2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 22 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #211
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyP View Post
Oh Gezzzz.... whats the new door lock issue? lol
I'm not the only one who complain about this.If you use the remore to unlock and lock the car it works no problem.But once you start and stop the engine get out of the car and lock the door it wont work most of the time.A lot of times ,I wait 5 seconds ,press again and it work.But a few times,I need to use the key to lock the doors.And once locked than the remote can unlock and relock the door again.

A few said that "double clicking" the lock button work.With my car it does nothing.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #212
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrizzard View Post
Good morning,
Yes, I've been in a manual transmission car. I've driven autocross and hill climb events. First car was a Sunbeam then a manual tran Mustang 289. I've also bought many, many new cars and I've never experienced problems that caused me to take it back to the dealership this many times. I'm 59 years old and not a newbie to what smooth and rough rides feel like. I don't mind a harder than normal shift to gain power and economy; I just don't want to crack a tooth. Also remember, this is all happening at a constant 2 or 3 miles an hour. There is no acceleration involved. In fact, it is under very light pressure on the break, just like in a stop-and-go traffic situation. It feels like the trans can't make up it's mind if it wants to be in neutral of first gear and very quickly shutters between the two. And, the trans expert at the Ford dealership says it's not normal when he rode in the parking lot with me yesterday. He was actually astonished. Finally, I've done more than make a cell phone video of this. As the news director for a television station, I've had a photographer record the shuttering on a Panasonic P2 camera to document this whole episode. If I wind up having to post it online, I'll provide a link. I just want it fixed or my money back.
Amen!!!! Best of Luck!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #213
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I'm not the only one who complain about this.If you use the remore to unlock and lock the car it works no problem.But once you start and stop the engine get out of the car and lock the door it wont work most of the time.A lot of times ,I wait 5 seconds ,press again and it work.But a few times,I need to use the key to lock the doors.And once locked than the remote can unlock and relock the door again.

A few said that "double clicking" the lock button work.With my car it does nothing.
Wow I thought that was just me not pushing the remote lock button right! This car is really something................................. soooo disappointed!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #214
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
Wow I thought that was just me not pushing the remote lock button right! This car is really something................................. soooo disappointed!
Your car does the same or you were sarcastic?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #215
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

no my car does the same I mean... it is one thing after the other with this car first the shuttering which is bad and ford doesnt have a fix..... then the hesitation which is a saftey issue then the steering noise..... and the downhill assit has issues and now to realize the lock/unlock is goofy wow I just could scream I traded a 2010 fusion for this car....
Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #216
Beepster
Banned

Quote:
no my car does the same I mean... it is one thing after the other with this car first the shuttering which is bad and ford doesnt have a fix..... then the hesitation which is a saftey issue then the steering noise..... and the downhill assit has issues and now to realize the lock/unlock is goofy wow I just could scream I traded a 2010 fusion for this car....
Welcome to the club.I just want the car fixed so I can trade it asap for a car brand that actually know how to build a car and respect clients.It's been 15 weeks of hell that started from the first day of ownership.

What good are all the innovative crap,if in the end you can't have a car that can work right for a day.And all the stupid ads with pretend Ford owners are for nothing if real owners are unhappy and spread their anger.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #217
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Your car does the same or you were sarcastic?
Sorry no sarcasm just total frustration! Like I have said We r Ford people but this is just too much..... Have had my car in 4 times and the last time this week i was told to sit and wait no fix available and all the other issues r just normal to the car not what i expected from ford........ I feel bad for all the service techs lol
Old 10-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #218
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Welcome to the club.I just want the car fixed so I can trade it asap for a car brand that actually know how to build a car and respect clients.It's been 15 weeks of hell that started from the first day of ownership.

What good are all the innovative crap,if in the end you can't have a car that can work right for a day.And all the stupid ads with pretend Ford owners are for nothing if real owners are unhappy and spread their anger.
Ohhh I so agree!!!!!! I thought the lemon law would apply here but i guess thats why Ford has issued the do not fix rule lol Well good luck with your's maybe Ford will shock us all and do the right thing!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #219
larcher79
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90837
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus , Hatch Back, CBlue

FF Reputation: 1 larcher79 Good Standing Member
my updates on my problem, brought it to a new dealership and freaked out abit, and they decided to get 2 mechanics to check it real quick, and apparently now they can feel the vibrations.... im the one telling them what to check its kinda sad, im like yea check the engine mounts maby thats why it shakes like crap, he told me there could be some sand... or debris between my mounts.... lmao dumbest thing ive heard, if its that g easy to get debris in there.... thats a huge problem.. but they dont know... nobody knows.. they just guess and guess and give you different possibility because thats all they can do, the technology is too new and 50% of there mechanics are not able to fix a car this technical.. but anyways they said they will call me once they figured something , comming from a dealer that took them 5months to call me and tell me my 2000down never went threw and now i owe 160$ of interest, il be waiting a year guaranteed until they fix all the quirks
Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #220
Beepster
Banned

When we see all the major problems on the car, we would imagine Ford would at least stop productions for a short time or at least stop those stupid TV ads with those paid actors pretenting they traded their Toyota and Honda for a Ford.But NOPE,I did ask the question to my dealership service manager,and for Ford nothing is wrong and those of us with serious issues won't be alowed to get one of those many so called trouble free cars that I never had the chance to see.Apparently ,only the paid actors,car critics and CEO are allowed to get those.If you are stupid enough to pay for the car ,you get one of the junkers.

Thanks Ford.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.