2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 35 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #341
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencochran2 View Post
In addition to my last comment, if you, Natasha, say that "and those with concerns are addressed" with sincerity, then I have been talking to the wrong people at Ford Motor Company. Everyone has just told me "You car is not a lemon. Goodbye." and I'm sick of it. If you want to prove me wrong and think you can change my mind about Fords, I would greatly appreciate a message or call. It took my car's transmission to finally fail, after only 8 months, to get the attention of someone at Ford, and all I can do now is recommend staying away from these cars.

It's sad, really, that these Focus's are the nicest looking cars with technology seen in no other cars [and at an amazing price(too good to be true?!)], but these components just don't work. And, again, if the "violent stuttering" is normal, then the people at Ford need to go back to the drawing board, because no other car I have ever driven acts that way.
You aren't the only one getting the run around on this car. It's a shame they have gone through all the denial and lost customers over it, to only come out with TSB's to address the very issues we had been previously told are normal.

It had the potential to be a great driver's car and a top seller for Ford if it didn't have all these issues. Shame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #342
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Has anyone had an issue with the clutch slipping when engaging the next gear? I have been trying to ignore it the last few days, but I think it's slipping more each day, especially when it's cold. Car has 15K miles. I really don't have any more time or patience to deal with this. The GPS chip is also dead but I have been putting that off too.

This is for the dual clutch automatic trans.

Last edited by csvt2060; 02-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #343
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackertx-17 View Post
Thats the problem with Ford dealerships, its buyer beware! you had better go thru the car make sure all the options are there and everthig works, dont take the Salesmans word for it the key to the reply is: " ask them whether or not they have been completed on the Focus". Bought mine from Webb In Indiana and they would not take it back.
Hi Trackertx-17,

If you are experiencing concerns with the Focus you feel are not satisfactorily resolved by the local Ford dealer, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, your personal, and dealer contact info and I'll have the Customer Service Manager assist.

Quote:
I saw this post and just had to add my story to this thread.
I have a 2012 Focus SE. I have had it now for 8 months. I have been having similar issues for the last 8 months, although not as severe as yours. For the last week or so, I have been seeing really big stutters and the transmission was very, VERY slow to react to changing conditions. Finally, today I went to get a quick lunch, and the gears started to grind and the car was shaking, so I immediately pulled over. I called my local dealership, talked to the manager, and was told to drive it in. When I turned on my car, the second it went into 2nd gear, it start to shake violently. I had to get it put on a flat-bed tow truck to get it in.....
Quote:
In addition to my last comment, if you, Natasha, say that "and those with concerns are addressed" with sincerity, then I have been talking to the wrong people at Ford Motor Company........
Hey Kencochran2,

Letís have the Customer Service Manager review your concern. If you like, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Has anyone had an issue with the clutch slipping when engaging the next gear? I have been trying to ignore it the last few days, but I think it's slipping more each day, especially when it's cold. Car has 15K miles. I really don't have any more time or patience to deal with this. The GPS chip is also dead but I have been putting that off too.
This is for the dual clutch automatic trans.
Hi csvt2060,

If you like, send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal, and dealer contact; I can escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager for review.

Thanks everyone!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 02-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #344
westgadawg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94576
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 westgadawg Good Standing Member
I posted a thread a couple weeks back "transmission meltdown". My car is still at the dealership getting parts replaced in the tranny. TSBs didnt work, 1st clutch replacement didnt work, now pulling tranny again to replace another clutch. I would think it would be quicker and cheaper on Ford to replace the tranny and get the car out of the service dept and get the customer back in there car. Instead Ford chooses to put band aids on the problem by pulling the tranny several times and replacing parts until they figure something out. I still dont think they have a clue. These trannys are junk and they know it they just having a hard time admitting it. If you havent bought one yet be very careful.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #345
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgadawg View Post
I posted a thread a couple weeks back "transmission meltdown". My car is still at the dealership getting parts replaced in the tranny. TSBs didnt work, 1st clutch replacement didnt work, now pulling tranny again to replace another clutch. I would think it would be quicker and cheaper on Ford to replace the tranny and get the car out of the service dept and get the customer back in there car. Instead Ford chooses to put band aids on the problem by pulling the tranny several times and replacing parts until they figure something out. I still dont think they have a clue. These trannys are junk and they know it they just having a hard time admitting it. If you havent bought one yet be very careful.
Hi westgadawg,

Pleasure to meet you!

Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and Iíll have the Customer Service Manager in review your concern.

Thanks,

Noemi

Old 02-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #346
westgadawg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94576
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 westgadawg Good Standing Member
16 days and counting without my car. Ford still has NO clue. Still replacing parts in the tranny. If you already own a 2012 Focus I hope you dont end up like me. If you are considering a 2012 Focus remember the tranny is junk. You might consider a Honda or Kia.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #347
Verrill3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95469
What I Drive: 2012 gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Verrill3 Good Standing Member
shaking but even worse -

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with 4500 miles on it. Going up a hill of any kind it makes a laboring noise, shudders and feels like it's not shifting. I've driven manuel and feel that somehow I want to help it shift.
But worse - this week the car has accelerated when I'm braking. It's only done it twice, (within about 100 miles), but that's two times too much. First time I thought my foot might have slipped; second time was exactly the same jump and I knew it wasn't me, although the dealership insists it is. They won't address the problem unless I can reproduce it with a mechanic in the car. This is a random thing; something it will probably not do on a test drive, but ask me how safe I feel in that car? Or that anyone around me should feel? I keep thinking "what if it get's worse"?
Toyota didn't think there was a braking problem either.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #348
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrill3 View Post
I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with 4500 miles on it. Going up a hill of any kind it makes a laboring noise, shudders and feels like it's not shifting. I've driven manuel and feel that somehow I want to help it shift.
But worse - this week the car has accelerated when I'm braking. It's only done it twice, (within about 100 miles), but that's two times too much. First time I thought my foot might have slipped; second time was exactly the same jump and I knew it wasn't me, although the dealership insists it is. .......
Hello Verrill3;

Welcome to the forum! You'll find excellent help and advice from your fellow posters.

Taking your Focus to the local Ford dealer was a great step. Now I can help you further with the assistance of the regional Customer Service Manager. Just send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and dealer contact info and I can begin the process.

Thanks,

Noemi

Old 02-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #349
Verrill3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95469
What I Drive: 2012 gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Verrill3 Good Standing Member
Haven't taken it in yet (Monday) but was told on the phone that I was pretty much crazy. So distracted by the problems with the car and trying to see if I could replicate them, I missed a turn coming home and drove 20 miles out of my way. The car has never behaved better. I'll do the VIN etc when I get blown off Monday. Thanks for responding.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #350
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Verrill3, try to determine if the shuddering is associated with gears 2, 4, and 6, or 1, 3, and 5, or all of them. I had to drive mine in the hills around here to absolutely identify my issue, as the clutch for gears 2, 4, and 6.

It would also do it on level ground, but required stop-n-go in town driving, to get the clutches up to temp., so the problem would arise.

Your problem may be totally different, than mine, but I've got a tad over 3K on the ODO, and it got progressively worse, since new. Good luck!

Bookmarks & Social Networks