MyFord Touch Dead in my 7 day old Titanium - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Angel91354
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86421
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Angel91354 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MyFord Touch Dead in my 7 day old Titanium

Hi all. Some disappointing news on my 7 day old new Titanium. My touch screen went dark and NONE of the steering controls worked - including voice. My local Ford dealer has had the car for 3 days and now wants to keep it until next week...

Day ONE: Dealer admitted they have no clue why entire system would die since the system is so new. They need to keep the car and contact Ford;

Day TWO: Dealer says Ford advised them to replace screen module. Needs to order it but will have it next day;

Day THREE: Dealer received part and installed it. Now, steering wheel controls work but the screen is still dead. I'm told they need to re-consult with Ford on matter. It's Friday night and Ford doesn't offer loaner cars (I guess I was spoiled with Acura). I guess I will await Monday to hear what else is suggested.

I was really starting to love this car!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Did you get a rental??

Insane how all these quality issues are coming up.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 232,586, Level 100
Points: 232,586, Level: 100 Points: 232,586, Level: 100 Points: 232,586, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Well, sometimes new things take a dump...thus warranties, especially in the electronics dept... Sounds like you have an honest dealer who is trying hard to fix the problem...be patient, but yeah that sucks

I"d get a rental or a loaner from them if you can
Old 06-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
That really sucks, but at least they're trying. Hope it get fixed soon. I've seen a fair amount of folks get enterprise rentals for warranty work at Ford dealers. You may want to inquire and see if your dealer has an arrangement with your local enterprise rental car.

Laguna Seca Pedals
Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
Minoy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86055
What I Drive: 2008 Toyota Tundra

FF Reputation: 1 Minoy Good Standing Member
Ford is supposed to provide you with a rental car. Read your warranty paper work.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
Sayer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85960
What I Drive: 2012, Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Sayer Good Standing Member
First, Minoy is 100% right. If they have to keep the car overnight they are required to provide you with a rental car. This is just your dealer trying to skip out on the cost to rent a car. You need to take it up with the service manager and if he refuses to help you ask to speak with the overall dealership manager.

Second, that MyFord Touch has been glitchy and problematic in these cars since they released it. It's the only reason I went with the SE with the standard SYNC only screen instead of the upgraded touch screen. Just too many issues. Ford has done something like seven or eight upgrades to the software in an effort to get the problem under control. I've heard that Mulally is personal involved and apparently pretty upset about the whole thing. I'm sure some pink slips have been handed out over it. They'll get the problem sorted out but I knew going in that I wouldn't buy a Focus with the touch screen until at least two to three years into production so the system would be trouble free.

Having said that, let me just add that my SE with the sports package has been completely trouble free and a blast to drive.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #7
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Perhaps the dealer can talk with Ford and replace the entire car?? Its worth a try!
Their could be a pinched wire somewhere which caused a short in the system, in which case I would not consider it to be a quality issue. If so, it could be difficult to find, and or replace the wiring harness...hence my first thought above!!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #8
Tony407
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85289
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Hatch Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Tony407 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
First, Minoy is 100% right. If they have to keep the car overnight they are required to provide you with a rental car. This is just your dealer trying to skip out on the cost to rent a car.
If a repair is covered under warranty, Ford reimburses the dealership for the costs for a rental car, shuttle, etc. So the dealership shouldn't have a care in the world as far as getting you the necessary transportation.

Tony
Old 06-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #9
Sayer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85960
What I Drive: 2012, Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Sayer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
If a repair is covered under warranty, Ford reimburses the dealership for the costs for a rental car, shuttle, etc. So the dealership shouldn't have a care in the world as far as getting you the necessary transportation.

Tony
I know, but they have to front the cost in the first place and sometimes they figure it's easier to just tell the customer "no" than to deal with getting reimbursed.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,887, Level 83
Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83 Points: 16,887, Level: 83
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
First, Minoy is 100% right. If they have to keep the car overnight they are required to provide you with a rental car. This is just your dealer trying to skip out on the cost to rent a car. You need to take it up with the service manager and if he refuses to help you ask to speak with the overall dealership manager.

Second, that MyFord Touch has been glitchy and problematic in these cars since they released it. It's the only reason I went with the SE with the standard SYNC only screen instead of the upgraded touch screen. Just too many issues. Ford has done something like seven or eight upgrades to the software in an effort to get the problem under control. I've heard that Mulally is personal involved and apparently pretty upset about the whole thing. I'm sure some pink slips have been handed out over it. They'll get the problem sorted out but I knew going in that I wouldn't buy a Focus with the touch screen until at least two to three years into production so the system would be trouble free.

Having said that, let me just add that my SE with the sports package has been completely trouble free and a blast to drive.
YOU SIR ARE WRONG.

FoMoCo only gives "loaners" to Lincoln customers and that is only if the covered componant is under warranty that will cover the rental. i.e.(broken mirror switch that has to be ordered and is 3 days away doesnt cover wa car)

This is in your owners manual on page 11 of your warranty section. Please go look for yourself if you don't believe me.

The dealer may offer a car as a courtesy for the inconvenience, but they are not in any way obligated.

"Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have."

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.