2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 78 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #771
omahafocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113082
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se ,blue candy, hat

FF Reputation: 1 omahafocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wink woodhouseford

My car is acting up at lower gears. started with the more miles it has gotten on it . the day before I was told it was normal this morning they sent me information about the transmission on the new cars great information told me if I feel its worst they will take a look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #772
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahafocus View Post
My car is acting up at lower gears. started with the more miles it has gotten on it . the day before I was told it was normal this morning they sent me information about the transmission on the new cars great information told me if I feel its worst they will take a look at it.
Keep me posted, omahafocus. If you need me to step in and help, I'm just a PM away. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #773
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 528, Level 10
Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Yeah, that handout should really be given to people prior to purchase.

It should also say that it's normal to have problems. And that if you do have a problem, take it to a dealership, so they can tell that it's normal.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #774
omahafocus
Focus Rookie

My car is at dealer they are trying to reprogram the transmission which was done in the past
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #775
omahafocus
Focus Rookie

Today wood house ford is trying to reprogram the transmission which was done already at baxter ford
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #776
omahafocus
Focus Rookie

Just got a call thus morning they are going to have to replace the parts in the transmission were bad
Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #777
CamoChck
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111318
What I Drive: 2012 red ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 CamoChck Good Standing Member
Thumbs down

This will be the third time that my car has been in the shop for the same problem. This time it happened when i was pulling out from a stop sign and could have been hit by oncoming traffic. If you accelerate the car will go to 5000 rpms and almost not move. As soon as i could i pulled over to the side of the road and turned the car on and off. that always fixes it temporarily. I always have problems with shaking and shifting in low gears. Im 19 years old and i pay 350 dollars a month for a car that doesnt work properly and could potentially harm my safety? no thank you. After this last time of it being in the shop we are taking action and persuing the lemon law here in ohio. We bought the car so that i wouldnt have to worry about fixing anything while i am commuting to school. But once every two weeks we now have to switch vehicles around and make time to take it back into the shop. such an incovienence.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #778
fassman316
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113723
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 fassman316 Good Standing Member
Hello all

First time poster here, and Focus owner since 2005. My first Focus was a 2004 SE. Absolutely loved that car, and had plenty of good miles left on it, but unfortunately had to part with it long before I wanted due to an accident. So that brings me to my new Focus- a 2012 SEL hatchback.

This is a beautiful car, inside and out, and I love it. Currently has 32,000 miles on it. Unfortunately, however, I've run into the same problem. SOMETIMES it will feel like it's going to stall while sitting at a red light. And SOMETIMES it will accelerate roughly, but once it gets much above 20-25 mph, it runs absolutely fine. However, sitting at a red light wondering if your new car is going to stall is frustrating to say the least.

I've done some poking around the internet, and I read somewhere that the transmission takes time to adjust to your driving habits, almost like a "breaking in" period. But I'd expect that in a brand new car, not a 2012 with 32,000 miles on it. And I can't believe that the almost-stalling thing is supposed to be "normal". At the first chance I get, I'm going to take it to the dealer to have them take a look at it, and hopefully they can at least remedy the sputtering while idling.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #779
MSAL12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113725
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 MSAL12 Good Standing Member
Hello

I have been experiencing a shudder in the transmission for the past week or two. I went to the dealership yesterday and they are going to replace the clutch packs. i have read people complaiing about the transmissions here. Will replacing the clutch packs correct the issue or is there a larger problem at hand? Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #780
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 528, Level 10
Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAL12 View Post
Will replacing the clutch packs correct the issue or is there a larger problem at hand? Thanks
If the dealership does the job correctly, yes.

Unfortunately, the track record for the typical Ford dealership doesn't seem very good.

In my case, replacement of the clutch packs resulted in a vibration in the even-gear clutch. I am still plagued by this problem, Ford will not fix it.

OH, and welcome to the Focus Fanatics Mk3 TSB, Recalls, and Problems forum- the happiest place on earth!

Bookmarks & Social Networks