2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities. - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #211
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92144
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldeezy View Post
Whats goin on everyone, I have a 2012 SE Sedan. Its got the basic stereo in it, no sync. I am looking to purchase an aftermarket stereo/indash gps. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forums!
I'd have to say there are two options to choose from

Option #1 is go with Metra and use their faceplate to add any single or double din aftermarket stereo you want. It's the farthest from OEM look imho

Option #2 is to follow this thread for what Blarson is going to do with his focus. Which again imho is the most OEM looking and with what that unit is touting you would be able to keep everything, im not sure of sync but since you do not have it..its all good

I'd go with option #2

and if you got only the 4 speaker setup I'd upgrade to 6 with component speakers in the front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #212
HuskyFocusSP
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105519
What I Drive: 2013 Candy Blue Trend

FF Reputation: 1 HuskyFocusSP Good Standing Member
Hi Guys brought an Android Audio system for 2012 Focus. Installed system and it works well. All controls work as they should. The only thing is that I don't get any SYNC audio. SYNC works and can hear commands but you can't here anything. Has any one experienced this?

Any advise.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #213
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92144
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFocusSP View Post
Hi Guys brought an Android Audio system for 2012 Focus. Installed system and it works well. All controls work as they should. The only thing is that I don't get any SYNC audio. SYNC works and can hear commands but you can't here anything. Has any one experienced this?

Any advise.
How is the sound quality compared to the factory unit?
what speaker config. do you have?

sorry I do not have an answer to your sync question. I think it would be kind of cool to not here her voice! hahah I get stared at all the time when people hear my car talking to me.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #214
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Quote:

Any advise.
Which system exactly? Do you have a link?

Most systems I have found with the only exception being the Metra unit, do not retain sync capabilities.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #215
HuskyFocusSP
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Hi Thanks for the update. Here's the link http://android-caraudio.com/en/ford/...eo-s-max-.html
I also have the DTV option, it works quite well. The speaker for the moment are the factory one and there not bad with this system. I am looking at upgrading them soon though. SYNC integrates as if you had the old screen. When you select the voice button on the wheel the SYNC screen pops up on the screen.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #216
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Well to all of those who are anxiously tuned.

I bought this unit tonight.

They assured me it would be compatible. Fingers crossed.

I'll post as soon as I know.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #217
HuskyFocusSP
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Hey is that from the link I placed above? It des work as they have said only I am waiting for them to advise on the SYNC issue. Used it today and when a cell comes through SYNC pops up on the screen as it would before and the controls all work.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #218
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Hey is that from the link I placed above? It des work as they have said only I am waiting for them to advise on the SYNC issue. Used it today and when a cell comes through SYNC pops up on the screen as it would before and the controls all work.
It is a different unit. Although, I think all of these units are virtually the same with minor differences in design/software and comparability. The only people I know of who have successfully run these units have been in Europe or had a euro focus like you do being in Australia. This is the second such unit I have tried, the first not being compatible with my US built beauty.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #219
arnljot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93099
What I Drive: 2012 Estate Candy Red 115PS

FF Reputation: 1 arnljot Good Standing Member
I've been following this thread since quite a while. And I suspect a lot of other europeans also follow this site and this thread hoping that the magic system will apear.

So far it seems really hard to find the right system.

#1 Cars internal clock.
First thing first. I have a standard system with a 3.5" dot-matrix multifunction display. As I understand it I will loose the ability to set the clock with all systems if I do not choose a besel with an inset for this display?

#2 Back and forward parking sensors
For a system to have support for this, it needs a compatible CANBUS adapter?

#3 Climate control display
Here again you need the CANBUS adapter?

#4 Cars steeringwheel controls for multimedia and phone(BT)
Here Im getting confused, because many systems that claim to have this, doesn't support #2 and #3. What is the interface, is it also CANBUS?

#5 Cars microphone for phone integration
Where is it, and how common is it that new systems "reuse" it, instead of bringing its own.

#6 DAB. Its becoming the standard for Radio in Norway, for such a premium we're talking about here, a system should perhaps be able to be sold with the card. It then needs to support DAB radio. Does any europeans here know a system that supports DAB?

These were my questions. From this you can tell that I want a fully integrated navigation system with DAB radio. :)

Ford in Norway sells the Pioneer AVIC-F930BT (FINIS 1747 425) as an aftermarket system for the Focus with CANBUS adapter for European Fords (FINIS 1767 943) and besel (FINIS 1767 942).

This setup is soo close to a perfect system for me. But it doesn't have DAB radio. Its a $1500+ setup that will go quiet when the car is ready to be sold.

Pioneer has DAB radio with steeringwheel controls, but it doesn't have Navigation or support for parking sensors and climate control then.

Sigh :)

Last year Ford didn't have a 2DIN besel which they have now, so maybe next year they have a DAB navi option that will fit my bill :)

2 DIN units:
This one from Alpine has DAB and Navi, but doesn't mention car integration:
http://www.alpine-electronics.no/p/P...3842/ine-w925r

This one from Clarion has DAB too and Navi, but doesn't integrate Climate control and parking sensors:
http://www.clarion.com/xe/en/product...568391536.html

Pioneer AVIC-F940BT, later model than the AVIC-F940BT. Fully integrated with Ford Focus, but no DAB radio:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/2...40BT/page.html

DAB Tuner for Multimedia tuners, uses the video-aux in of the tuner to "seamlessly" integrate with existing system:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con-...dab-tuner.html

Last edited by arnljot; 01-08-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added link
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #220
Lowell-ST1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107023
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus ST1

FF Reputation: 1 Lowell-ST1 Good Standing Member

Alpine SPS-610C speakers in the front
Alpine SPS-610 speakers in the back
Alpine SWS-1043D subwoofer