2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 16 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #151
Trackertx-17
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89525
What I Drive: 2010 SE Hatcback Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 Trackertx-17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just the respone you would expect...Those of us stupid customers have gone thru the "Process". The "break in period" should of been mentioned during the sales process, as well as the dual clutch system. The sales man shoul of said the car will shake, just like it has a bad clutch for the frist 5000 miles, and you shoul take it to a delership with trained technicians. The problem does not occur with all cars, study up, or drive a few. Id bet if you where on the other side you woud have a diffrent opinion, and your attitude would be the a lot worse than ours. Yes, there are better dealerships than others, and by your responce I can tell you are in need of all types of training.
If someone went to a Dr. with your attitude they would be a deadman, in 5000 miles or less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #152
blackcervini
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74083
What I Drive: 01 Supercharged ZX3, 05 ST

FF Reputation: 5 blackcervini Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Wow, such hostility. Go to the doctor dude, hypertension kills. Patience pays off in big ways when you use it. I can truly understand frustration, being trapped in the city of Mogadishu, Somalia made me understand that staying in control and being patient keeps you together and understanding of others limitations. This is not to say I do not get red when confronted with extreme stupidity.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #153
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcervini View Post
All of the issues you guys are describing are the same we have had at the dealership. Earlier the mention of new technology and break-in time to get it right is sometimes inconvience to customers. Please understand at the dealership we wish you never had a problem and only had to come in for maintenance and true repairs, no warranty issues. People can be rather rude and unforgiving when their car is acting up, and I am now going to take it away and hope the repairs we do are the final answer. Trust me we want it fixed. When it comes to the 2012 Focus there is the added challenge of the new transmission and a price tag kind of up there. This is a car that gets much better gas mileage than before and will only get better. I understand the frustation but remember going to another dealership is your right and should not be looked at negatively by the dealer you choose. Ford Customer Service Reps get it from every side, Ford, Engineering Reps, Owners, Service Managers, and you guys, etc... I have heard them go to bat more than once for a customer that keeps their cool and lets the process work. As for the transmission, remember it has two clutches and if my 48 year old mind remembers clutches need a break-in period. I read that someone was getting conflicting info from the service advisor and manager, welcome to the human race, we also make mistakes. Yes, communication should be better. Let's look at it this way. When a Doctor is trying to heal your illness he will prescribe medication and if it does not work he will give another until it works. His business is called a PRACTICE and I am willing to bet few complain too much. But our business is auto REPAIR and the vast majority of people demand it be repaired right the first time. None of our guys have 8 year degrees, but seem to some amazing work with 20 years worth of different cars and engine combos. There is only one human body, seems a little unfair to demand perfection. Just one man's opinion
Hey blackcervini,

Ok what in your professional opinion is a proper break in time or mileage?

By your info on the side box you don't even own a 2012 Focus so I can understand that you may not be concerned about any issues with it. If you did own one and it had 5,000 miles on it and it still had the issue I would imagine you would want it repaired. Ford states themselves that the break in period is 1,000 miles so why the issues after that mileage period? I have zero issues with the dealer as they drove it and agreed it does it, Ford is the one that says don't touch it. I understand that new vehicles and especially generations will have issues and I have no problem with that, What I have issues with is Ford's response to the problem at hand. If only 10% of the production has these issues I personally would not call it normal, That means 90% of the vehicles are not doing it. So with that small of a amount why not fix it for the customers and give them a vehicle they can be happy to drive and not bad mouth it to every person that asks them about it.

Montana
Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #154
blackcervini
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74083
What I Drive: 01 Supercharged ZX3, 05 ST

