2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 41 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #401
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minitaz1 View Post
My wife and purchased a 2012 Ford Focus, and right off the bat we felt the shudder/hesitation when starting from a stop or at low rpm's. We returned to the dealer to drive another veh. and was told by the dealership rep. that they all do it...
Hey minitaz1,

Congratulation on the Focus!

Taking your vehicle to the local Ford dealer is a great decision. When you do so, send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN so I can get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrz View Post
Yep. Mine has done this too...I only have 600 miles on my SEL hatch, so I'll wait until ~1000 miles or so before discussing this with the dealer.
ericrz,

The Focus is designed to smooth out as time goes by. If the shuddering increases, don't hesitate to make an appointment with the local Ford dealer, and shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueluvr View Post
New here, almost ordered a '12 SE manual. Decided against it and joined up as my sister just got a new '12 SE auto even after I pleaded with her to wait until the '13 came out...
Afternoon Torqueluvr,

Iím delighted to know of your interest in the 2013 Focus. Research is imperative when making a vehicle decision. I consider this forum to be a wealth of information utilized by current and new owners to enhance their ownership experience. The concerns stated on the site by various family members are diligently addressed by Ford Motor Company. I hope you will also frequent the various threads stating the ownership delight of posters in order to have a balanced view. You can keep up to date via: Media.Ford.com for any and all news about the Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shudder View Post
I've been in my '12 Titanium now since March 18th. I came to these forums precisely because of the DCT shudder issue. I, too, took my car back to the dealership within a week of owning it where it was flashed (so there may indeed have been real trouble with mine), but the more I drive this type of tranny, the more I am turning into a believer of it...
Hey shudder,

My thanks for your comment!

When you have a moment, please share it with other family members on Ford Social.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
Not all first year Foci have issues, as mine did not! Though I recently had the wiper recall and Steering TSB performed, and now the car drives and shifts even better than before. Since the Steering TSB has nothing to do with the transmission, I can only assume that they disconnected the battery and it reset things.
DEREKC,

Sounds as though youíre in the hands of a great dealer! Continue working with them, and give the Ford of Canada Customer Service Relationship Center a call at 1.800.565.3673 when you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usinope View Post
I took my 2012 Focus SE in to the service department at my Ford Dealership a couple of days ago to address the rough idle, rough shifting and shifting noises that have been described in this thread. The service department reprogrammed the PCM and TCM ( and ABS while they were at it)to the most recent updates. I've only had my vehicle back since yesterday afternoon, but I noticed an immediate improvement...
Hey usinope,

This is fantastic! I'm looking forward to further great Focus accolades from you.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #402
Tbone322
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98970
What I Drive: Grey 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Tbone322 Good Standing Member
I just bought a used 2012 Focus with 22,000 miles on it. The transmission definitely has a little hesitation in it at low speeds and I also notice a rough idle at times when my foot is not on the brake. I've read people talk about getting their car re-flashed, is this something I should look in to? How do i know if I have the most recent software? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #403
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Go to a dealership and have them enter the car VIN into their service system. They will be able to tell you what updates if any have been performed. Have them take care of all of the required service issues.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #404
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone322 View Post
I just bought a used 2012 Focus with 22,000 miles on it. The transmission definitely has a little hesitation in it at low speeds and I also notice a rough idle at times when my foot is not on the brake....
Hey Tbone322,

Itís a pleasure to meet you!

Give the local Ford dealer a call to have the "shakes" diagnosed; theyíll also be able to tell you the most recent updates on your Focus. I can add another layer of assistance by contacting the Customer Service Manager for your area. Please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Have a great evening!

Noemi

Old 05-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #405
visioncarpentry.nl
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90911
What I Drive: 2012 focus grey

FF Reputation: 1 visioncarpentry.nl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrizzard View Post
I've had my new Ford Focus for less than 2 months. I'm about to take it back to the Northside Ford Service Center in San Antonio, which will make my fourth time to have it back in service since I bought it. At very low speeds, like in stop-and-go driving, with light breaking pressure, the car shakes and shutters. At first I was told it's just the way the new transmissions are. I drove to another dealership and drove another Focus. The problem was not there. So I took it back in and was they given a copy of a service bulletin that says the shuttering problem will soon clear up and the clutches needed time to break in. The problem got worse. I took it back in a third time, and on the way a cooling fan motor burned up, and after a week they said the cooling fan motor was replaced and the shuttering couldn't be felt. Well I drove it off the lot, turned around, and asked the service rep to go for a ride. When I showed him what I had been experiencing he was wide-eyed and went back in to get the transmission expert who also took a ride and said that's a real problem because our legs were shaking inside the car. The tech then agreed that he would not be happy paying $21,000 for a car that acted this way. So now, I'm leaving it at the service center again. Oh, and the trans tech now says he thinks if may be a braking problem. Has anyone experienced the same thing? I'm very, very close to just parking it and hiring a lawyer. I feel taken for a ride, and not in a Ford Focus.
50,000 k om mine now and i have had the same issues that you have had and i had been given the same run around. i have brought my car to several dealers because i hate being called a liar. my car is so bad it hesitates in the middle of passing on the hill, the rpm will spike and i wont gain any speed same thing happens from a stop in the middle of an intersection its to the point now where i think its unsafe to drive. completely unsatisfied with ford if i could afford it i would drop it off at the lot where i bought it and throw them the keys. wondering now if anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit??? i see pages and pages of people with the exact same problems.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #406
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Print out the TSBs & Recalls. Go in and make and explain that you are experiencing all of these problems. Have them review and apply all of the recalls and updates. If you have this done, you won't have the problems anymore.

I still say that I never really experienced any problems, but now I barely feel the car shift gears at all. Its super smooth!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #407
visioncarpentry.nl
Focus Rookie

where do i find the tsb's and recalls?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #408
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

http://forums.focaljet.com/new-focus...ce-thread.html

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286870
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #409
visioncarpentry.nl
Focus Rookie

Ford focus tranny issues

Ok guys, heres the down low on the 2012 tranny issues, ford bought a computer program from an engineer, paid the guy and never seen him again. The program is full of problems but they are starting to get them figured out there are a couple tsb's and recalls for the issues so if your having trouble bring the car in and have them preform the new work. As for the new ones being built. They are coming off the line with these issues fixed. Mine ia going in tomorrow to be fixed I will report how it works for everyone to see. Hope this helps.
Mitch
Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #410
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioncarpentry.nl View Post
50,000 k om mine now and i have had the same issues that you have had and i had been given the same run around. i have brought my car to several dealers because i hate being called a liar. my car is so bad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioncarpentry.nl View Post
...Mine ia going in tomorrow to be fixed I will report how it works for everyone to see. Hope this helps...
Hi visioncarpentry.nl,

Pleasure to meet you!

Taking the Focus to the local Ford dealer is a great step. Keep me posted on the results of the visit. You may also contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center, and have the concern documented. Give them a call at 1.800.565.3673.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
...I still say that I never really experienced any problems, but now I barely feel the car shift gears at all. Its super smooth!!!
DEREKC,

Happy to know your enjoying the Focus!

Take care!

Noemi

Bookmarks & Social Networks