MyFord Touch Dead in my 7 day old Titanium - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #31
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikabod View Post
I just wish in the mean time there was a switch that would allow for a quick reboot. A laptop for example you would hold the power button down and it will shut off. Dont know of such a procedure with the focus. I agree, they need to figure this out. The car handles great, and is gas sipper. Yet paying the extra bread for a system that only works for a few days is NOT how to sell a car. I dont look forward to the day in few years when updates, service packs or support will sunset for the system. A laptop is "old" after just a couple years. I keep my car for at least 7 years. I would hate to do the commute to work with a black screen and only one radio station.
There is not a button or anything (as much as we would all like one). There is only the option of "Master Reset" which wipes out your phone, radio presets, Nav favorites, and so on. There is a little app you can throw on a USB drive that will reboot it though, without wiping anything out. If you want try it, it is here:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

I use it all the time. I just keep it on a dedicated drive in the car and use when necessary.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
YOU SIR ARE WRONG.

FoMoCo only gives "loaners" to Lincoln customers and that is only if the covered componant is under warranty that will cover the rental. i.e.(broken mirror switch that has to be ordered and is 3 days away doesnt cover wa car)

This is in your owners manual on page 11 of your warranty section. Please go look for yourself if you don't believe me.

The dealer may offer a car as a courtesy for the inconvenience, but they are not in any way obligated.

"Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have."
actually, no, he's not "wrong", check your warranty handout (not the owner's manual, but the one from Ford ESP). I just checked mine (since I always get a rental or loaner), and believe me, they wouldn't just do it out of the kindness of their hearts.. LOL. Anyway, here is the quote direct from the warranty handout given to me when I bought my car:

"If your vehicle is inoperable and must be kept overnight for a repair covered by the Basic Coverage under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty OR your Ford ESP, you will be reimbursed up to $35/day for up to 10 days. This benefit will also be offered for any Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Programs involving an ESP covered component for any Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles only. A first-day rental option (for taking a rental even for a repair that won't be overnight) is available on Ford ESP New Vehicle Plans." (My wife has this option on her truck and takes full advantage of it...) ESP coverage up's the reimbursement allowance up to $75/day, regardless of repair.

The important part of that quote is the "OR", which in plain writing says, that even the basic (including the free) new vehicle warranty from Ford covers the rental car cost as well, not just people who purchased the ESP coverage. This warranty handout was printed in Feb 2012 (Canada) when I bought my car, so, its not "outdated" and is correct. Maybe Ford USA has different coverage, but, I highly doubt it. You work at a dealer in the service department, I would think you would be aware of this info.
And according to the rental car company, the dealer doesn't even pay them, they bill Ford under the work order number and it gets submitted under the same warranty repair order.

That part you quoted from the owner's manual is "legalese" from Ford Legal department to cover them from lawsuits and appears in all manufacturer's literature, doesn't have anything to do with warranty items.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 08-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,615, Level 65
Points: 9,615, Level: 65 Points: 9,615, Level: 65 Points: 9,615, Level: 65
Level Up 89% Completed
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
actually, no, he's not "wrong", check your warranty handout (not the owner's manual, but the one from Ford ESP). I just checked mine (since I always get a rental or loaner), and believe me, they wouldn't just do it out of the kindness of their hearts.. LOL. Anyway, here is the quote direct from the warranty handout given to me when I bought my car:

"If your vehicle is inoperable and must be kept overnight for a repair covered by the Basic Coverage under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty OR your Ford ESP, you will be reimbursed up to $35/day for up to 10 days. This benefit will also be offered for any Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Programs involving an ESP covered component for any Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles only. A first-day rental option (for taking a rental even for a repair that won't be overnight) is available on Ford ESP New Vehicle Plans." (My wife has this option on her truck and takes full advantage of it...)

The important part of that quote is the "OR", which in plain writing says, that even the basic (including the free) new vehicle warranty from Ford covers the rental car cost as well, not just people who purchased the ESP coverage. This warranty handout was printed in Feb 2012 (Canada) when I bought my car, so, its not "outdated" and is correct. Maybe Ford USA has different coverage, but, I highly doubt it. You work at a dealer in the service department, I would think you would be aware of this info.
And according to the rental car company, the dealer doesn't even pay them, they bill Ford under the work order number and it gets submitted under the same warranty repair order.

