2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 79 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #781
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
If the dealership does the job correctly, yes.

Unfortunately, the track record for the typical Ford dealership doesn't seem very good.

In my case, replacement of the clutch packs resulted in a vibration in the even-gear clutch. I am still plagued by this problem, Ford will not fix it.

OH, and welcome to the Focus Fanatics Mk3 TSB, Recalls, and Problems forum- the happiest place on earth!
Well for what it is worth reading you posts prompted me to trade my car in at 3k mikes. No problems yet so I getting out while I can.......I am soon on my way to "brand y" to see what kind of trade in price I get. I'll keep ya posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #782
focussel12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113865
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL sedan silver

FF Reputation: 1 focussel12 Good Standing Member
Hi guys im new to the ford focus family i have a 2012 sedan sel and wanted to know a little about this transmision trouble that i keep reading about my car does stall a little but got use to it and i put in an after market air filter sound good different that what im use to but good but would like for u guys to give me a idea what to look for ok thanks
Old 04-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #783
omahafocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113082
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se ,blue candy, hat

FF Reputation: 1 omahafocus Good Standing Member
Angry Not happy at all with Ford

My car has 40k miles on it was just told by my ford dealer the parts for my ford focus where back ordered till June 30th 2013 this is not acceptable from my for dealer Woodhouse in Blair,ne.... My dealer ordered all the parts for the transmission to rebuild wouldn't it make more sense to buy a new transmission than making a customer three months to have fixed I am not happy .. I've been a loyal customer owned four fords ...
Old 04-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #784
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Wow unreal. They must be going through those things like crazy.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #785
n5ssh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113964
What I Drive: 2012, Silver, Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 n5ssh Good Standing Member
Shake, rattle and roll?

When I test drove mine, the salesman told me that all the hesitation, rattling and sputtering would go once the transmission was broken in which would be about 1500 miles. Well, I'm at 8000 miles now and those earlier symptoms just got worse. Took my car into the dealership service department and was told that they looked at everything and all was okay and that they also observed the same hesitation, rattling and sputtering. They told me that this was normal behavior for this type of transmission and handed me a document supposedly from Ford that pretty much backed their statement. They also said "this is Ford, not us". I called the relationship center and found out that there were two service bulletins that had not been applied to my car. Long story short, the car is currently having those two bulletins applied and I'm waiting for the call to pick it up. Hoping that this will at least make it somewhat more of a pleasure to drive because what I had before just scared the heck out of me. If problem is not resolved what other options do I have?
Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #786
penet05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 111308
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 penet05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by n5ssh View Post
When I test drove mine, the salesman told me that all the hesitation, rattling and sputtering would go once the transmission was broken in which would be about 1500 miles. Well, I'm at 8000 miles now and those earlier symptoms just got worse. Took my car into the dealership service department and was told that they looked at everything and all was okay and that they also observed the same hesitation, rattling and sputtering. They told me that this was normal behavior for this type of transmission and handed me a document supposedly from Ford that pretty much backed their statement. They also said "this is Ford, not us". I called the relationship center and found out that there were two service bulletins that had not been applied to my car. Long story short, the car is currently having those two bulletins applied and I'm waiting for the call to pick it up. Hoping that this will at least make it somewhat more of a pleasure to drive because what I had before just scared the heck out of me. If problem is not resolved what other options do I have?
What are the those 2 TSB's?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #787
n5ssh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113964
What I Drive: 2012, Silver, Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 n5ssh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by penet05 View Post
What are the those 2 TSB's?
Not sure quite yet. Guess I'll find out when they call me to pick up the car. Speaking with the service tech I was told one was to inspect the transmission for leaks (mine didn't have any) and the other was a reprogramming of some sort. Got my fingers crossed and hopefully we'll see some improvement.

UPDATE

Just got a call from the dealership. Apparently the reprogramming did not solve the issue so I'm guessing the TSBs didn't help. They are now going to replace the clutch from what I am told. Will need to wait until tomorrow before I get the car back.

UPDATE #2

Got the car back. Both TSBs were preformed and the entire clutch was replaced. Now the jerkiness and vibrations experienced prior at stop signs and stop lights are gone. There is still some hesitation when accelerating from a stopped position but no where near the amount that was there before. The metallic clanging that I heard previously is still there. It seems to shift gears a lot smoother than before. Concern now is longevity. If it didn't last 8000 miles before, how long into the future before I experience the same symptoms again? I am expecting a call from Ford Customer Relations within the week. Let's see how it goes.

UPDATE #3

I called Ford Customer Relations because they never called me back. We made arrangements for the local dealer's service department to test drive my car for a few days in order to verify my concerns. After I got my car back I was told that the vehicle behavior and performance was within specified guidelines. I guess my specifications don't count. I drove the car a few days, still hesitating and grinding (only 8000+ miles), and after it had become a constant reminder of the mistake I made purchasing the darn thing, I gave up and just traded it in for a different make (not Ford). My new car is now behaving the way I would expect it to drive, a lot roomier, and came with a few standard features that the Focus didn't have. My smart phone app where I log my fill-ups tells me that I am on par with mileage compared to the Focus. I am now happy and I probably won't see another Ford Dealership for a good long time. Adios Focus!

Last edited by n5ssh; 07-18-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #788
MSAL12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113725
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MSAL12 Good Standing Member
Hi All

I just the car back from the shop. Ford replaced the cluth packs and a couple of seals. I drove the car yesterday for about 2 hours hoping to feel some shudder or hear some noise from the transmission. Nothing, notta.... The car is back to being awesome. I'll update in a few weeks if any strange happenings return but i think not
Old 05-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #789
jonreyna
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109646
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jonreyna Good Standing Member
Purchased a used 2012 focus titanium with 21k miles on the 1st of this year, 500 miles later had a transmission failure, dealer told this one was not the first one for this car clutch pack replaced, then 500+ miles later the tranny was acting up little by little was getting worst, 1500 miles later dealer replaced the clutch pack, now 600 miles later I can feel the clutch pack starting to make some noise, hesitation..
so 3 tranny failures as far as I know.. maybe more than 3.
well any way here is a copy of the TSB they did on my car from April.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #790
MSAL12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113725
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MSAL12 Good Standing Member
thanks jonreyna for replying to the thread. So far so good. I cant say how mnay KM i have put on but its not many. Keeping my fingers crossed... Thats pretty sad that you have gone through 3 tranny replairs and still continue to have issues. I will check my invoice to what was all performed on mine but it if i recall, it was the clutch packs and 2 seals... i think that was it. I have noticed that since hte fix, the car seems slughish. I read in one of the forums that Ford can update the ECu to have the car perform better. I would prefer the performance over fuel savings.... im sure the fuel loss would not be that great. After all it a 2.0. Let me know how it all turns out so i can keepo a better eye on mine

Bookmarks & Social Networks