2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 36 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #351
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrill3 View Post
Haven't taken it in yet (Monday) but was told on the phone that I was pretty much crazy. So distracted by the problems with the car and trying to see if I could replicate them, I missed a turn coming home and drove 20 miles out of my way. The car has never behaved better. I'll do the VIN etc when I get blown off Monday. Thanks for responding.

Hey Verrill3,

What's the status of your visit? Did it go well? Please let me know.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #352
toaster_55
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95576
What I Drive: 2012 blaze yellow se sport

FF Reputation: 1 toaster_55 Good Standing Member
ive experienced that and more

i bought my focus in July and the first day i brought it home the satellite radio cut out on me and when i parked in the drive way and went to get out and lock it the key fob wouldn't work. then came the shuttering from the tranny but it comes and goes and everyone is telling me this is normal. then my sync system doesn't recognize what im saying or my father or my brother. ive had it in 4 time for this and when its there, beings as their intermittent problems, they cant diagnose them. i hit 17 thousand kilometers and my i was coming out to the edge of the road to stop and look both ways, to bad my car didn't feel the same way. the car refused to come out of 2nd gear started jolting around due to the fact it hand left 2000 rpm tried to go hit it into neutral but couldn't went for the key and couldn't because it was jolting around so bad. by this time i was on the road and someone was coming at my drivers door so i gave up on the brake and tramped on the gas and he missed me by inches. this had happened three times now and almost resulted in 2 accidents. no one can seem to fix it either due to its "intermittent" tendency. also ive been keeping track of my fuel mileage by keeping track of kilometers traveled and liters used and im averaging 31 mpg. according to my window sticker that's very far off from what im supposed to be getting. aka this is by far the worst car i have ever had i am afraid to drive it by myself let alone with people in it because i DO NOT FEEL SAFE!....its now been at the dealership for 3 days and i hope i never have to drive that P.O.S again
Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #353
nathalia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95773
What I Drive: 2012, black, ford focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 nathalia Good Standing Member
Hi FordService and hgrizzard,

I purchased my Ford Focus on November 5th 2011 and am experiencing the EXACT same problems and issues, my car shakes uncontrollably when the car is idle, every time i accelerate i hear a rattling noise coming from the engine and the gears jerk violently. I have spoken to numerous ford reps,who offered me an extended warranty and or to reimburse my first month's payment. I was advised against it by the lemon law office because they explained that accepting it would have prevented me from being able to pursue the issue further. I have taken the vehicle into 2 different dealerships a total of 5 times. The vehicle has been repaired 3 times and has spent more time in service than in my possession. I also received a document explaining how the 'new' transmission works and how it may take some time to "break in". I have about 4,000 miles on the car and have yet to feel it "smooth" out, in fact it is getting worse.

I am beyond frustrated not only because nobody likes to have a car feel unsafe, nobody wants to take time out of their workday time and time again to have to go to the dealership or write letters to Ford and the Lemon Law offices (which I have spent so much time doing), and what's worse is that I'm not a 59 year old man who is knowledgeable about transmissions...I am a twenty six year old woman who gets treated like an idiot when I continue to complain about these very serious and valid issues. I am trying my best to educate myself on the issue in a mechanical perspective, but the fact is after all I've had to deal with I do not want this car. I DO NOT FEEL SAFE driving this car. I live in San Francisco and having what is supposed to be an automatic car roll backwards on hills when i am driving is not ok.

Im hoping someone out there will HELP ME. I don't want another "We're going to figure out if there's something really going on with your car and fix it" or a "unfortunately, these are characteristics of the vehicle." I had hoped that ford would have been a great place to purchase my first brand new car instead it has been a complete waste of time and money and has caused me an insane amount of stress and anxiety. At this point someone to help me get a new car or refer me to a good lawyer. PLEASE HELP.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #354
TamaraBC
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96269
What I Drive: 2012 Charcoal Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 TamaraBC Good Standing Member
My 2012 Focus has the same issue although it is improving. I had it into the dealership after of only one week but they said that they "didn't notice the issue". I don't know how that's possible because eveyone else who has driven it did. I am now at 6200kms and it still does it but not as frequently. It is very concerning at first but I have gotten used to it and can tell it's going away.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #355
melonie71
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96371
What I Drive: 2010, White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 melonie71 Good Standing Member
soooo FRUSTRATED!!!!!

My problem started about 2 weeks ago. i took my focus to the dealership and it was in the service dept for 1 week and 1 day. the service dept told me that they don't really have any idea what the problem is and if it happens again to let them know. 5 days after getting my car back guess what??? it's doing it again.
the problem:
-car is in drive
-rpms rev up
-speedometor doesn't move
-engine revs up and only goes about 20 mph
-stop the car turn it off and back on sometimes that helps it to start working properly