FF Reputation: 5 blackcervini Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I try to understand why people seem to take the conversation to the personal level when on a Forum. If you hate the car so much than get rid of it. If you do not like Ford than buy GM (govt. motors) or better Dodge. There are some damn good people on this Forum, some of you do not fill that bill. Sniffling, bitching, and complaining about everything seems to be the order of the day. Giving some of you information learned over time by some of us seems to be open season with stupidity as your weapon. If I was a Ford Customer Service agent I would walk away from this discussion and let you flounder in the darkness. 2012TI your a stand up guy, thanks for your input. Hopefully this practice of personal attack will go away.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #155
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
I try to understand why people seem to take the conversation to the personal level when on a Forum. If you hate the car so much than get rid of it. If you do not like Ford than buy GM (govt. motors) or better Dodge. There are some damn good people on this Forum, some of you do not fill that bill. Sniffling, bitching, and complaining about everything seems to be the order of the day. Giving some of you information learned over time by some of us seems to be open season with stupidity as your weapon. If I was a Ford Customer Service agent I would walk away from this discussion and let you flounder in the darkness. 2012TI your a stand up guy, thanks for your input. Hopefully this practice of personal attack will go away.
FYI ,it's pretty hard to get rid of a car that's worth nothing.As long the VIN is assosiated with an open work order and TSB, it's very hard to sell the car without getting sued.I hate my car from the day I drove it out of the dealership.I'm not the only one caught with a lemon.If we were only a few with problems ,Ford would have replaced our cars from the start.But most of our cases are dragging forever ,making it impossible to get rid of them until the cars are working properly.This thread is made for the 2012 models with problems.If you don't have problems and don't own a 2012,maybe you shouldn't come here to rub it in.Trust me,the second my car will be fixed and it will be sold ,I will be out of here.I'm not here to bitch and complain ,I'm trying to get updates that Ford can't find.It sucks ,but sometimes you got to go in a dealership and start screaming to get someone to move.I hate making a scene,but if I want thing to move and people to wake up ,it has to be done.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #156
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Quote:
So if I understand this correctly unless we praise a vehicle that is not working as it should we should move on and get another manufactured vehicle? If anyone complains about a vehicle they paid over $20,000.00 for they should just be happy with the issues it has? Ford customer service already walked away and left those of us that have issues in the dark as did Ford corp. All I want out of this is a vehicle that operates like the other 90%. I also am guessing that you are a Ford employee or work at a Ford dealership, Let me ask you this when a customer comes into the dealer a number of times for the same issue do you tell them to go purchase another manufacturers vehicle as well?

Montana
Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #157
BeeTee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90068
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Gray

FF Reputation: 1 BeeTee Good Standing Member
Hey danc8 i don't have a solution for you yet, my appointment is next week, but i will respond and agree with you that Yorkdale Ford is pretty bad, the sales guy was nice but very rude and unprofessional management and total pressure sales from the warranty department, they tried to screw me over last year with a deal that thankfully fell through. Take your car to Erinwood, a bit out of the way I know, but if the service department is as great as the the whole front of the house and sales staff was then it would be worth the trip....this is what i'm hoping for anyway! Good luck
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #158
2012TI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87295
What I Drive: 12 titanium blue candy, 2001 SVT co

FF Reputation: 1 2012TI Good Standing Member
Beepster
I am not sure why you think you can not sell your car, ( and I don't know why you would want to sell it) this focus rocks. by the way a lemon is an issue that is an issue that happens three times in a row. the same issue over and over and there is a lots of red tape involved. when you bought your car did you put 20% down like you are suppose to. if so than put it up for sale than. if you did not live in canada than I would by it. Ford is the only one with any balls that wants to try new things unlike GM. they have made file cabinets on wheels for the past 50 years. here is an idea next time why don't you lease the car for one year than you can just give it back if you don't like it. did you take it on a test drive be for you bought it?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #159
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TI View Post
Beepster
I am not sure why you think you can not sell your car, ( and I don't know why you would want to sell it) this focus rocks. by the way a lemon is an issue that is an issue that happens three times in a row. the same issue over and over and there is a lots of red tape involved. when you bought your car did you put 20% down like you are suppose to. if so than put it up for sale than. if you did not live in canada than I would by it. Ford is the only one with any balls that wants to try new things unlike GM. they have made file cabinets on wheels for the past 50 years. here is an idea next time why don't you lease the car for one year than you can just give it back if you don't like it. did you take it on a test drive be for you bought it?
FYI,I bought the car cash and it had problems from the moment I got out of the dealership.This has nothing to do with the looks and technologies used,it's about quality control.This car came out of the assembly line and nobody inspected it before shipping it.I,ve been fighting Ford for the past 3 months to get a working car and all I'm told is to wait and wait.So far this car cost me my summer vacation and I'm officially embarassed of driving a Ford,and I used to be a Ford guy.Selling the car right now with the major defects will mean selling it for a ridiculous low price.And if I hide them I will get sued because of the open work orders and TSB.

So,I'm totally stucked.I cant use it for purpose I bought it and I can't sell it.If I want to do a road trip I'll need to rent a car.Innovative or not ,my 2012 Focus is a show car and nothing more.Why should I keep a car that I can't use to it's full potential?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #160
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
LOL, this is very funny. So you think that someone who has purchased a brand new vehicle that has issues should just be quiet and go away. Yea that's a good business model!

Go away troll, you don't even own a 2012.

Bookmarks & Social Networks