2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 23 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #221
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Also,

Here's the difference between an irresponsible car company and a responsible one.

When Ford introduced the 2012 Ford Focus,they said from the start that almost 90% of all car produced would get the powershift transmission even if the technology is new and had some previous issues in the fiesta.To make matters worst,Ford DO NOT inspect every car coming out of the assembly line causing a lot of problems.And finally most clients are told it,s a regular automatic transmission because salesmen don't know shT about it.

On the other hand you got a Ford sister company Mazda.For 2012 ,they introduce "Skyactiv" technology in their Mazda3.First thing they did ,was to say that this has nothing o do with what's found in the 2012 Focus.And for those who doubt it,Mazda kept the old reliable engines and transmissions for this year.Also ,each Mazda are thoroughly inspected and vehicles with serious problems are sent back.

I don't say Mazda are perfect ,but those few differences are enough to keep you away from Ford forever.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #222
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
So you want ford to inspect every 2012 Focus coming off the assembly line? This isn't a Ferrari we're talking about here, it's a FORD economy car...with new technology.

If Ford had kept the new technology back from this production model then people would be complaining about the lack of new technology.

Stop production?? For what? Owners not understanding how this new transmission works? For myfordtouch issues? There are no real common serious problems with the 2012 Focus.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #223
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
So you want ford to inspect every 2012 Focus coming off the assembly line? This isn't a Ferrari we're talking about here, it's a FORD economy car...with new technology.

If Ford had kept the new technology back from this production model then people would be complaining about the lack of new technology.

Stop production?? For what? Owners not understanding how this new transmission works? For myfordtouch issues? There are no real common serious problems with the 2012 Focus.
From what I see,you DO NOT own a 2012 Focus with the powershift transmission ,so you got no clue on what we are talking about.Ford released many TSB for transmissions issues and other for vibrations and noise ,so this is not in the head of the owners.New technology is good,but when half baked it creates a lot of problems.If you want to buy my car ,it's for sale right now.You think there are no issues,so I'll make you a deal at 18000$.

As for quality control inspections ,it's something that most car company do ,and regularly some cars don't make the cut and are thrown on the side and scrapped.When you pay 1500$ of shipping and handling ,you want more than a truck ride and a car wash.If Ford want's to cut corner,no problem.But the second clients are paying for it ,there it becomes one.

If you don't know about the problems,don't come here to tell us it's all in our heads!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #224
lyonsroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
From what I see,you DO NOT own a 2012 Focus with the powershift transmission ,so you got no clue on what we are talking about.Ford released many TSB for transmissions issues and other for vibrations and noise ,so this is not in the head of the owners.New technology is good,but when half baked it creates a lot of problems.If you want to buy my car ,it's for sale right now.You think there are no issues,so I'll make you a deal at 18000$.

As for quality control inspections ,it's something that most car company do ,and regularly some cars don't make the cut and are thrown on the side and scrapped.When you pay 1500$ of shipping and handling ,you want more than a truck ride and a car wash.If Ford want's to cut corner,no problem.But the second clients are paying for it ,there it becomes one.

If you don't know about the problems,don't come here to tell us it's all in our heads!!
Nope. Definitely don't own one. Everything I have read on this forum indicates that the vast majority of powershift transmissions are functioning properly but the owners do not know how they behave therefore it is perceived as a problem. Many experienced mechanics on this forum have tried to explain it but unfortunately lots of people don't want to listen.

Maybe you personally got a bad one, but I don't believe all of the powershift transmissions are malfunctioning, or even a significant majority, certainly not enough to halt production. That's just silly.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #225
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Nope. Definitely don't own one. Everything I have read on this forum indicates that the vast majority of powershift transmissions are functioning properly but the owners do not know how they behave therefore it is perceived as a problem. Many experienced mechanics on this forum have tried to explain it but unfortunately lots of people don't want to listen.

Maybe you personally got a bad one, but I don't believe all of the powershift transmissions are malfunctioning, or even a significant majority, certainly not enough to halt production. That's just silly.
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?!?!

I've been a Ford guy all my life before buying this piece of trash.

So buy one and judge by yourself or please shut up.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #226
Darthenstein
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63587
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES

Points 1,534, Level 22
Points: 1,534, Level: 22 Points: 1,534, Level: 22 Points: 1,534, Level: 22
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Darthenstein Good Standing Member
How is this thread not locked?

Ford: Taurus ('91, 01) Focus ('09); Mercury: Sable ('95); Dodge: Neon ('95); Trek: 1000SL ('07) Yamaha: VStar 650 ('03)
Old 10-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #227
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthenstein View Post
How is this thread not locked?
Not sure I understand.Why should it be?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #228
Beepster
Banned

Quote:

Also ,
My car was in for very loud road noises and vibrations at certain speed.I never said it was a transmission issue,but Ford still replaced it for nothing.And since then ,that new transmission has been acting up,adding more problems to the car.For almost 4 months ,I got a car I cannot use for long trip because too noisy and unreliable,Ford won't replace it or give me a rental,I can't sell it because of the open work order and TSB and all I'm told is to wait until the engineers find a solution!
This car was not ready for production and never should have been sold until all bugs are solved.I lost my entire summer because of that piece of trash.The only answer I get is "we understand your frustration ,but we can't do nothing for now".

I'm far from the only one in this situation.This board is full of it.If you think this is all in our minds ,well buy one and then tell us how great your life is!!!
The second the car will be fixed and the work order will be closed.The first thing I'll do will be to buy another car ,even it means spending at least 5000$.
I don't want to do it ,but considering that this car is not reliable,I can't afford losing more time and money on this car.So,if you don't know what you're talking about ,just mind your own business !
Old 10-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #229
lyonsroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?!?!

I've been a Ford guy all my life before buying this piece of trash.

So buy one and judge by yourself or please shut up.
Definitely not going to buy one. I'm happy with my 2006 FORD Fusion.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #230
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,298, Level 35
Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35 Points: 3,298, Level: 35
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyP View Post
no my car does the same I mean... it is one thing after the other with this car first the shuttering which is bad and ford doesnt have a fix..... then the hesitation which is a saftey issue then the steering noise..... and the downhill assit has issues and now to realize the lock/unlock is goofy.
Hi ChrissyP,

I know your situation must be upsetting. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state and I will assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larcher79 View Post
my updates on my problem, brought it to a new dealership and freaked out abit, and they decided to get 2 mechanics to check it real quick, and apparently now they can feel the vibrations....
It is beneficial the dealer was able to duplicate your concern. Please contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 so they can help.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.