2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 83 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #821
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevandroid View Post
I had the same shuddering issue and they did the same thing for my car last year and the problem seemed to be gone. Now, a year later the same problem is back and they have scheduled me for another clutch replacement...
Hi jeevandroid,

Give Ford Canada a call at 1-800-565-3673 so they can jump in and assist. Keep us posted on your outcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech77 View Post
...About 100 miles ago it started to have a faint grind while shifting through 1-2-3 gears as well as backing up in R. It also shutters in first gear and has the now and agian, jerk shift in different gears. Im set to go to the dealer tomorrow...
Send a PM my way, aptech77, so I can check out some ways to help. To get started, I'll need your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #822
ellisd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115019
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatch Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 2 ellisd Good Standing Member
Well now in the same boat as most. Yesterday at 14k km I heard the grinding while driving in a parking lot. Wife said it was doing it today on her drive to work. Went into my ford dealer and explained it and the service person it definitely shouldn't be grinding so I am bringing it in on Thursday. I asked her if she has seen many come in and she said no. She didn't even really know about the dct as I explained its an auto but manual and explained that it sounded like someone new at driving stick trying to shift without clutching. We shall see how the dealer treats me but I'm already expecting to have to go in a few times.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using FF Mobile
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #823
ellisd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115019
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Hatch Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 2 ellisd Good Standing Member
Well took it in and they did nothing. Gave me the normal pamphlet about how everything is normal blah blah. I figure I'm just gonna keep driving it and if it completely fails then there it is. Its under warranty but just a huge pain in the rear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using FF Mobile
Old 07-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #824
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Going back to the dealer today. The shutter is gone but now it jerks in the 3rd gear. It like driving stick shift with somebody that doesn't know how to drive stick shift. Boo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdazmW281Y
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #825
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisd View Post
Well took it in and they did nothing...
Hi ellisd,

Have you contacted Ford Canada so they can assist? Give them a call at 1-800-565-3673; they're in the best position to help.

Quote:
Going back to the dealer today. The shutter is gone but now it jerks in the 3rd gear. It like driving stick shift with somebody that doesn't know how to drive stick shift. Boo!
Let us know how things go at the dealership, aptech77. You know how to reach me if you need assistance.

Crystal

Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #826
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks you, will do. Dealer seams helpfull.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #827
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Dealer says the car drives normal and there is no jerking in 3rd gear that he can feel. B.S. Now I need to stop in after work today and take the technician for a test drive to show him what I'm talking about. Nobodys got time fo' that. Starting to get pissed with Ford. Ford you need to step up to the** plate and fix this pos.__________________

Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #828
Rock_
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101750
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 Rock_ Good Standing Member
Horrible Service From Ford Canada

Just spoke to Manager Nancy at Ford Canada as my car has had nothing but problems from the first day I got it.

It's sitting in the dealer's lot as they are trying to fix it again - week 2.

Ford Canada just gave me the worst service I have ever had. They refused to escalate my concerns any higher. Nancy told me that she is as high as I can go. (I would think Dianne Craig would differ.)

Car is so unsafe it's ridiculous and it is spending most of it's time in the dealership. (They gave me a cheap Chevy to drive. The only bonus is that the air conditioning on the Chevy actually works.)

I could go on and on...wondering if anyone has Ford Corporate Office contact numbers I can call...before I do my own research.

Trying to give Ford every chance to resolve my safety and related concerns, but so far they don't care. Going to try to get help through Corporate Directors and if that fails..I guess no choice but to go through the media.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #829
Rock_
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101750
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 Rock_ Good Standing Member
Horrible Service From Ford Canada

Just spoke to Manager Nancy at Ford Canada as my car has had nothing but problems from the first day I got it.

It's sitting in the dealer's lot as they are trying to fix it again - week 2.

Ford Canada just gave me the worst service I have ever had. They refused to escalate my concerns any higher. Nancy told me that she is as high as I can go. (I would think Dianne Craig would differ.)

Car is so unsafe it's ridiculous and it is spending most of it's time in the dealership. (They gave me a cheap Chevy to drive. The only bonus is that the air conditioning on the Chevy actually works.)

I could go on and on...wondering if anyone has Ford Corporate Office contact numbers I can call...before I do my own research.

Trying to give Ford every chance to resolve my safety and related concerns, but so far they don't care. Going to try to get help through Corporate Directors and if that fails..I guess no choice but to go through the media.

Hope others are having a better experience.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #830
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Dealer says the car drives normal and there is no jerking in 3rd gear that he can feel. B.S. Now I need to stop in after work today and take the technician for a test drive to show him what I'm talking about...
Hi aptech77,

I checked out your case and see that your CSM has been trying to reach out to you regarding your case. Let me know when you talk with her next or if you have any difficulty contacting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_ View Post
Just spoke to Manager Nancy at Ford Canada as my car has had nothing but problems from the first day I got it...
Hi Rock_,

Since you're in Canada, your best bet will be to continue working with your dealership and your contact at Ford Canada. I know they'll do all they can to help.

Crystal

Bookmarks & Social Networks