That part you quoted from the owner's manual is "legalese" from Ford Legal department to cover them from lawsuits and appears in all manufacturer's literature, doesn't have anything to do with warranty items.
Thats not how it reads to me. It says that a warranty repair that occurs under the bumper to bumper warranty only gets a rental vehicle provided if it a. has to stay overnight for service, and b. If you purchased an ESP plan that includes rental coverage, the base vehicle warranty does not include any sort of loaner car if the dealer in question offers a Shuttle service instead.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #34
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Thats not how it reads to me. It says that a warranty repair that occurs under the bumper to bumper warranty only gets a rental vehicle provided if it a. has to stay overnight for service, and b. If you purchased an ESP plan that includes rental coverage, the base vehicle warranty does not include any sort of loaner car if the dealer in question offers a Shuttle service instead.
I guess we just have to disagree, but it's a moot point suss, since it's Ford's interpretation that matters. We get rental vehicles on all of our Fords after the first day, and we don't have ESP on all of them....
I think you may be confusing the "First day" rental option here Suss...where you would get a loaner/rental right away...that is a paid option, I agree there for sure.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 08-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
ESPs covers rentals, I don't think regular warranties are covered for it.

Since you mentioned ESP a lot in your post, not everyone buys ESP. Most people stick with the regular warranty.

My dealer is nice and they are good with giving me and my family loaner cars.

When my dads truck needed major work, it lasted beyond 2 weeks. The first week they let him use their own Escape and once they figured out it would take time to order the parts (they had to keep the truck anyways) they just got my dad to get a rental and it was all covered.

I've always gotten loaners, even for 2-3 hour jobs.

Depends on your dealership, if you are an ass then of course they won't give you that kind of service. I'm decent with my dealer and they are always decent with providing cars; but a lot of it also has to do with the fact that its all covered under ESP for most things.

I don't have ESP and I still get good service, thats because we've given them good business.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #36
Ryu Spiller
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103306
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

Points 8, Level 1
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Ryu Spiller Good Standing Member
I was a victim of the "Black Screen of Death" (no audio...nothing!)just yesterday. I took the car to the Dealer to see if they knew whats going on. They took 3 hours just to tell me they need the car back on Monday, so they can talk to Ford and find a fix.

:(

By the way, i'm new, and I'm from Mexico. Glad to join you guys!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Spiller View Post
I was a victim of the "Black Screen of Death" (no audio...nothing!)just yesterday. I took the car to the Dealer to see if they knew whats going on. They took 3 hours just to tell me they need the car back on Monday, so they can talk to Ford and find a fix.

That is pretty odd.

When my moms MFT failed, our salesguy realized that it was a APIM failure and he said, "Oh yea we know what you mean, bring it in later and we'll order the part it should take a few days"

Issue happened on Tuesday, we had time to drop it off Friday, got the car back Monday; they gave us a loaner Edge in similar trim to tide things over.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #38
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Spiller View Post

Well, first off, welcome.

Second, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully it is a relatively easy fix. Have you (or your dealer in the 3 hours they had it) tried a battery disconnect or fuse pull to get it back?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #39
Ryu Spiller
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103306
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

Points 8, Level 1
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Ryu Spiller Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Well, first off, welcome.

Second, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully it is a relatively easy fix. Have you (or your dealer in the 3 hours they had it) tried a battery disconnect or fuse pull to get it back?
I just Unplugged #79 I think...but only for a few minutes. But looking for a possible solution is how i ended up here. I read about taking out two fuses, one of the trunk, and the other one from the co-pilot side of the car. I will try it tomorrow.

I feel the need to guide the guys at the Dealer (i work at FORD, but i'm a Paint engineer) ...wanted to ask some buddies inside the company, but still no response.
What is that APIM thing you guyes mention? Is that a spare part to replace... or a coding issue?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
APIM is the Accesory Protocol Interface Module. From what I understand, it kind of ties all of the different features together, gets them to work with one another. It is a part. I had mine replaced a couple of months ago but for a different problem, not the one you are experiencing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.