2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 21 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #201
larcher79
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90837
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus , Hatch Back, CBlue

FF Reputation: 1 larcher79 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey, I bought a 2012 ford focus titanium, about 4months ago, traded in my f150 xtr took a bit of a loss, and the car has nothing but issues, like everybody says it shakes randomly as different speeds, only time i noticed it does not shake is pass 120 km/h , shakes like a leaf around 60-85, also first 2 months my whole center counsel system that controls everything, died.... module cost like 4000$ to fix, lucky i got the 6 year, top warranty , and i brought it in the Northbay dealership and they said there is no problem with the vehicle.... are u kidding me? what i am to do now?, is there a way to get a damn refund on this piece of shit or what, il take my truck back any day, im already looking into trading it in at a dealer and will take another loss... of prob 5000$ , vehicle cost 29.9 where i live, so 25... for it, already lost 7k on my truck , this is getting old, either then that i love the car,

any solutions on these tran problems, or shaking, car has over 7k km and computer has been reset to rematch my driving habits because they thought it was that? still no change, i find it worse now
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #202
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcher79 View Post
Hey, I bought a 2012 ford focus titanium, about 4months ago, traded in my f150 xtr took a bit of a loss, and the car has nothing but issues, like everybody says it shakes randomly as different speeds, only time i noticed it does not shake is pass 120 km/h , shakes like a leaf around 60-85, also first 2 months my whole center counsel system that controls everything, died.... module cost like 4000$ to fix, lucky i got the 6 year, top warranty , and i brought it in the Northbay dealership and they said there is no problem with the vehicle.... are u kidding me? what i am to do now?, is there a way to get a damn refund on this piece of shit or what, il take my truck back any day, im already looking into trading it in at a dealer and will take another loss... of prob 5000$ , vehicle cost 29.9 where i live, so 25... for it, already lost 7k on my truck , this is getting old, either then that i love the car,

any solutions on these tran problems, or shaking, car has over 7k km and computer has been reset to rematch my driving habits because they thought it was that? still no change, i find it worse now
the 80 to 120km/h vibration is a bearing issue and apparently Ford has a problem with a supplier.I've been waiting 15 weeks for that problem to be solved on mine and still waiting.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #203
nydriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90846
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 nydriver Good Standing Member
Shake and grind

Yes, I have the same issues as the rest of you with the shaking and my car has 2400 miles. No change. In addition, there is a grinding noise when the car shifts from first gear to second. Does this happen to anyone else? Also, if I'm on a decline and put the car in reverse, the car creeps forward as I take my foot off the brake, then makes a loud clicking sound as it engages in reverse. I took it to the shop and had a test drive with a tech. He agreed with me that this was not normal. They had a look, called Ford and came back with the same answer...that this is all normal. I've been driving Fords for 20 years and have always loved them. Very unhappy Ford customer at the moment. I may take it to another dealer for service but Smith Cairns Ford in Yonkers NY could not help. I'm tired of wasting my time and bought a new car so I would not have to go in for service.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #204
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
After talking to FordCustomerService (Natasha), she escalated my case to the regional service center. I just got off the phone with someone working there and he talked to engineering and they advised my dealer to go ahead with the TSB. I'll drive it around for a few days to get the adaptive learning recalibrated (adaptive learning is reset in the TSB). And we'll see how it goes from there!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #205
nydriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90846
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 nydriver Good Standing Member
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
After talking to FordCustomerService (Natasha), she escalated my case to the regional service center. I just got off the phone with someone working there and he talked to engineering and they advised my dealer to go ahead with the TSB. I'll drive it around for a few days to get the adaptive learning recalibrated (adaptive learning is reset in the TSB). And we'll see how it goes from there!
Thanks. Customer Service just blew me off but I think the dealership reset the TSB. I'm less concerned about the shaking and more about the noise between first and second gear. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #206
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydriver View Post
I'm less concerned about the shaking and more about the noise between first and second gear. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Same with me, shaking probably has something to do with idle speed or something, but my weird shifting noises... don't sound good.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #207
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,237, Level 35
Points: 3,237, Level: 35 Points: 3,237, Level: 35 Points: 3,237, Level: 35
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Hey, I bought a 2012 ford focus titanium, about 4months ago.any solutions on these tran problems, or shaking, car has over 7k km and computer has been reset to rematch my driving habits because they thought it was that? still no change, i find it worse now
larcher79,

I know multiple repairs are frustrating. Please contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 so they can review your situation. If you already contacted them with no resolution, PM me the details, along with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/location so I can forward to my contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydriver View Post
Yes, I have the same issues as the rest of you with the shaking and my car has 2400 miles. No change. In addition, there is a grinding noise when the car shifts from first gear to second.
Bummed to hear you are unsatisfied. Please PM me your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) and I'll escalate your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Thanks for the follow-up! Keep me posted on the repair and how your Focus drives afterward.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #208
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:

Here's an update.The vibration issue went from "bearings issue" to "we know but we wont say until new magic parts are produced!" I didn't invent that BS that came fresh from the dealership service manager!Apparently the TSB with the fix should appear in a week or two.Yeah,but I was told the same bs more than 10 weeks ago.Also ,I'm suppose to believe that it only cost 5000$ cdn to replace the transmission,left driveshaft,bearings ,spindle and hub.Sorry but I dont buy this crap.Also now the door lock problem went from a 5 second delay to not at all on certain occasions and the "double click" trick doesnt work.I'm so tired of that pos car!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #209
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TI View Post
For all the people complaining about the power shift trans it just needs to stop I would rather have automated manual (DSG) any day over a slow automatic. If you want to drive cars that really suck go get a Chevy or a GM, you wont have a car on the road because it will be in the shop more than it is on the road. Ford has made a huge step in the correct direction with everything, Dodge, (Chevy and GM) are stuck back in the 1940's. I have just over a month to get my new 2012 TITANIUM 5 DOOR and cant wait, but with all this complaining I hope they don't change it to run and shift like a Chevy. Try this next time research the car you want to buy before you buy it.
But shouldn't the salesman be more forthcoming with info about a car someone is gonna plunk 20+ grand on? Or do they not know what this new transmission is ? Seems to me they dont really know either or just want to make the sale.. We have been ford people forever... Probably always will be but the unfair treatment we r getting concerning all this ...isnt from the dealer... cause ford has tied their hands It's Ford! and I for one am upset. We did do research on this car consumer reports etcetc no one mentioned the shudder till the car got out there and "we the people" started to speak up! I just want a fix! Hopefully Ford is trying and not gonna sit on it till my warranty runs out! JUSSSS SAYIN!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #210
ChrissyP
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89068
What I Drive: 2012 red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ChrissyP Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
Here's an update.The vibration issue went from "bearings issue" to "we know but we wont say until new magic parts are produced!" I didn't invent that BS that came fresh from the dealership service manager!Apparently the TSB with the fix should appear in a week or two.Yeah,but I was told the same bs more than 10 weeks ago.Also ,I'm suppose to believe that it only cost 5000$ cdn to replace the transmission,left driveshaft,bearings ,spindle and hub.Sorry but I dont buy this crap.Also now the door lock problem went from a 5 second delay to not at all on certain occasions and the "double click" trick doesnt work.I'm so tired of that pos car!
Oh Gezzzz.... whats the new door lock issue? lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.