2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 81 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #801
MYMOBILE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115259
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 MYMOBILE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What I find is that when the car is shuddering if I use the manual gear shift around town and dhift at 2000RPM the shuddering becomes unnoticable. Then the car seems to have a smooth ride in automatic.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #802
enthusiast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115456
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 enthusiast Good Standing Member
Smile

Hey all. I'm new here but I wanted to share my experience with this issue. I bought a 2012 Focus SEL hatch that was a used rental car with 36k miles. I started to notice the hesitation in first gear so I took it in and right away they said they were told by Ford to replace the clutch assy because its defective and leaky. I dropped it off at 9am and they said it would take about 6 hours but later told me its taking much longer than they expected so I will get my car back tomorrow.

My hesitation was never really that bad and I loved my car anyways but figured I'd get it checked out and am glad I did now.

I'll let you know how it turns out when I get my car back.

Update: They replaced my dct and applied TSB 11-12-13 and it seems to be good for now. I only put 10 miles on it so far but I've really stepped in it hard and it hasn't let me down yet. Feels like a fun car again! Attached a copy of what they did if anyone is curious

Update day2: drove another 50miles or so in it mix of city and highway with lots of spirited driving mixed in there and it's working great! I'm having a great time driving it again.
Attached Images

Last edited by enthusiast; 06-07-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Update on day2
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #803
VanceVEP72
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115153
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White 5-Dr Hatchback SE

Points 222, Level 4
Points: 222, Level: 4 Points: 222, Level: 4 Points: 222, Level: 4
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 VanceVEP72 Good Standing Member
At least when Nissan was having issues with their 1st Gen CVTs in the Sentras, they extended the transmission warranty to 10 years/120K miles (http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2). This at least provided to me some reassurance that Nissan was willing to stand behind their CVTs and that if I experienced an issue they would still be there in the future to help me out. Maybe Ford needs to do this with the DCT so we don't feel like they're just counting down the months/miles until they are relieved of responsibility.

When my 2008 Sentra was having CVT issues at 45K miles, they replaced the entire CVT as a courtesy even though there were no codes thrown (was having issues with CVT not fully engaging after an emergency stop). There was no haggling or "we can't duplicate the issue". They just took care of it with a new CVT.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #804
Robonaut
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90733
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Robonaut Good Standing Member
Brought my Focus in again this week because of shuddering/grinding. Surprise, surprise, they found oil in the clutches.

So, those are now getting replaced (and it's going to take them three days to do it!).

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue until my lease is up next year.

I can't wait to get rid of this car and get one with a manual transmission...
Old 06-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #805
MYMOBILE
Focus Rookie

If you have a 2011 or 2012 Ford Focus have the dealer replace the clutch, there is a clutch housing issue in these years where the housing leaks on the clutch. Which causes the shudder. I just had mine done & makes a huge difference.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #806
CR2Motorsports
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115876
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL RED

FF Reputation: 1 CR2Motorsports Good Standing Member
Throttle tip hesitation stutter

New to the board here, and been trying to get an idea if my wife and I's 2012 Focus SEL Sedan falls under the trans problem catagory.

When taking off, it seems for a brief second or two, that it hesitates or stutters then goes.

Like the trans got down shifted a gear with no rpms or clutch, if you was running a manual car. Kinda shudders or bucks.

Also a couple of times it seemed to roll back from a stop while taking off on an incline.

Is it the trans issue that"s in the TSB?
Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #807
MYMOBILE
Focus Rookie

Yes sounds like the same problem.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #808
CR2Motorsports
Focus Rookie

Thanks MYMOBILE

Does anyone have that TSB bulletin # so I can show it to the Service Rep?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #809
enthusiast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115456
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 enthusiast Good Standing Member
that sounds exactly like the issue I described to the dealer for my"12 SEL hatch and they fixed me up. look for my post on the previous page, I put the actual repair work print out picture in the post. now my car works great
Old 06-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #810
CR2Motorsports
Focus Rookie

enthusiast

You and the your fellow "enthusiasts" seemed to be on this , and I wanted to thank you for your quick responses.

Now with that said, I have your TSB # 11-12-13 and the repair, but I have also seen TSB # 13-04-05 are they the same or a better updates?

Should I mention these two to my service rep, just want the Focus to be fixed right.

Also since it sounds like the trans comes out for this TSB to be fixed, does Ford supply a rental car with no charge to us?

again thanks

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.