2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #21
6SPD_soul
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53637
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 24 6SPD_soul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyguy14 View Post
Thanks for all the sterling advice moose.
Ordinarily he has some smart and poignant things to say, so cut the guy some slack.

Aside from that, anybody remember how Ford was doing extended test drives with the new cars off the line as an added "quality control" test or some shit? Now it just looks like they were definitely anticipating problems and wanted to get a head start on getting their engineers looking at fault diagnosis and solutions to problems they knew ,beyond doubt, would be present in the new cars. God forbid they should push back the release date and actually fix the problems before they sell the effing cars.

Really stupid move Ford. It's not worth getting cars out of the factory and into customers hands if you know there are a bunch of minor flaws and maybe even some significant ones, such as the transmission trouble Hgrizzard is experiencing. And I seriously doubt if his trouble is an isolated incident; with todays highly automated and precise production problems like that won't happen to just one car. That's a big deal, and if I were him I'd do everything in my power to get Ford to take the car back, it might never be right again.

Every loyal Focus owner on here is a potential customer for the new cars, and for us to immediately see a wide variety of problems has probably dissuaded a number of people from buying the new cars or recommending them to friends. I know if I were previously thinking about buying one and had the means to do so, I definitely wouldn't now, at least for another year or two.

Apologies for the rant but I've been biting my tongue for awhile. And I've got nothing but respect for the new owners and hope if they're having problems they all get resolved, but I'm frankly pissed at Ford for releasing such a significant car with so many problems they had to know were present. It's disrespectful to paying customers and ultimately counterproductive to selling more of these cars.

And nobody tell me "it's a new model, it will have problems blah blah". That used to be true but mainstream g car manufacturers can't afford to accept that thinking anymore in the information age, not if they want to sell more cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #22
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
05's were a new engine- but one of the most reliable Focis to date. Yes, and a big step backwards for Ford with the 2012 Focus. My high hopes are being squished. I'd have thought that the problems with programming on the DCT would've been figured out on last year's Fiestas. I'm still looking forward to the DCT problems being solved. Ford had issues with every technological advancement- like the inertia switch, which is one reason I went from GM to Fords, but in it's early days it caused big problems.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #23
TitaniumFred
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86524
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 TitaniumFred Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Going to weigh in here too. I've had mine now for about two weeks. I get a bit of shuddering also if I ask for too much acceleration when the car is cold. Sometimes it lurches forward like a horse stretching at the bit and then it sags and decides it's going to walk instead.

This can be dangerous when trying to merge from a stop into fast moving traffic. Going easy on the accelerator for the first few minutes helps. To me it seems less of a transmission problem than a fuel mixture problem. It feels like the fuel mixture is cycling from too rich to too lean.

What seems to help is to change the drive mode from normal to S.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #24
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

I truly understand how upset you all are with the transmission issues. I assure you that Ford reviews all documented cases, and actively works to resolve them and prevent it in the future. For those of you working with your dealers, please continue to do so. I know, no one wants to have to visit the dealer so soon on a new car, but they are best able to determine solutions. If the dealer's repair hasn't fixed your issue, please PM me with your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer so I can try to assist. Your patience would be greatly appreciated.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #25
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
The transmission works itself out during the break in period and so their does not appear to be any problem. The dual clutch system is something different that we are not accustomed too, and we have to go with it during the short break in period. It might be a good idea for Ford to have dealers explain that the shuttering is a characteristic at the beginning and not a problem.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #26
Flapster
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86833
What I Drive: 2012, Silver, SE

FF Reputation: 1 Flapster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
The transmission works itself out during the break in period and so their does not appear to be any problem. The dual clutch system is something different that we are not accustomed too, and we have to go with it during the short break in period. It might be a good idea for Ford to have dealers explain that the shuttering is a characteristic at the beginning and not a problem.
What do you consider or what is considered a reasonable break-in period? I have close to 2500 miles on mine and it appears to be getting worse, not better....
Old 06-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #27
Vrod21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86456
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo black metallic SE

FF Reputation: 3 Vrod21 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapster View Post
What do you consider or what is considered a reasonable break-in period? I have close to 2500 miles on mine and it appears to be getting worse, not better....
Ford would like you to wait 5 years or 60,000 miles.......
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #28
Flapster
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86833
What I Drive: 2012, Silver, SE

FF Reputation: 1 Flapster Good Standing Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrod21 View Post
Well played sir!!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #29
TitaniumFred
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86524
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 TitaniumFred Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrod21 View Post
LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #30
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi Flapster,

Since your concern is getting worse, it is definitely best to have it addressed. We prefer to resolve issues sooner rather than later. I have responded to your PM, and will work with you to resolve this.

DEREKC,

Thank you for the feedback on having the dealer mention the differences of the dual clutch.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks