2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities. - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #231
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL330 View Post
That looks good. How long do you think it will take for that new head unit to come in? I'm really interested to see how it goes, I'll probably order within the next 2 weeks.
Thank you.

It shipped out yesterday and they said 3-5 business days. So next week sometime hopefully. I will install it the same day I get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #232
TheDriver916
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96977
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TheDriver916 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarson View Post

I am also picky about that. If you look close you can see it mounted. I looks very OEM IMO.
It looks very OEM nice job. Also clear out some space in your inbox I wasn't able to reply to your message.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #233
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver916 View Post
It looks very OEM nice job. Also clear out some space in your inbox I wasn't able to reply to your message.
Thanks man. And done.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #234
cgrums
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108510
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cgrums Good Standing Member
BLarson, I've been following this thread for quite some time in the hopes of finding a suitable replacement to the MFT that came in my SEL. I also have purchased the stereo you've linked from Amazon, hopefully not in too much haste.

I've a fair amount of car audio experience with previous vehicles, I'm very much looking forward to replacing the gem that is the MFT.

I'd like very much to know where you purchased that camera as it matches the white perfectly. Do you have a link handy?

Thanks!
Charlie
Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #235
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrums View Post
BLarson, I've been following this thread for quite some time in the hopes of finding a suitable replacement to the MFT that came in my SEL. I also have purchased the stereo you've linked from Amazon, hopefully not in too much haste.

I've a fair amount of car audio experience with previous vehicles, I'm very much looking forward to replacing the gem that is the MFT.

I'd like very much to know where you purchased that camera as it matches the white perfectly. Do you have a link handy?

Thanks!
Charlie
Well I havnt tested it yet. So I can't review it or tell you what I think. My initial impression is very positive. The paint looks great. The housing is metal, and it includes everything you will need. And it's very inexpensive. Here is the link.

Check this out on AMZN: Car Rear View Reverse Backup Parking Waterproof CMOS Cam... http://amzn.com/B007PBPQ8S

Here are some of my pics before I installed it.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #236
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrums View Post

Thanks!
Charlie
After waiting now for weeks I emailed newstone and they told me they mixed up your and my orders. So you will likely receive your unit first . Mine should arrive on Tuesday.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #237
cgrums
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarson View Post
After waiting now for weeks I emailed newstone and they told me they mixed up your and my orders. So you will likely receive your unit first . Mine should arrive on Tuesday.
That's....less than encouraging. I've received tracking info for my order, it should be here Wednesday. Depending on schedule I may get it installed Thursday or Friday, this weekend at the absolute latest.

Charlie
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #238
cgrums
Focus Rookie

FedEx shows my package out for delivery today. I'll post pics and feedback as soon as I get home.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #239
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92144
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member

I am so excited and I am not even getting one of those units!
One day!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #240
cgrums
Focus Rookie

Looks like everything made the trip perfectly (physically) intact:

So far I'm *tentatively* impressed with the overall fit and finish of the headunit. Trim plastics are nicely done and approximate the stock dash. Switchgear feels decent, I didn't notice any excessive play or any other signs of 'cheap'. These observations are, of course, totally moot if the thing doesn't power up.

One thing that has me confused: on the top of the DIN cage is a basic wiring diagram with the following note:

Parking brake must be connected to B- or video will not show.

B- is shown as the negative terminal of the battery. I'm wondering if grounding the parking cable pertains only to the ability to play video in motion? Or does it need to be grounded for the HU to function at all?

Is there an easy place to grab the parking cable signal in the factory harness for the MFT?

Bookmarks & Social Networks