2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 53 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #521
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Let us know how it goes.
Haha, like you have to worry about that...

"How can you tell if a Focus owner has a bad clutch pack? Don't worry - he/she will g tell you."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #522
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyherald View Post
Despite the trans it's a nicer ride than the Japcrap and Ford copycats Hyundais and Kias.
Lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #523
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeFocusOwner View Post
Hi Crystal,

I tried sending you a PM. It may have gone through, but I don't see it listed in my sent messages. I will try sending it again, but let me know if you do not receive it.

Thanks,
FirstTimeFocusOwner
Hey there,

I definitely got your PM and I responded, so check your inbox for my reply. If you have any other questions, you know how to reach me!

Have a great day,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #524
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st-Ford View Post
.......Break in period I have a 2012 FORD FOCUS my first mind you,
I have over 8700 miles now and yes it gets worse! I think i am passed the break in period now. Reverse is affected as well, when you press on the gas pedal lightly vehicle does not move, apply more pressure it lurches back if your not quick you will hit the vehicle behind you. Now I just shift into Neutral and push it back...
Hi 1st-Ford,

I want to get your regional customer service manager involved. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get your information into the right hands and ensure your CSM reaches out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redngreedy View Post
I'm at around 23K miles. My trans was "ok" till the update. It got worse over time and now it's falling on it's face, especially in the cold mornings, or after sitting in traffic. Took it to the dealer last week and with no questions asked (surprised) they are going to replace the clutches. The parts will be here first of the week, dropping it off Wednesday to get repaired.

I really hope this fixes the problem. I liked the car the day i drove it off the lot, now it's a pain in the ass.
Hi redngreedy,

I'm glad to hear that your Focus was repaired! If you experience any issues in the future, I'd be happy to step in and see how I can help. I'm always just a PM away.

Thanks everyone!
Crystal

Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #525
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

UPDATE: My dealer called and said they his tech could only get it to rattle once, so I told him if he couldn't find a hill to climb to just shift it into second as soon as he could and give it some gas. I guess they'll be keeping my car an extra day, though. *fingers crossed!*
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #526
Rockyherald
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100151
What I Drive: 2012 ZX5 SEL SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 Rockyherald Good Standing Member
Drove my car today and no shuttering problems and acceleration from a stop is quick with no hesitation. 1,500 miles on it now.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #527
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
UPDATE: My dealer called and said they his tech could only get it to rattle once, so I told him if he couldn't find a hill to climb to just shift it into second as soon as he could and give it some gas. I guess they'll be keeping my car an extra day, though. *fingers crossed!*
Thanks for the update, PratoN. If you need my help, you know how to reach me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyherald View Post
Drove my car today and no shuttering problems and acceleration from a stop is quick with no hesitation. 1,500 miles on it now.
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your ride, Rockyherald! Should you need my services in the future, I'm always just a PM away.

Crystal

Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #528
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Haven't heard back from them yet, but I realized that this experience reminded me of one time when I went to the doctor... Note: This story is kind of gross.

First off, I'm not one to go to the doctor, but I knew something was up so I wanted to get some medication. The doctor told me it was a virus and to “walk it off.” I went back 3 days later telling him I couldn’t swallow (I drove home from work spitting into a cup because I had a splitting pain in my throat and ear every time I tried to swallow.) I suggested it might be a peritonsillar abscess because it was only 1 side of my throat that hurt. He was like “No, those aren’t common.” He tested me for strep and mono and they both came back negative. But he gave me some steroids to help cope with the pain/swelling (which totally helped, btw) but by the time the steroids ran out (it was only like 3 days-worth or something) the throat pain came back full-force. I eventually scheduled an appointment with another doctor but the abscess ended up draining itself the morning of the appointment. She wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic to take care of whatever might have been left.

WebMD = FocusFanatics
Strep/Mono Test = TSB
Steroids (“Band-Aid”) = Software Update(s)
Abscess draining itself = Oil Leak
Antibiotics = New Clutch

I was furious in both of these situations because I (my car) was CLEARLY sick (broken) but because there was no definite answer, there is no definite solution? The dealer agreed that the noises are weird, but if they come back today and say they can’t perform the TSB because my bell housing isn’t leaking, doesn’t that mean they should still troubleshoot SOMETHING because it’s still broken?

Hypothetically, say my dome light starts blinking when I turn it on. It still "works" as a light - it's just different... There isn’t a TSB for that, but the dealer should still fix it, right? What makes the transmission any different (besides cost)?

Last edited by PratoN; 11-13-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #529
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Yup... they said it was a "characteristic of the transmission." I'll be paying $125 and I'm pretty sure they didn't even open it up. I'm livid.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #530
rtkba
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86938
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rtkba Good Standing Member
Unhappy Wife's Not Happy About Transmission

Wife and I both purchased 2012 Focus Titaniums, only difference is the color. Mine runs fine (although I did have numerous issues upon delivery that needed to be addressed), but hers not so fine. The transmission shakes when coming to a stop and taking off from a stop. Just got it back from the dealer who said everything is OK, and that "there are a lot worse Focus transmissions out there." They did do something with it, and told her she would need to drive it a few weeks for it to re-learn her driving habits. It shuddered as soon as she left the lot, so we are not optimistic. This has completely turned her off on all Ford products. Hopefully, this issue may go away, but we doubt it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks