2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities. - Page 31 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #301
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 4,294, Level 41
Points: 4,294, Level: 41 Points: 4,294, Level: 41 Points: 4,294, Level: 41
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Actually I am mirroring my Galaxy S2 on the MFT display.
Do you have a thread on this? How did you mirror the display?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #302
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
Do you have a thread on this? How did you mirror the display?
Follow the link in my signature, and there's much more to come.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #303
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

Points 3,942, Level 39
Points: 3,942, Level: 39 Points: 3,942, Level: 39 Points: 3,942, Level: 39
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 11 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Follow the link in my signature, and there's much more to come.
Checked your link and impressive is an understatement. Very nice work and an awesome project

SC#8 HN168
uɐıןɐɹʇs,
Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #304
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by unida767 View Post
Checked your link and impressive is an understatement. Very nice work and an awesome project
Thanks! That's one of four different IVI solutions I am working on, there's more to come...
Old 07-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #305
redzone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114512
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Hatchback SE

Points 667, Level 13
Points: 667, Level: 13 Points: 667, Level: 13 Points: 667, Level: 13
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 redzone Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks! That's one of four different IVI solutions I am working on, there's more to come...

hello oritpro,

have you looking into the android dash kits that are sold via ebay / ali express? im wondering how your ivi set up works compared to one of those.
Stock for now
Old 07-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #306
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
hello oritpro,

have you looking into the android dash kits that are sold via ebay / ali express? im wondering how your ivi set up works compared to one of those.
I am not a fan of Android based head units for the simple reason that if it get's stolen there's more to lose than just the device, like personal information and access to Google and other accounts. This one of the reasons I prefer Android mirroring, the phone stays with the person and isn't permanently mounted in the vehicle.

All of my projects mirror the phone to a larger display which makes it easier to read. One of those projects supports voice commands where I can control music selection, AM/FM radio, and anything in the vehicle such as the windows, door locks, and climate control system all with my voice. I can even send navigation commands to the phone via voice commands. It isn't documented on my blog yet, but people close to me that have seen it were quite impressed.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #307
FFuser321
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117950
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus

FF Reputation: 1 FFuser321 Good Standing Member
Quote:
All of my projects mirror the phone to a larger display which makes it easier to read. One of those projects supports voice commands where I can control music selection, AM/FM radio, and anything in the vehicle such as the windows, door locks, and climate control system all with my voice. I can even send navigation commands to the phone via voice commands. It isn't documented on my blog yet, but people close to me that have seen it were quite impressed.
Could you please post a link to your blog, other similar projects, or more information about android headunits, specifically for the 2012 focus. An aftermarket head unit running android, that can control windows, locks, etc sounds amazing!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #308
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFuser321 View Post
Could you please post a link to your blog, other similar projects, or more information about android headunits, specifically for the 2012 focus. An aftermarket head unit running android, that can control windows, locks, etc sounds amazing!
I put the link back in my signature, the blog is seriously out of date though. Pi Link has been improved quite a bit since I posted those instructions and they need updating. Actually, I have a ton of stuff to add to it but haven't had the time. I plan on doing an extreme blog makeover the first week of September time permitting.

Also, I installed project #2 in my Impreza this weekend. It's not interfaced to the vehicle yet (windows, door locks, CAN bus, etc...).

Last edited by oritpro; 09-04-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #309
Wyumez
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 17439
FF Reputation: 1 Wyumez Good Standing Member
Those with the double din mounts, were you able to get the steering wheel controls to work?
Old 09-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #310
dislexiclawyer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117877
What I Drive: 2004 Chrysler Sebring

FF Reputation: 1 dislexiclawyer Good Standing Member
The Metra kit seems to be somewhat popular here so I thought I would add how I set up my girlfriend's focus. I tried to be somewhat comprehensive to alleviate some questions since I don't visit this board often. I wanted to share though since everyone here has been a wealth of knowledge in my decision making.

The what:
2012 Ford Focus SEL with SYNC
Metra 99-5827B trim panel
40-EU10 antenna adapter
FRST-2 wiring harness
Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH headunit
CD-IU51V ipod cable

The how:
Most of the installation was fairly straight forward. If you follow the instructions for the radio and wiring harness it is basically connecting the like colored wires to each other. I connected all of the standard wires for power, speakers, speed sensor, etc.

I am having problems with the illumination not changing when the headlights turn on, but I am working with a technician from Metra to solve the issue. I will likely have to just splice into the running light wire or an interior footwell light if we can't get it solved.

I also bypassed the parking brake wire for the navigation. I moved the mute wire down one pin and connected it and the parking brake wire to ground and now we have full NAV functionality while driving. If you have questions about this there are numerous videos and threads on other forums.

I ran the iPod cable into the center console through the space at the top of the console on the sides. I had to remove the cup holder and the passenger side trim panel in order to have room to work. It was a pain but it works like a charm. The microphone and the GPS antenna I mounted by the rear view mirror. It is easier if you start at the top and work down. I attached them where I wanted them and then tucked the wires in the headliner, ran them down inside the pillar moulding and through the dash over to the radio. There was still a ton of cable left over that I coiled up and ziptied. I think it came out very well. I think we definitely made the right choice with this headunit too, it is wonderful.

The USB port in the console still charges but we haven't tested it for data or the line in since we either use an iPod, iPhone, or connect to the headunit with bluetooth. Although, the way the FRST-2 connects to the radio it leads me to believe the stock plug-ins are retained.

Pictures:

I guess since this is my first post and all I'll include the actual car too.

Bookmarks & Social Networks