rep
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824

What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0) Aww! Thanks, guys; finding this was a great way to start my day. It's my pleasure to do what I can to help you get the answers you need - the fact that this is an awesome community just makes my job even more enjoyable!

As always, if there's anything I can do to assist you, just let me know. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline Add to FordService's Reputation Report Post
Old 08-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #845
emet59
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyguy14 View Post
I like how you attack the guy for not knowing "that's just how transmissions are" and "have you ever driven a manual!!!" when he clearly states he drove a different focus that does not have the problem and he had 2 different service people say it's not normal. There is a difference from DSG shuttering and an entire car shaking. Thanks for all the sterling advice moose.

To the OP: I wish I could help but I'm still waiting for mine to get delivered ><
First of all, if you have a true manual clutch, you can "smooth" out the ride by controlling the amount of gas you feed. That's not an option here, so it's an inane comment. Secondly I drove a rental Focus in Boston, and it didn't do this...at all. So obviously it's not inherent to the transmission. But it sure is inherent to a lot of them apparently
Old 08-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #846
emet59
Focus Rookie

Originally Posted by emet59
I have had endless problems with the 2012 Focus transmission. It grinds, the car shutters and shakes, and rolls backwards on inclines. Rather than address it, the dealer showed me a service bulletin that demonstrated that thousands of people were experiencing the same problem. Rather than confirm my complains he concluded that this meant that the car was supposed to perform like this...that it was normal, and that I would have to learn to "adapt" my driving habits. Excuse me! I've been driving for almost 50 years and I know how to drive and what a car should not do. They have consistently refused to try to fix it or make it better, instead saying it's normal. I will be contacting a Lemon Lawyer here in California very soon. I have bought 3 Fords in a row. I will buy no more!1FAHP3E28CL451809
Old 08-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #847
MSAL12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113725
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MSAL12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by emet59
I have had endless problems with the 2012 Focus transmission. It grinds, the car shutters and shakes, and rolls backwards on inclines. Rather than address it, the dealer showed me a service bulletin that demonstrated that thousands of people were experiencing the same problem. Rather than confirm my complains he concluded that this meant that the car was supposed to perform like this...that it was normal, and that I would have to learn to "adapt" my driving habits. Excuse me! I've been driving for almost 50 years and I know how to drive and what a car should not do. They have consistently refused to try to fix it or make it better, instead saying it's normal. I will be contacting a Lemon Lawyer here in California very soon. I have bought 3 Fords in a row. I will buy no more!1FAHP3E28CL451809
Hi emet59

wow sorry to hear the issues that you are expierencing... The roll back issues has been addressed TSB in a previous post. you dealship should be well aware of this. It has been noted for some time now and its an easy fix for them. the Shutter in the transmission, i had the same issue, the dealership applied an couple of updates on 2 seperate issues. once the issue resurfaced they replaced the dular clutch packs. That was almost 5000 Km's ago... not an issue since. the car feel and acts fantastic!

I live in Canada, so if the issue wasnt resolved i would have call Ford Canada for assistance. If you have read enough of the posts in this section they mention a few names that you can contact.... Ford reps... Customer realations rep.... They are eager to help. The dual clutch issue is a huge concern for ford and its bad publicity for them not to correct the issue. Find a Customer Rep for your area by calling either ford canada or US. they in turn will call the ford dealership and have this resolved for you.

Hope this helps, take care
Old 08-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #848
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,140, Level 34
Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34 Points: 3,140, Level: 34
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi folks!

If you're experiencing this concern and you live in the United States, send me a private message (PM) so I can check out options to help. Include your basic information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) in the message.

If you live in Canada, send my colleagues Saskia and Bianca a PM at FordServiceCA. They're specifically on this forum to help out those of you north of the border. Be sure to include the same info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) in your PM.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 08-21-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #849
biwman13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118175
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 biwman13 Good Standing Member
has anyone had this issue fixed and did it actually make a difference? were you charged for any repairs
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #850
MSAL12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113725
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MSAL12 Good Standing Member
I have had the clutch pack replaced about 6000 Km's ago. My 12' Focus runs so smooth. its awesome. I was not charged for the repair.

Bookmarks & Social Networks