MyFord Touch Dead in my 7 day old Titanium - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #21
Gabe2010SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70327
What I Drive: '13 Mustang 5.0L 6spd, '10 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Gabe2010SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
Exactly. i work at a dealer. if i have a good customer, ill "take care" of them
x2 ..... using TAP days is not an issue for a good customer or a surveyable one ...

They definitely should've set you up with a rental if you just bought the car from them, especially if so.

Glad to hear they fixed it ... we had one customer with a day-old 2012 tell us that the screen froze while she was driving, but that it was OK after re-starting the car ... really sucks that Ford's R&D didn't do a better job before releasing this (now) VERY glitchy software ...

And one other thing to remember : a lot of the MyFord Touch problems come from iPhone owners, and Microsoft still doesn't get along well with Apple, so that should explain SOMETHING ... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #22
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
NOTE:

any Sync updates, downloads, APIM installs will be denied this weekend as Ford is shuting the system down on their end for maintenance
Old 06-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #23
cchaos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86214
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cchaos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had MFT hang on me near the end of a 3 hour drive. The nav screen hung and I could not change any MFT controls other than volume and climate buttons (even sync stopped responding). But my iPod kept playing through the USB port - the only way i could stop it was to physically unplug the cable. I stopped and turned off the vehicle to pick up dinner, and when I started it back up, it ran through scheduled maintenance and everything worked normally again. Other than that one instance I haven't had any problems.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
wreed
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85302
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 wreed Good Standing Member
Ugh mine just went dead after 1600 miles. I hope they don't have it for 7 days like they did for yours.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
crazy_man
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86418
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Hatch - Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 crazy_man Good Standing Member
Mine was totally dark this morning when I set off for work. I was annoyed. After stopping for gas, it came right back up after starting up the car. Weird. I hope this doesn't become another 'issue'. Although with the MFT having so many issues, I'm at least prepared for it.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #26
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreed View Post
Ugh mine just went dead after 1600 miles. I hope they don't have it for 7 days like they did for yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_man View Post
Mine was totally dark this morning when I set off for work. I was annoyed. After stopping for gas, it came right back up after starting up the car. Weird. I hope this doesn't become another 'issue'. Although with the MFT having so many issues, I'm at least prepared for it.

NOTE TO ALL MFT OWNERS:

until the software update is out to correct the MFT issues, here is how to reset the SYNC system.

Crawl under the passenger side of the dash.
Below the glovebox is a cover for the fuse panel.
Fuse# 79 controls most SYNC functions.
Fuse # 79 is in the 3rd row from the left and 3rd up from the bottom.
pull the fuse. wait a few seconds
reinsert the fuse
turn car on and watch the system power up and function.

this is only how to temporarily reset the system until the software update is available from Ford.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #27
wreed
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85302
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 wreed Good Standing Member
Yes this worked, I did pull the fuse this morning...but it didn't come on. I went out to my car at lunch and still no display. I think hit the power button and that fired up the system reboot, yay!

Anyway just so people know, pulling the fuse will not make you lose your presets and what not....all settings stay.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #28
ikabod
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103174
What I Drive: 2012, Charcoal Metal Grey, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 ikabod Good Standing Member
After less than 6 days of owning my 2012 Titanium I too experienced the mytouch Black screen of death. Luckily I went to a few websites and started working on it. First I was told to remove a Fuse located in the rear Fuse box (to the left of the rear tire looking forward). I pulled fuse #29 (parking assist camera fuse). Kept it out for 5 min. Returned it. That did NOT resolve the problem. In the manual it is noted that the following are responsible for the navigation system and sync:
Passenger side under glove compartment. It is covered by a plastic clothy thing. Remove the two black plastic caps by gently squeezing the two sides of the caps. Pull and expose the fuse box. From there remove the following fuses.

Fuse #67 7.5A Sync Multifunction Display, Global Positioning System module and Compass.
Fuse #79 15A Radio, Navigation DVD player, Touch screen, Hazard light switch, Door lock switch.

I left the doors open out of fear that Fuse #79 would keep the doors locked (regardless if it does or not, just wanted to be sure) and there I would be unable to get back in.

I left the fuses out for 5min. Reinstalled them. As soon as i got back into the car and the black screen went to blue sky. I figured something was right. Anyway it worked. Now here is my hypothesis:

I have read that removing just fuse #29 would resolve this issue. I did not work for me.
However.
Removing BOTH fuses #79 and #67 did work. The screen went completely black and appeared to power off when I removed fuse 67. Therefore it may have been just removing #67. I'm expecting this to happen again until there is a proper firmware update.
I hope this helps. I cannot guarantee this will work.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 AM   #29
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
This is great information for someone who experiences the black screen of death, but I hope the OP has figured it out by now...ha ha.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #30
ikabod
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103174
What I Drive: 2012, Charcoal Metal Grey, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 ikabod Good Standing Member
I just wish in the mean time there was a switch that would allow for a quick reboot. A laptop for example you would hold the power button down and it will shut off. Dont know of such a procedure with the focus. I agree, they need to figure this out. The car handles great, and is gas sipper. Yet paying the extra bread for a system that only works for a few days is NOT how to sell a car. I dont look forward to the day in few years when updates, service packs or support will sunset for the system. A laptop is "old" after just a couple years. I keep my car for at least 7 years. I would hate to do the commute to work with a black screen and only one radio station.

Bookmarks & Social Networks