I have had my car 2 years and it has a little over 18,000 miles.
I called the dealership service dept today and he said he has to call Ford to find out what to do now and will call me back this afternoon. I said maybe i should just go ahead and bring it back in and he said no because he needs to talk to ford first.
I am regretting ever buying this car and putting my trust in a Ford.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #356
famousmortimer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96225
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 famousmortimer Good Standing Member
New 2012 Focus SEL Sedan owner as of 3/10/12. I am also seeing this shuddering. I understand there may be some sort of break in period as this car has currently less than 200 miles on it. Coming from an 2010 Focus SEL sedan and prior to that, a 2009 Focus SEL sedan, it was quite a shock in the difference of smoothness that the other cars have. All 3 have been automatics. I have an appointment at the dealership of purchase for some add-ons to the car to be installed. This issue will be brought up. Luckily, I live in a city that has several unassociated Ford dealerships. If this persists, I will take it up with them.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #357
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousmortimer View Post
New 2012 Focus SEL Sedan owner as of 3/10/12. I am also seeing this shuddering. I understand there may be some sort of break in period as this car has currently less than 200 miles on it. Coming from an 2010 Focus SEL sedan and prior to that, a 2009 Focus SEL sedan, it was quite a shock in the difference of smoothness that the other cars have. All 3 have been automatics. I have an appointment at the dealership of purchase for some add-ons to the car to be installed. This issue will be brought up. Luckily, I live in a city that has several unassociated Ford dealerships. If this persists, I will take it up with them.
This automatic is fundamentally different from those in the other cars you mention and will behave differently, even if it's working perfectly. There is something to the break-in period for the clutches and they typically do get better with time. So I'd suggest living with it for at least 1,000 miles before concluding you have a problem.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #358
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster_55 View Post
i bought my focus in July...aka this is by far the worst car i have ever had i am afraid to drive it by myself let alone with people in it because i DO NOT FEEL SAFE!....its now been at the dealership for 3 days...
Hey toaster_55,

I hear your frustration load and clear. Oy vey!

Have you attempted to contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance? If you have not, give them a try first. If you have with no results, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact and I'll see what I can do from my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathalia View Post
Hi FordService,
I purchased my Ford Focus on November 5th 2011 and am experiencing the EXACT same problems and issues...I live in San Francisco and having what is supposed to be an automatic car roll backwards on hills when i am driving is not ok....Im hoping someone out there will HELP ME...PLEASE HELP.
Hi nathalia,

I can help! I want to help! I need to help!

Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage as well as your personal and dealer contact and I'll escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area.

In the meantime, dry your eyes, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraBC View Post
My 2012 Focus has the same issue although it is improving. I had it into the dealership after of only one week but they said that they "didn't notice the issue"...
TamaraBC,

If the problem continues, give Ford of Canada a call at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance. Keep me posted on the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonie71 View Post
My problem started about 2 weeks ago. i took my focus to the dealership and it was in the service dept for 1 week ... 5 days after getting my car back guess what??? it's doing it again...
Hey melonie71,

Let me help shore up your faith in Ford.

A PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact will begin the escalation process to the Customer Service Manager in your area. Shoot me one, when you have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousmortimer View Post
New 2012 Focus SEL Sedan owner as of 3/10/12. I am also seeing this shuddering...
famousmortimer,

The Focus does have a break-in period to smooth out the transmission. Take dan50's advice, he has experience in dealing with this area. Give it some time, if after the break-in period the shuddering has not subsided or has increased, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
...So I'd suggest living with it for at least 1,000 miles before concluding you have a problem.
Thanks dan50! Your advice is appreciated.

Take care everyone! I'll be on the lookout for your PMs.

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #359
westgadawg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94576
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 westgadawg Good Standing Member
Hi Noemi, I sent in all the info and recieved a call and a case number from Ford. The only thing the guy was doing was a "go between" between me and the dealership. He basically was only repeating what the service advisor was telling me. My car stayed at the dealership 17 days the first trip in, they pulled the tranny twice to replace parts and reprogramed the car so it would idle in order to be able to drive it in stop and go traffic. The car is now in the shop again second time with tranny issues, idle issues and the newest issue, on 3 different occassions while sitting at intersections the car looses all power, you can rev the engine but you loose the tranny, you loose the steering, you loose most of the electrical and all the warning lights come on. you have to turn the ignition off then turn it back on to get everything to reset. Thats a very dangerous situation to be basically dead in the water in the middle of an intersection. The ford engineers have no idea, they are looking at software issues now. My point is, this car is a safety hazard to me to my wife and to anyone driving close to this car. At the advise of an attorney I now have a notorized letter attached to my will that states if I or any of my family die while riding in this car and it is deemed that this car was responsible, Ford is to be held accountable. I paid for a new car what Ford gave me was junk, until Ford comes clean and acknowledges this car is a lemon I will continue to express my displeasure in the 2012 Focus. The 2012 Focus has some major issues my recomendation to people looking to buy a 2012 Focus would be to look at a Fusion.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #360
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by westgadawg View Post
Hi Noemi, I sent in all the info and recieved a call and a case number from Ford. The only thing the guy was doing was a "go between" between me and the dealership. He basically was only repeating what the service advisor was telling me. My car stayed at the dealership 17 days the first trip in, they pulled the tranny twice to replace parts and reprogramed the car so it would idle in order to be able to drive it in stop and go traffic. The car is now in the shop again second time with tranny issues, idle issues and the newest issue, on 3 different occassions while sitting at intersections the car looses all power, you can rev the engine but you loose the tranny, you loose the steering, you loose most of the electrical and all the warning lights come on. you have to turn the ignition off then turn it back on to get everything to reset. Thats a very dangerous situation to be basically dead in the water in the middle of an intersection. The ford engineers have no idea, they are looking at software issues now. My point is, this car is a safety hazard to me to my wife and to anyone driving close to this car. At the advise of an attorney I now have a notorized letter attached to my will that states if I or any of my family die while riding in this car and it is deemed that this car was responsible, Ford is to be held accountable. I paid for a new car what Ford gave me was junk, until Ford comes clean and acknowledges this car is a lemon I will continue to express my displeasure in the 2012 Focus. The 2012 Focus has some major issues my recomendation to people looking to buy a 2012 Focus would be to look at a Fusion.
If you have an attorney involved I assume you've explored "Lemon Laws" in your state? This seems like exactly the situation they are intended to remedy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->